Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bbc Scotland Investigates, Humans for Sale
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 07:03am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
This was on the telly a couple of days ago.

Human trafficking is big business, making billions for organised crime gangs around the world. Investigative journalist Sam Poling goes undercover to expose the ruthless tactics used in the supply chain and discovers shocking links to Scotland. She travels to eastern Europe to track down victims sold to Glasgow gangs for sex and witnesses the grinding poverty which is putting people at the mercy of those cashing in on human misery.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 12th May 2017, 09:41am
Post #2

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Grinding poverty !! in EUtopia ? surely some mistake.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th May 2017, 11:49am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 12th May 2017, 11:41am) *

Yes it exists, even in UK and US. sad.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 05:40pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 12th May 2017, 09:41am) *

Wee Nic is not coming out well seeing as it's in her wonderfully 'diverse' backdoor.

click below for twitter posts discussing it
#humans for sale

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 12th May 2017, 06:13pm
Post #5

City Key Holder
Jagz will be along shortly to confirm all those posts are probably by Yunies and that the Selfie Queen
has the matter in hand.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th May 2017, 12:42pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 12th May 2017, 07:13pm) *
Jagz will be along shortly to confirm all those posts are probably by Yunies and that the Selfie Queen
has the matter in hand.

No, i was still in the 'Labour Routed In Glasgow' thread waiting on your reply to my "Have any charges been brought, do tell?" about your "Would that be the same SNP who lost 2 M.P.s because of alleged financial irregularities and who have a third still under investigation?" post from last Sunday.

And it's Yoonies BTW.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th May 2017, 12:57pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th May 2017, 06:40pm) *
Wee Nic is not coming out well seeing as it's in her wonderfully 'diverse' backdoor.

click below for twitter posts discussing it
#humans for sale

You do realise Immigration and border control are Westminster reserved matters (of course you did)
but you will do anything to take the heat off Theresa May and the Tories. yes.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 13th May 2017, 07:11pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th May 2017, 12:57pm) *
You do realise Immigration and border control are Westminster reserved matters (of course you did)
but you will do anything to take the heat off Theresa May and the Tories. yes.gif

I posted the video of a program aired on the BBC that is relevant to this Glasgow forum, I figured that members here who do not have access to the BBC would be interested in it.
After reading people talking about it and the hashtag humans for sale I read some of the comments and posted the link here for others. I noticed that Wee Nic was getting some bad 'reviews' and said so. You on your usual pedestal take offence once again come out with your Dory catchphrase 'just blame Westminster'. It is Wee Nics constituency, not Mays. It is Wee Nic who as a fervent EU nationalist wants more of the same, I for one, and I'm sure outwith of the SNP are not alone in this, want control of EU numbers by restricting the sort of people who participate in these abhorrent crimes. Under Wee Nics plans it would increase!!
No doubt that as its the BBC the tinfoilers will be shouting its a conspiracy and that releasing it this close to the election is to discredit Wee Nic

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th May 2017, 07:57pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
John, I saw the BBC report which is the subject of this topic. I thank you for posting it.

Before this topic degenerates into personal arguments, I would ask all readers of this topic to stop and take note of what this BBC report was about.

It was a report which included the ongoing trafficking of large numbers young teenage Roma girls being sold into slavery and sent to Govanhill in Glasgow. They are forced into marriages with Pakistani nationals who use these marriages to EU citizens, as a means of getting British citizenship.

After the Pakistani's achieve British citizenship, the girls are sold on to another Pakistani. The children of these marraiges suffer different fates. Some sent back to the grandparents. When the girl has passed her sell by date she is forced to go onto the streets of Glasgow and beg.

Some of the girls are sold into the sex trade. Their value depends on how marketable they are. The girls were not kidnapped. They were sold by their families.

Forgetting about party politics, surely, surely, this must be known to UK politicians, police forces etc. Have we come to the stage where we have sunk so low, that in fear of being called racists, we turn a blind eye to what is going on?

What we do is to use the age old method of using money to cover up what is going on around us. For example, in this very area of Govanhill, the National Lottery recently gave £200,000 to help teach the young children in Govanhill, how to speak English. Some of these children must be the children of the young teenage mothers who have been sold into slavery.

How can Council officials and politicians ignore what is going on?

For those of you who didn't see the report, the BBC reporter went to Roma communities in the EU.
She travelled on one of the buses that is used on a very regular basis to transport Roma's to the UK.This is all organised by very wealthy criminals. She also interviewed one very young girl who had been rescued on the continent, and now lived in sheltered accommodation. She told how she had been raped four or five times PER DAY before she was rescued.

Freedom of movement. Great idea for some.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 13th May 2017, 08:39pm
Post #10

City Key Holder
Sorry Danny, La Sturgeon says Independence transcends all and a Indy Scotland will welcome all who want to come here.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th May 2017, 10:09pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 13th May 2017, 09:11pm) *
I posted the video of a program aired on the BBC that is relevant to this Glasgow forum, I figured that members here who do not have access to the BBC would be interested in it.
After reading people talking about it and the hashtag humans for sale I read some of the comments and posted the link here for others. I noticed that Wee Nic was getting some bad 'reviews' and said so. You on your usual pedestal take offence once again come out with your Dory catchphrase 'just blame Westminster'. It is Wee Nics constituency, not Mays. It is Wee Nic who as a fervent EU nationalist wants more of the same, I for one, and I'm sure outwith of the SNP are not alone in this, want control of EU numbers by restricting the sort of people who participate in these abhorrent crimes. Under Wee Nics plans it would increase!!
No doubt that as its the BBC the tinfoilers will be shouting its a conspiracy and that releasing it this close to the election is to discredit Wee Nic

Really clever stuff! Restrict the sort of people who commit abhorrent crimes, by limiting the number of immigrants from EU. We all know that EU people have this thing for committing crimes, especially abhorrent ones. Must be in their genes. Whaddya think? After all. true Scots never commit abhorrent crimes, eh! Never known before the EU!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th May 2017, 10:26pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
To gain UK citizenship must be a lot easier than those respectable people, who have recently been deported, knew. Obviously they submitted the wrong forms. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 13th May 2017, 11:47pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th May 2017, 10:09pm) *
Really clever stuff! Restrict the sort of people who commit abhorrent crimes, by limiting the number of immigrants from EU. We all know that EU people have this thing for committing crimes, especially abhorrent ones. Must be in their genes. Whaddya think? After all. true Scots never commit abhorrent crimes, eh! Never known before the EU!

If you quote a post then at least read it. I said I want EU numbers controlled just as it is with other immigration. The people who commit these crimes will probably have criminal records, they dont get in, those that dont have records will probably not be skilled in a trade that would get them shortlisted, they dont get in.
While we are in the EU member countries cannot restrict the movement of EU citizens, once we are out then 'we' can and hopefully then go about encouraging those who have never worked to leave, all within the EU rules of course, remember you posted them.

Just the usual reply from apologists, we have criminals here so it's OK to allow foreign criminals in just so some old buggers can retire in the sun rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 14th May 2017, 08:42am
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
I won't even ask you to explain all the other garbage you have written above, but I feel there would be general interest in why the old buggers should not be allowed to retire in the sun, if they so choose, after a lifetime of working and saving. Do you spend all your holidays in Saltcoats now? Your whole personality reeks of envy and resentment of others, whereas I have no disdain of pensioners who opt to stay at home, many of whom are relations and friends. Unfortunately, the choice of moving may soon become impossible except for the über-rich, i.e. Tory voters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 14th May 2017, 09:38am
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder

Garbage, LMAO. every other non EU country get to prevent criminals coming to their shores. Here we have to accept all the garbage from other states just to appease those who want to use those same rules to lie in the Sun in their old age and the wimpering snowflakes whose delusions of the world are like a coke advert.
You come to this thread to derail, I post I want to reduce numbers by restricting criminals and you say that I'm implying all EU citizens are criminals...
You have no disdain for pensioners who stay at home, really, even the ones who vote differently to you? Easy to check back all your posts to see thats not true.

The EU's freedom of movement is a mess that they refuse to clean up, people like you will not have a bad word to say about it because you benefit from it, who cares if all sorts get to move where they want inflicting misery on the host nation, as long as you are doing all right in the sun its a great policy..You are a bloody Tory, you just dont accept it.

LMAO, thinking you're a angry internet bully who's likely a timid wee curtain twitcher in person means I'm full of envy and resentment? biggrin.gif

Once the UK is out of the EU and other countries want to allow pensioners to retire if they have the funds and health insurance then good luck to them

Good job on confusing holidaying with migration, they are not the same thing.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Dec 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.