Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peter Keenan,jackie Paterson, Partick Thistle
Rating 5 V
Agnes & Robert
post 29th Dec 2008, 08:42pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
HERE IS THE OTHER PHOTO LOST A BUNCH OF BUTTONS

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD1
post 18th Mar 2009, 08:14pm
Post #2

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,670
Peter Keenan used to have a Bakery in Maryhill. I lived on Stratford street and would see him wae his bunett on going to work each day.

Jimmy D

+Quote Post
big tommy
post 18th Mar 2009, 08:25pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
i remember jackie Paterson fighting at Shawfield Although I cant remeber who he fought Any help appreciated here .

My mate ,who was a boxing afficianado took me ,and while he was making himself comfortable ,the fight was all over .Jackie Paterson had knocked out his opponent within a minute .

So I saw all the fight while my mate saw none of it.

Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best

+Quote Post
Agnes & Robert
post 19th Mar 2009, 01:08am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
QUOTE (big tommy @ 18th Mar 2009, 08:12pm) *
i remember jackie Paterson fighting at Shawfield Although I cant remeber who he fought Any help appreciated here .

My mate ,who was a boxing afficianado took me ,and while he was making himself comfortable ,the fight was all over .Jackie Paterson had knocked out his opponent within a minute .

So I saw all the fight while my mate saw none of it.

TommyHi Big Tommy,you gave your age away, I knew that you had to be around the same age as me, firstly it was me that sent the photo to the boards, the chap standing behind Peter Keenan was my mate, the fight that your mate missed could have been ,when he fought Peter Kane at Hampden Park, 1943 he knocked Peter down twice in the first round, Peter didn't answer the second time he got knocked down this was the first minute of the first round, he used to have a shop in Partick then he went to South Africa, we know what happened to him there, that fight with Peter Kane was a titlle fight, i
I bet your mate is still kicking himself.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.