Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Local Elections 2017, Tories in Ferguslie Park
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 07:31am
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th May 2017, 05:55am) *
Don't you mean that Nicola wasn't going to wait until john.mcn was ready? She'd be an auld wummin! tongue.gif

Wee Nic is younger than me but your point seems to be that 'we' should drive aff a cliff to appease those old yins who want to see Indy before they die and leave the bill to the rest of us.
P.S. I see you completely failed to understand my previous post. wacko.gif

You're right bilbo I didn't understand your point, the human race has progressed past the rather simple use of hieroglyphics as a language so posting a emoticon after quoting part of my post doesn't really say anything to me. I do find it quite funny though that someone who berates others for their use of the written word cant seem to find words to write himself.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 10th May 2017, 10:24am
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th May 2017, 09:00pm) *
So Jagz there you have it, the tories have risen in numbers this year because more people have voted for them. In future you might want to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself

They took votes off Labour and still ended up third in a three horse race.

There's no point in me telling you to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself, as you never do.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 10th May 2017, 12:50pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
My point was that , seemingly, we all have to wait for independence until we have your all-clear that every single policy of the SNP meets with your approval. That would constitute a tall order in anybody's book. Whether Nicola is younger or older than you does not affect the fact that she would be an old woman, before her ideas coincide exactly with yours, heaven forbid!

BTW a picture can paint a thousand words. Maybe you should try it, as you are showing signs of mental fatigue.

The only plus from your epistles is that we now know that your age falls between Nicola's and Jagz's. Unsure of how this should affect your therapy.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 10th May 2017, 06:26pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th May 2017, 01:50pm) *
The only plus from your epistles is that we now know that your age falls between Nicola's and Jagz's. Unsure of how this should affect your therapy.

The FM is 47 this year so he's not as young as he had me believing. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 06:41pm
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th May 2017, 10:24am) *
They took votes off Labour and still ended up third in a three horse race.

There's no point in me telling you to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself, as you never do.

How do you know they took votes off Labour, previous SNP voters could have switched to the Tories and Labour switched to the SNP. To suggest, as you do, that Labour voters go to the Tories then that means that the SNP has grown as much as it can and reached it's peak. If you checked the 2012 election results you would see that the SNP's figures went up while the Libdems and Tories went down so its quite feasible to suggest that the SNP took votes from Tory voters then but they reverted to the Tories in 2017

Jagz the only one in our debates who makes a fool of themselves is you. You claim this, that and the other but cant back it up with evidence. You claim GERS is good one year, then its all made up two years later when the oil price tanks. Yesterday though you go full retard though and state the Tories aren't on the rise and rather stupidly throw the gauntlet down and want to bet £50 on it. Maybe in yer nut that sounded hard and you thought I would wimper away but in reality I laughed my ass off getting strange looks from my wife in the process. Now if you took your nose out of the SNP's 'how to avoid difficult questions' handbook and actually checked the figures(as I did) you would have seen that the Tories almost tripled their vote from 2012, now I'm no maths guru but over 10,000 votes is far more than less than 4,000 so the Tories have increased their vote.
Now while I didn't take your rather pathetic attempt to shut me up you did say you would donate to charity and I think you should still do so. Dont worry I wont think any less of you if you dont.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 06:55pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 10th May 2017, 12:50pm) *
My point was that , seemingly, we all have to wait for independence until we have your all-clear that every single policy of the SNP meets with your approval. That would constitute a tall order in anybody's book. Whether Nicola is younger or older than you does not affect the fact that she would be an old woman, before her ideas coincide exactly with yours, heaven forbid!

BTW a picture can paint a thousand words. Maybe you should try it, as you are showing signs of mental fatigue.

WOW is it any wonder I didn't understand your point when you say thats what you meant when you posted that single emoticon . I mean the Ancient Egyptians used symbols for their written language but I thought it was one symbol per word. Even the Chinese language with its intricate lines and curves that represent phrases cannot match your representation where one emoticon is equal to a paragraph.. We lowly humans really are inferior to your intellect, you were wasted as an accountant, NASA should be headhunting you to decipher Alien artifacts rolleyes.gif

BTW to answer you, there is no 'we' involving you, whether you like hearing/seeing it or not you did emigrate so the direction that Scotland chooses will have nothing to do with you nor will you be involved.
As for the rest of your 'point', well no shit sherlock, Independence will have to wait until the voting public do agree with the SNP's policy, that is called democracy and not the type you seem to talk about on here.
BTW I nor others I know are not waiting for what will never come from Wee Nic but we are still waiting for decent answers to questions put forward in 2014 that have yet to be answered. ohh and while you're in the typing mood can you answer the questions I've put to you on other threads, mainly how would the SNP's plan of being in the EU and UK while the rUK is out of the EU actually work?

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 07:00pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 10th May 2017, 06:26pm) *
The FM is 47 this year so he's not as young as he had me believing. laugh.gif

Well Jagz you do seem to believe any old BS you hear dont ya!

BTW I didn't imply or allude to anything, you are retired so must be at least 65. I am younger and have said so, if you took that as somehow meaning I was young even though I have said I supported the SNP for over 30 years then you must be using Alex Salmonds calculator

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 10th May 2017, 07:14pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

I mean that sincerely, folks! laugh.gif

Dementia has taken on a new dimension. Scary!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 07:28pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder

I take it you wont, or cant answer the questions then.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 10th May 2017, 10:13pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 09:28pm) *
I take it you wont, or cant answer the questions then.

Take it any way you want, with or without apostrophes, John Boy. You always do! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 10th May 2017, 11:58pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder

It's very simple, you cannot answer because despite you claims of superiority and obsession with small things (no pun intended, honest) you just aren't very smart.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th May 2017, 01:19am
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Blood pressure old boy, blood pressure. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th May 2017, 01:21am
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 08:00pm) *
Well Jagz you do seem to believe any old BS you hear dont ya!

Not when it comes from you though. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 11th May 2017, 06:56pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder

Really Jagz, look at your previous post where you state this or that and see how they stood up against facts. Look at your most recent 'gaff', the Tories aren't on the rise in North Ayrshire, well a simple look at the voting figures would show that they have risen and even beat the SNP in some wards but you opted to just make a fool of yourself by saying they weren't. Hows that donation to charity coming along then?

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 11th May 2017, 09:16pm
Post #45

My aunt was first to move into "Feegie Park" when it was completed partially to move inhabitants of the slums surrounding the old Paisley Gas works to what were to become future slums. I will not enter into the demographic here ( the usual political "savants" pontificating aside.) save to say that the idea of any denizen of "Feegi" voting tory, except by accident is ludicrous. And before my bona fides are again questioned as to why I should be commenting on the social and political mores of my motherland, I used to run with the "Feegi Boays".

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.