Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did You Live In Easterhouse 1960's, Auchinlea Road 1960's
**crissyb**
post 19th Oct 2016, 04:45pm
Post #16

that is a long time after my family left Glasgow,but thanks for the reply.Do you still live in easterhouse Liz what's it like would love to see it again have so many fond memories of growing up there x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnmck
post 22nd Feb 2017, 11:07pm
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 38,854
Hi to chrissyb and lizcar. My name is john mckinnon, and I lived at 28 Auchinlea road, from the 50's to the early 70's on the corner of the square, ground floor on the way up the hill. My mum and dad, matt and margaret lived there with me, my brother Alex and sistors Carol, Irene and Susan. Above us was the philips, daughters helen and kathleen and son alan. Above them the mcdonalds. In the next close at 30, going up the hill, ground floor was the gows and the jacksons. Mr Jackson was the commy candidate during elections, cant remember his daughters name, I think it was tanya. Wully gow and his sistor sandra. Above them was sammy mckennas family, and more mcdonalds. At 32 was davy rankin, middle flat, eddie and peter gibson, also middle flat, and above them was the percy's, john and andrew. Everybody was always fighting if I remember right, the strangs, the cotters, the langs, scanlon, etc, it seemed to be the way of life at the time. Great times and a great way to learn life.

+Quote Post
lizcar
post 23rd Feb 2017, 11:26am
Post #18

Settling In
Member No.: 18,205
hi crissyb and johnmck

No Crissyi dont live in Easterhouse anymore. Moved away around 1975.My parents stayed there until late 1980's then moved to Baillieston. Its changed alot now, loads of back and front doors

John I only knew the Phillips slightly, their son Alan worked in National Tyre Service alongside me - dont know what happened to them all and relatives the Harpers lived in the square late 1980's until around 2000.
usually the fights in our part of Easterhouse were over weans biggrin.gif
thanks for the replies folks thumbup.gif

--------------------
[color="#800080"][/color][size="5"][/size] Liz

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.