Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mp Gets Twiggy Advert Banned, Jo Swinson campaigns against airbrushing
Twiggy Olay Advert
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total registered members' Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
murn
post 21st Dec 2009, 11:04pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,825
The Twiggy ad is no worse than most of the other ads out there. This is not to say I agree with it but if they are going to put a stop to it then they should do it across the board. Its everywhere in advertising the retouching in commercials are just as bad. Check out the shiny hair in shampoo commercials and the celebs faces are all retouched. A lot of the commercials these days look more like computer animations.

Check out these two, but I guess as long as they are not trying to sell anything it is ok dry.gif
Even some of the celebs have complained that they did not recognize themselves.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kerry4652
post 21st Dec 2009, 11:21pm
Post #32

City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,585
I cannot stand lulu.

+Quote Post
Alex MacPhee
post 22nd Dec 2009, 07:52am
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,183
QUOTE (kerry4652 @ 21st Dec 2009, 11:19pm) *
I cannot stand lulu.

I don't mind her at all, but I was disappointed that she re-invented her accent. Smacks of being ashamed of her roots in Glasgow.

--------------------
Alex

+Quote Post
junemc
post 24th Dec 2009, 09:21am
Post #34

Visitor
Member No.: 1,592
Anyone who purchases the Bearsden and Milngavie Herald each week, will notice that Jo Swinson has her picture in it every week, grinning like a cheshire cat that has got the cream. Not just one picture but sometimes six!! For all the good she seems to be doing, in and around Bearsden and Milngavie, I would sincerely like to air brush her out of all the pictures. Surely there are more important things in life than this nonsense.

+Quote Post
marydee
post 24th Dec 2009, 06:21pm
Post #35

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,766
I don't think advertisers should be allowed to make claims that they can't substantiate if they were we would all be buying pills that claim to make us thin, cream that makes us young and shampoos that end baldness. While this may seem trite what happens when a lotion or potion is advertised as being a cure for serious disease, a mental health problem or any condition that requires scientifically tested medication to cure or slow down symptoms. Desperate people often take desperate measures in an attempt to find a cure for terminal illness and ignore medical advice in the process.

+Quote Post
murn
post 30th Dec 2009, 03:47am
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,825
I don't think it should be allowed either and this is from someone that used to be in advertising. It is nothing more than fraud and should be prosecuted.
Used to use Clinique as I was allegic to others but now I could use any old stuff. There are some good things that come with the change tongue.gif Drink the water dont put it on yer face wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.