Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

223 Pages V  « < 218 219 220 221 222 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
JAGZ1876
post 6th Dec 2017, 10:58pm
Post #3286

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 6th Dec 2017, 10:46pm) *
I have worked in Westminster. I know from experience that any promises made to the SNP, were made in “Yes Minister” language.

Danny Harris

So the people of Scotland are treated as a joke?

Let's be honest, we all knew it. yes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Dec 2017, 11:37pm
Post #3287

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Dec 2017, 10:21pm) *
No John, you said "Treat others the way they treat you" then you went on to say "People like that I tell to f right off"

So i asked the question "You must have a hard life John, do people tell you " to f right off" often?"

If you treat them the way they treat you then they must tell you to F right off then?

Yes Jagz i do treat others like that who take the xxxx, i associate with people who are not like that and the example i gave explains that but hey ho you cant follow posts, even when its a simple one about tram simulators
I don't defend my party when it's indefensible at all, i have disagree with the SNP regularly, unlike you and Brexit.

You continue to defend and make excuses for them even when they, and you are in the wrong.If you have criticised them then i have yet to see it.
"suggest to me and everyone else". is speaking for everyone else and keeping going on about barbed wire and machine guns isn't going to change that.

That is not speaking for them jagz, that is telling you that your proof was not proof of your previous statement and as it is an open forum then anyone with an ounce of intelligence would see that. Simple fact of it you ballsed up with your wee statement and as per usual you're trying to talk your way out of it. Just put up your hands and admit that we were not told there would be barbed wire, watchtowers and men with machine guns on the border.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Dec 2017, 11:40pm
Post #3288

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Dec 2017, 10:58pm) *

You might want to read Dannys post instead of just editing it to suit your agenda. He was talking about the promises, if any, from Spanish officials so it would be Spain treating the SNP (not Scotland) as a joke.

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 6th Dec 2017, 11:55pm
Post #3289

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 6th Dec 2017, 10:33pm) *
Bilbo, the heading in your post consists of one word, DEMOCRACY.

Looking at that picture it looks like someone is confusing a referendum for the common people and the votes carried out amongst the elite in the council of European union for treaties.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Dec 2017, 08:38am
Post #3290

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Attached Image

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Dec 2017, 10:49am
Post #3291

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Dec 2017, 10:58pm) *

Jagz, are you losing the plot? When did the SNP become the people of Scotland?

What I am telling you from personal experience, is that the present Spanish government is playing on the naivety, and inexperience of the SNP leadership. Trust me, I have been on courses to learn how politics work.

Trump and Boris Johnston are perfect examples of people who go out on a limb, thinking they are smarter than the diplomatic system. Unfortunately for many people throughout the world, it will be them and not those two, who will pay the price for the behaviour of those two Mavericks.

In closing, Jagz, please don’t respond to my posts by putting a different meaning from what I have written. Stick to the Issue. Don’t go down the same road as Bilbo. By all means, if you disagree with anything I post, say so. I welcome that. But please don’t answer with a jibe. That is playground level.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 7th Dec 2017, 12:06pm
Post #3292

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 7th Dec 2017, 10:49am) *
By all means, if you disagree with anything I post, say so. I welcome that. But please don’t answer with a jibe. That is playground level.

Danny

"Playground level"?

You mean like telling people that disagree with you that you live in the real world? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Dec 2017, 01:47pm
Post #3293

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Dec 2017, 01:06pm) *
"Playground level"?

You mean like telling people that disagree with you that you live in the real world? unsure.gif

Or calling them liars and cowards, eh? Not once, but repeatedly! angry.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Dec 2017, 05:43pm
Post #3294

Mega City Key Holder

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Dec 2017, 06:15pm
Post #3295

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Dec 2017, 07:06pm
Post #3296

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 7th Dec 2017, 01:47pm) *
Or calling them liars and cowards, eh? Not once, but repeatedly! angry.gif

Bilbo you are a coward because you have never posted anything but endless rants from sources from alll over the place. You have yet to post any rational argument expressing your own views. You are like a wee schoolboy who hides behind the school bully, egging him on do to tasks that you are too scared to do on your own. So when you come on to this forum, you are like a modern Social Media bully, calling people who have different views from you, all sorts of nasty things, knowing there is nothing they can do about it.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Dec 2017, 07:25pm
Post #3297

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th Dec 2017, 12:06pm) *
"Playground level"?

Jagz, compared to the abuse you and your pal Bilbo have given to others on this forum, I do not consider my comment to you to be playground level, compared to you and Bilbo, using your childish ploy of referring to anyone who disagrees with you as being, loyalists, royalists etc. Just take my comment to you, in the context it was given. A one off relevant to the post you made.

It is time you and Bilbo realised a forum is supposed to be a platform for debate. It is not meant to be a means where you and your pal Bilbo have the right to ridicule anyone who has different opinions from you.

It is also time that Bilbo realised that there are only about six people who are regular contributors to this forum. His constant posting of other people’s propaganda, has turned this forum into a joke.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Dec 2017, 07:47pm
Post #3298

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 7th Dec 2017, 05:43pm) *

Attached Image

Bilbo, I notice that once again, you have contributed nothing. So I will ask you one question. If things are so bad in the UK, what is the point of staying in the EU?

I thought, according to you, that we would be worse off leaving the EU.

By the way, wait until you are a few years older. Guess where you will be coming back to to spend your
final years. Yes, the horrible UK. If you reach 80, you will then realise what I am getting at. The health problems that come with age, creep up. I hope you have a Care Plan fixed out in the wonderful EU that you live in just now. Just in case you find coming back to live in a non EU country, is abhorrent to you.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 7th Dec 2017, 08:53pm
Post #3299

Mega City Key Holder
Martin Schulz is no nobody, up until earlier this year he was the President of the European Parliament
'United States of Europe by 2025': German SPD leader names his price for joining Merkel coalition

The man who could be Germany’s vice-chancellor within weeks on Thursday called for the European Union to transform itself into a “United States of Europe”.

Martin Schulz, the leader of the German Social Democratic Party (SPD), called for a new federal constitution for the EU by 2025.

Hours before his party voted to open talks on forming a new coalition with the beleaguered Angela Merkel, Mr Schulz made clear he would demand radical EU reform and far deeper integration than previously envisaged as his price for ending weeks of political crisis in Germany.

“I want a new constitutional treaty to establish the United States of Europe. A Europe that is no threat to its member states, but a beneficial addition,” he said in a speech to his party conference.

Under Mr Schulz’s proposals, Brussels would be given power over individual member states’ foreign and domestic policy, as well as taxes.

Countries who refuse to sign up to a new federal Europe should automatically lose their EU membership, he said.

A deal with Mr Schulz’s party is Mrs Merkel’s last chance to prevent new elections after coalition negotiations with smaller parties broke down last month.
Urging delegates to vote in favour of talks with Mrs Merkel’s Christian Democrats (CDU), Mr Schulz said he would make a “complete turnaround in Germany’s European policy” a central condition of any deal.

But Mrs Merkel lost no time in rejecting Mr Schulz’s proposals for a federal Europe, ruling them out before delegates had even finished voting.

“I believe the ability to act now is the priority, not setting long-term goals,” she said.

More cooperation between EU members was more important than drawing up new constitutions and taking powers from member states, she argued.

“We have to be economically strong, we need to work better together in the field of defence. We must pursue a common foreign policy, a common development policy, to be taken seriously as a continent or as a European Union.

“That’s why my goal for 2025 is better cooperation on defence and these other issues.”

The threat of new German elections receded after the SPD on Thursday voted in favour of “open-ended talks” with Mrs Merkel’s party.

Negotiations are not expected to begin until January, and the options of a new coalition and the SPD supporting a Merkel-led minority government both remain on the table.

Mr Schulz’s speech marked a dramatic attempt to seize back the initiative after he was forced to back down over his earlier refusal to open talks with Mrs Merkel by a rebellion in his parliamentary party.

A former president of the European parliament and committed federalist, he appears to have seized on Europe as a new central cause for the SPD after it suffered its worst ever election result in September.

His proposals are a bid to put himself and Germany alongside France’s Emmanuel Macron as standard-bearers for a Europe of ever closer union.

It is a move that will pit France and Germany against central European countries. While the EU maintains a united front over Brexit, there are deep divisions between east and west over the handling of the migration crisis and the state of the rule of law and democracy in Hungary and Poland.

Mr Schulz acknowledged as much in his speech, accusing Poland of “systematically undermining European values”, and saying Hungary was “increasingly isolating itself”.

Once drafted, a new federal constitution would be “presented to the member states, and those countries who are against it will simply leave the EU,” he said — remarks clearly aimed at the reluctant central Europeans.

The EU’s uneasy relationship with Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic sunk to a new low on Thursday as Brussels said it would take them to the European Court of Justice (ECJ) for refusing to accept the bloc’s imposed quotas of migrants.

EU countries agreed to redistribute 120,000 asylum-seekers from Italy and Greece in 2015. The three countries, outvoted over the compulsory law, now face huge, daily fines unless they take their share.

“There can be no free riders in serious crises,” said Frans Timmermans, European Commission Vice-President. “We must be able to depend on every single member state.”

“It is an infringement of our sovereignty that we should not be allowed to decide whom we are going to live with,” Peter Szijjarto, the Hungarian foreign minister said.

“Nothing has changed, our position remains the same. We do not agree with the relocation decisions”, Witold Waszczykowski, the Polish foreign minister said.

Hungary was also hit with a separate EU lawsuit on Thursday over a higher education law that could close a university founded by George Soros, while Poland has been at loggerheads with Brussels over EU concerns over reforms to its judicial system.

The future of Poland's Prime Minister, Beata Szydlo, hung in the balance Thursday as top political leaders considered a government reshuffle that could see her replaced.

Jaroslaw Kaczynski, who in outlandish fashion has accused European Council President Donald Tusk of plotting the murder of his twin brother, leads the ruling Law and Justice Party and is thought to advocate the change.

Were Kaczynski, a former prime minister, to put himself or a similarly Eurosceptic candidate forward, relations with Brussels would likely worsen.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Dec 2017, 12:01pm
Post #3300

Mega City Key Holder
Now that the UK has conceded everything including free movement, the thing most Brexiters voted Leave for where will Ms Davidson hide now till the heat dies down? unsure.gif

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland...-deal-zvdp26fz2

+Quote Post

223 Pages V  « < 218 219 220 221 222 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th Dec 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.