Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

61 Pages V  « < 59 60 61  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any One From Maryhill?
*Margaret Racey*
post 6th May 2017, 01:28pm
Post #901

QUOTE (RonaldK @ 11th Feb 2014, 02:58am) *
I was brought up at 49 Kelvinside Ave. and remember the co-op at the bottom of the street and the old co-op funerals you could get. across the road was the hall used by NKS school lunch sittings 4s/9d for card. Two sittings Old School at 1200 and New School at 1230. Now there's no school and no street. Remember the HLI pub at the Maryhill raod corner and a fish and chip shop on the Kelvinside Ave corner. Then the church at the top of the road and Stair street coing down the other side of the hill. used to get a huggie from the flat bed trucks going up the avenue. Bottom of the avenue round the corner was a garage and across the road the concrete ground with the swings and the church I wwas baptised at and attended the 173 BB graduating from the Life Boys' that met in the NKS weating hall. I can remember the stormy night when the side wall of the tennements across the road fell out exposing the rooms which lead to families being re-located to Drumchaple and other new suburbs. I also remember Dirty Mary's shop.
My father Eddie Lived in Roland street with his sister before moving to Kelvinside Ave. Don't know the number in Roland street but the internal loo was seen as a step up.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 8th Feb 2018, 11:40pm
Post #902

My name is James lynch had a brother robert (benny) we lived at 43 collina street in the valley great memories growing up there.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 4th Mar 2018, 06:53pm
Post #903

Nuffin but gr8 mems growin up there.

+Quote Post
*Jan in America*
post 4th Mar 2018, 07:32pm
Post #904

QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 21st Apr 2007, 08:05pm) *
unsure.gif Lennox the news about vera being ill was almost 9 yrs ago but she was still in maryhill at that time, first in a long time for me but i should be in maryhill sometime in september, please keep in touch id love to know the other story, at this point this is all i can say - i hope you know what im saying here Lennox, cheers. wub.gif maryhill for ever.

I stumbled upon these Clarks posts when doing genealogy research on the Clark Line. Some of the addresses mentioned line up clearly with birth lines and other records that I have found.

My father was James Sheppard (later changed to Shepherd). His mother was Mary Clark and John Sheppard was his father. Mary and John were married in 1949. Mary's father, John Clark was born in 1896 and married Helen McCormick. John Clark's father was Thomas and Thomas' father was Michael.

I don't mean to turn this into a genealogy thread but any help would be appreciated. My father James and all of his siblings were put into homes at an early age. I'd like to know more about the Clark line, especially my Grandmother Mary.

I am guessing that most of you who have posted have moved on but thought that I'd try.

Thanks.

+Quote Post

61 Pages V  « < 59 60 61
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Dec 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.