Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Tram Project, About a tramway simulator I have built
rjhowie
post 2nd Dec 2017, 06:21am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,960
I have had an Australian railway simulator for years and equally years ago thought I would build the old Glasgow tramway just for the west of the city where I have always lived but over three years off and on did the whole blessed system! It is apparently the largest tram sim done on what had been a real one. I walked every former route and traced every ex-terminus. I was also helped by seeing a really giant line sketch of the whole thing at the Annual Scottish Model Rail Show at the SECC. Could only use objects and buildings people on the Trainz system buld but did not stop me. A fan from down south buil the Standard, Kilmarnock Bogie, Single-decker, Coronation and Cunarder. I actually got to travel on the single-decker that used to be based in Partick Tram Depot. When young thought I wa seeing things when a single came out the depot and on reaching the triangular junction at Dumbarton road swung west with Clydebank on the scree, Seems was an extra for the busy workers time with people coming out the shipyards so the next day went to Partick at the same time and took it to Whiteinch!

Here is my website and when I upload it to the NV3 Trainz website people who have the sim can download and drive trams and or programme them to run and so on. I have a show for the West-Central-North-East-Southeast-South and Southwest. It is massive........

www.glasgowtramsim.moonfruit.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Dec 2017, 11:45am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (rjhowie @ 2nd Dec 2017, 06:21am) *
I have had an Australian railway simulator for years and equally years ago thought I would build the old Glasgow tramway just for the west of the city where I have always lived but over three years off and on did the whole blessed system! It is apparently the largest tram sim done on what had been a real one. I walked every former route and traced every ex-terminus. I was also helped by seeing a really giant line sketch of the whole thing at the Annual Scottish Model Rail Show at the SECC. Could only use objects and buildings people on the Trainz system buld but did not stop me. A fan from down south buil the Standard, Kilmarnock Bogie, Single-decker, Coronation and Cunarder. I actually got to travel on the single-decker that used to be based in Partick Tram Depot. When young thought I wa seeing things when a single came out the depot and on reaching the triangular junction at Dumbarton road swung west with Clydebank on the scree, Seems was an extra for the busy workers time with people coming out the shipyards so the next day went to Partick at the same time and took it to Whiteinch!

Here is my website and when I upload it to the NV3 Trainz website people who have the sim can download and drive trams and or programme them to run and so on. I have a show for the West-Central-North-East-Southeast-South and Southwest. It is massive........

www.glasgowtramsim.moonfruit.com

Very interesting rj, some of the images are blurry and can you give me the link to actually see them running?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 2nd Dec 2017, 08:21pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Very interesting rj, some of the images are blurry and can you give me the link to actually see them running?

It is a modification(aka mod) of a simulator, you would need this and apply the mod, when its released, to see it running

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Dec 2017, 12:05pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Dec 2017, 08:21pm) *
It is a modification(aka mod) of a simulator, you would need this and apply the mod, when its released, to see it running

I thought they were on an actual site.

Thanks anyway John.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.