Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

165 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Scotland Accept 10000 Migrants, The immigration crisis into Europe
serabash
post 4th Sep 2015, 10:15am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
two wrongs don't make a right. compassion, humanity, for all human beings in need. austerity is a lie there is no need for any child to go without. in glasgow or anywhere. but yes shame on us all for allowing this to happen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
taurus
post 4th Sep 2015, 12:11pm
Post #17

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
Tonight on the news we watched the horrifying pictures of the family who were ejected from the train and the woman threw herself down on the train tracks with the very small baby screaming in her arms.I thought my heart would break looking at that baby getting flung around by the father pulling at the mother. In the very same news here`s Cate Blanchette ,the Hollywood star just sold her house in Sydney for 20 million dollars,10 million more than she paid for it.The world is ill divided,always was,always will be.

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Sep 2015, 01:04pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
I too saw that on yesterday's news , " The train to Nowhere " some how I at that time , thought " Shades of Auschwitz ", what next , I wonder !

I do however think that it is time for those who disagree with what is happening to those refugees to stand up and be counted , and to tell their respective governments to stop passing the buck. ,

There must be a solution to deal with this horror now and waiting till Isil or any other extremist is defeated is at this time anotherpipedream , so deal with the situation as it exists now and then further problems as they occur .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
serabash
post 4th Sep 2015, 01:26pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-theresa-may...leeing-from-war

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Sep 2015, 01:52pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (serabash @ 4th Sep 2015, 12:34pm) *

my Laptop is telling me that it cannot find the page , but I do hope
that it gets thousand of signatories .

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 4th Sep 2015, 01:57pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (angel @ 4th Sep 2015, 03:12pm) *
tell their respective governments
to stop passing the buck. ,
There must be a solution to deal with this horror now
and waiting till Isil or any other extremist is defeated
is at this time another pipedream

There's no rule says a politician has to be intelligent, a wee bit more devious than the average voter is normally good enough.

They don't know what to do that's the problem.

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Sep 2015, 02:12pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 4th Sep 2015, 02:05pm) *
There's no rule says a politician has to be intelligent, a wee bit more devious than the average voter is normally good enough.

They don't know what to do that's the problem.

I think politician's know what should be done but then , that would be political suicide for their party .

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Doug1
post 4th Sep 2015, 05:44pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 3rd Sep 2015, 07:03pm) *
It wont be 1000 though, there are millions who want to live in the 'West' and once the 1,000 arrive there will be another and another and so on. Where is the line drawn, at 10, 20, 30 or maybe 100,000 because that number is not unrealistic when you see the numbers flooding over the open borders of Europe. The more this happens then the more that will attempt the journey and the more deaths that will occur in the process.
Scotsmen also makes the point about where they'll put them, we already have a shortage of suitable social housing so are people already on the housing list to be told 'sorry but you're the wrong nationality'? What about the schools in the area, can they cope with xx kids who dont speak english being dumped in a classroom, i would say no..
Something has to be done but that something is not allowing illegal migrants to wander around Europe. The countries who are at the frontline cant cope so they should get the funds from other EU members to deal with it. We have a foreign aid budget numbering in the £billions, divert a % of that to help those countries set up camps to house, clothe and feed the people until the world sits down and sorts out ISIS. They're getting arms and backing from somewhere so the world/UN finds out who and deals with them, no VETOS, no dodgy deals`it gets sorted once and for all.

I do think we should help out but I agree with the gist of your post. Recent reports quote potentially millions of asylum seekers from the middle east and Africa could want to come to Europe.

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well

+Quote Post
Doug1
post 4th Sep 2015, 05:55pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
With the appalling humanitarian crisis of the asylum seekers what about all the other non European countries nearby who could help out. Where is the hand of friendship from Saudi Arabia, all the Emirate states, Iran, India, Pakistan etc. all states with an Islamic culture. This is a global crisis and even countries much further afield could surely offer sanctuary. This crisis which could go on for many years and involve millions of people cannot be dealt with just by Europe.

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Sep 2015, 06:15pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Cameron has said the UK will take more Syrian refugees but only from refugee camps, not those illegal migrants sticking two fingers up to the rules and laws and marching across Europe. These people aren't doing what they should do and be processed in places like Greece, Hungary or Italy, they are not fleeing but running to their preferred destination.

Attached Image

They are on their way to the promised land, and there will be many many more like it. They have no care for borders or laws and it seems theres not much that will stop them. Scenes like this aren't a tragedy, its the first wave of an invasion force and if allowed will continue.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Sep 2015, 06:30pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Doug1 @ 4th Sep 2015, 06:03pm) *
With the appalling humanitarian crisis of the asylum seekers what about all the other non European countries nearby who could help out. Where is the hand of friendship from Saudi Arabia, all the Emirate states, Iran, India, Pakistan etc. all states with an Islamic culture. This is a global crisis and even countries much further afield could surely offer sanctuary. This crisis which could go on for many years and involve millions of people cannot be dealt with just by Europe.

The troubles in Iraq/Syria is a sunni vs shiite and everyone else thing. Assads regime is alawhite, a branch of Shiite, Iraq is majority Shiite and Isis is sunni. Isis is being funded/supported by some big Sunni players in the ME and who have we been squaring up to, Iran ??? Why??? Here we have a powerful nation that could have proven a valuable partner in taking on AQ and Isis (Hezbollah is backed by them and is fighting in Syria) but we've spent years on sanctions and making them enemies because of bloody politics..
I bet that powers that be know exactly who backs Isis but wont do anything about it. The UN security council is a pissing club and its time the safe seats and veto are chucked oot the window. Lets have people on it who haven't any vested interests and then we might actually see progress in the ME.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Sep 2015, 06:37pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Melody @ 4th Sep 2015, 06:49am) *
What have we come to?

As tragic as that is doing what some people are suggesting and allowing anyone to come to the EU will only make things worse and tragedies all the more frequent. The solution isn't to allow more into the EU, the solution is to help solve the problems where they are escaping from.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 4th Sep 2015, 07:24pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Video doing the rounds showing the migrants in Hungary refusing food and water and even chucking it on the tracks....
Later reports on BBC saying migrants are starving.. censored.png

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=344_1441354394

Other video showing man dragging wife onto tracks, news edited version just show the cops trying to get the wife off

The EU is being played for mugs and the people are falling for it...

I would've shot that %&$^&^£&£^

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
flam
post 4th Sep 2015, 07:35pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Although I would welcome 5000 of the Syrian Migrants to Scotland the problem is once they are settled here, I would not want them to start the usual Islamic/Muslim rights problem, criticising the Scottish Government.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 4th Sep 2015, 08:02pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (flam @ 4th Sep 2015, 08:43pm) *
Although I would welcome 5000 of the Syrian Migrants to Scotland the problem is once they are settled here, I would not want them to start the usual Islamic/Muslim rights problem, criticising the Scottish Government

In other words flam - we're damned if we do, and we are damned if we don't, by that I mean the UK as a whole.

--------------------
Silence is a true friend who never betrays.

Confucius - Chinese Philosopher - [551bc-479bc]

+Quote Post

165 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Jan 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.