Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> St Kentigerns Cemetery, Saddened by the state of the place
mlconnelly
post 8th Apr 2014, 07:55am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,809
Welcome to the boards Maggie. There are 2 ways of finding out where your family are buried. Do you live in or near Glasgow? If you do, the best place to start is the Mitchell Library and go to Family History which has just moved to, I think, the 5th floor, where they keep microfilm records of Lambhill Cemetery and its free to search. The other option is to write to the Cemeteries and Cremetoria, 20 Trongate, Glasgow. They do charge a fee for the service which was 62 a few years ago so that has probably gone up since. If you need any help, let me know and I'll try to help. Mary
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
**cathy52**
post 8th Apr 2014, 07:01pm
Post #17

Hi mary, good luck for tomorrow , please let us know how you get on. thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 8th Apr 2014, 08:39pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Thanks Cathy but I have a feel this will be an exercise in palming me off. Good job I'm not that easy to palm off, rolleyes.gif. Apparently Possil Loch across the road is not only a nature reserve but is also a site of special scientific importance due to the reed beds in the area, so it makes it difficult to run any drainage channels off in that direction. Keeping everything crossed though. Mary

+Quote Post
**cathy52**
post 10th Apr 2014, 08:07pm
Post #19

Hi mary how did you get on.

+Quote Post
cathy52
post 24th May 2014, 07:48pm
Post #20

Super Resident
Member No.: 11,625
Well still no change at lambhill cemetery anothet email ithink.

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 25th May 2014, 09:34am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Cathy. I was jus thinking the same thing. I think its time to request a breakdown of what monies have been spent in the last few years and also what will be available in the future. I think I will also be asking how many complaints have been made. Given the amount of money that has been spent on the CW games, I would be curious to know how much of the proposed income from said games could or will be used in basic maintenance not just in the city cemeteries but in general. As I told you the guy I'm dealing with is David MacColl and his direct email is David.MacColl@galsgaow.gov.uk. Again, I would ask if all GG members who have family buried there would also put complaints forward, either written or phone, and also ask their friends and other family members to do the same. Mary mad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
cathy52
post 28th May 2014, 02:17pm
Post #22

Super Resident
Member No.: 11,625
hi mary going back to lambhill on sunday and if nothing has been done i will get in contact again, i think they hope that people who complain will just go away. sad.gif

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 8th May 2016, 08:43pm
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Just quick update about St Kentigerns. There are majors works going on just now as regards the drainage in the cemetery along with repairs to the wall at Balmore Rd. The old main gate has also been removed which is a shame but the gate at Lambhill has been kept. A few of the fallen headstones have been taken away too. The grass is still sodden and there is still loads to do but at least its a start. Mary

+Quote Post
**maria**
post 15th Apr 2017, 11:58pm
Post #24

hi just to say they have done a lot of drainage works on balmore road, next to this graveyard and so far it looks to have worked and the area seams to be a lot more accessible for people to walk along that section.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Jan 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.