Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Local Elections 2017, Tories in Ferguslie Park
JAGZ1876
post 7th May 2017, 03:29pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 6th May 2017, 04:57pm) *
Did they have a good night, they unseated Glasgow Labour and thats a scalp wee Nic would sacrifice a lot of other areas for.

But she didn't have to sacrifice any other area though.

If thats a bad night then i can't wait for another bad night in the GE. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 7th May 2017, 04:50pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 7th May 2017, 03:29pm) *
But she didn't have to sacrifice any other area though.

If thats a bad night then i can't wait for another bad night in the GE. laugh.gif

Whit??

The SNP unseated Labour in its home city so it's a win for Wee Nic, lets just forget the losses across the country. 12 new seats in Glasgow but nationwide only a rise of 6 , thats direct figures not notional ones calculated due to the boundary changes which showed a loss.
Aberdeenshire Council -8
Angus Council -6
Argyll and Bute Council -2
Dundee City Council -2
East Ayrshire Council -1
East Lothian Council -3
East Renfrewshire Council -1
Falkirk Council -1
Midlothian Council -2
Moray Council -1
North Ayrshire Council -4
Perth and Kinross Council -2
Stirling Council -1
West Lothian Council -2

Meanwhile the Tories win seats in every council area bar the Islands, thats why they are hailing it a success.
I'm sure that in 2007 when the SNP increased their seats by slightly more numbers they too were hailing it a success

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th May 2017, 10:13am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
If you're happy with a poor second place then you'll be ecstatic at the GE John. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th May 2017, 06:15pm
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder

And there you have the same pack mentality of Wee Nic, hey everythings great now wheres that fiddle. I would have thought that you would show concern that the SNP lost 4 councillors and gained 6 Tories in your own area but no, Glasgow is far more important to you and your areas sacrifice will be worth it to seize Labours jewel in the crown.

Funny thing I read about the result in your area was
'North Ayrshire’s SNP leader Marie Burns believes the Conservatives’ ‘one issue campaign’ polarised the vote in North Ayrshire.'
The Tories polarised the vote???, LMAO Wee Nic does not get to shout about Indy2 for a year then shuts up when May calls the election, the public has been polarised but it's the SNP refusing to accept the 2014 referendum thats done it.

Maybe if you broadened your viewing to outside SNP/WoS sites then you might find out that the Conservatives got more votes in the far lower turnout council elections than they did in the General Election 2 years ago. You might also see that while the SNP got the lions share of seats the Conservatives were only 7% behind them in votes.

That doesn't matter of course, to you and Wee Nic it's all those dastardly Red Tories to fault for switching 'sides', I'm sure if they switched to your side it would be no problem of course. The funny thing is that the SNP groups will be hoping to go into coalitions with these people they've been calling all sorts for over 2 years, can you blame them if they flip you the bird and work with the Tories just as the SNP did from 2007 to 2011.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 8th May 2017, 06:46pm
Post #20

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Thats not going to happen whilst the Selfie Queen is in charge, she needs the Tories to be the big bad wolves.
p.s. just to cheer you up, Pompous Robertson sees no reason why there shouldnt be a Indy3 in the 'unlikely' event they lose No2 lol

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th May 2017, 10:13pm
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 8th May 2017, 08:46pm) *
Thats not going to happen whilst the Selfie Queen is in charge, she needs the Tories to be the big bad wolves.
p.s. just to cheer you up, Pompous Robertson sees no reason why there shouldnt be a Indy3 in the 'unlikely' event they lose No2 lol

Tories as big bad wolves? Nae problem there then! I telt ye afore- oor Nicola has nae need of selfies!

Why should there not be a succession of referenda? We have a plethora of elections!

Pompous Robertson? This from a supporter of pompous, chinless wonders! Gan ya fiel gype!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th May 2017, 11:29pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 8th May 2017, 10:13pm) *
Why should there not be a succession of referenda? We have a plethora of elections!

Because the Scottish government signed the Edinburgh agreement and that the current and previous first minister are on record saying it was once in a generation or lifetime event, when pressed he explained he meant around 15 years, its not even been 3.
So it looks like pushing for this means that they go back on signed agreements between governments and that they are liars.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 9th May 2017, 07:41am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th May 2017, 01:29am) *
Because the Scottish government signed the Edinburgh agreement and that the current and previous first minister are on record saying it was once in a generation or lifetime event, when pressed he explained he meant around 15 years, its not even been 3.
So it looks like pushing for this means that they go back on signed agreements between governments and that they are liars.

Absolute bollocks! ( Sorry, Danny Boy). Do you mean to tell us that the Edinburgh Agreement contains mention of this so-called promise?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th May 2017, 10:34am
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 8th May 2017, 07:15pm) *
I would have thought that you would show concern that the SNP lost 4 councillors and gained 6 Tories in your own area but no, Glasgow is far more important to you and your areas sacrifice will be worth it to seize Labours jewel in the crown.

You clearly have no idea how the STV voting system works if you think the Tories are on the rise in North Ayrshire, as for Glasgow, get over it.

How about a £50 bet for charity if you think the Tories will beat the SNP in North Ayrshire, if you win i will donate it to the charity of Martins choice, if i win you do the same.

How about it John, put your money where your mouth is if you believe the Tories are on the rise?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th May 2017, 10:37am
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 9th May 2017, 12:29am) *

There is a difference between an individual expressing an opinion and a written agreement, as for liars, hows the vow coming along?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 9th May 2017, 06:52pm
Post #26

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 9th May 2017, 07:41am) *
Absolute bollocks! ( Sorry, Danny Boy). Do you mean to tell us that the Edinburgh Agreement contains mention of this so-called promise?

The Edinburgh agreement was signed by both governments where they agreed to abide by the result whether it was a YES or NO. By using the votes of Remainers (many of which voted NO) to push for another Ref it shows that they had no intention of ever agreeing to the agreement they signed.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 9th May 2017, 08:00pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 9th May 2017, 10:34am) *
You clearly have no idea how the STV voting system works if you think the Tories are on the rise in North Ayrshire, as for Glasgow, get over it.

How about a £50 bet for charity if you think the Tories will beat the SNP in North Ayrshire, if you win i will donate it to the charity of Martins choice, if i win you do the same.

How about it John, put your money where your mouth is if you believe the Tories are on the rise?

Ohh noes Jagz has told me to put my money where my mouth is, just as well he didn't say where his was because I dont think security would let me near Wee Nics ass laugh.gif

What next Jagz, are going to offer me a square go, pistols at dawn, or maybe handbags at noon, do i need to get some hauners biggrin.gif
No Jagz I dont bet but feel free to follow through on your suggestion and gift a charity your money, a bit confused with that though as I'm sure you were greeting about your shopping bill going up 7% not too long ago.

Nice attempt at diversion though but I did notice you avoided my points and instead tried to bring the UK election into it. I dont need any magic ball or degree in the occult to foretell the Tories rise not only in Scotland but in your own area. In 2012 the Tories managed just 3,834 votes and 1 councillor, in 2017 they increased that to 10469 votes and 7 councillors

Ward and voters first preference for the Conservative candidate below
Irvine West 1025
Irvine East 1065
Kilwinning 1224
Stevenston 573
Ardrossan and Arran 1309
Dalry and West Kilbride 1137
Kilbirnie and Beith 705
North Coast and Cumbraes 2686
Saltcoats 655
Irvine South 720

By the way the above numbers are first preference, you might notice that the seat that Wee Nics Da stood for and lost (which he then ranted aboot the yoon conspiracy) actually voted a Tory in place of the SNP pushing the other SNP candidate into 3rd place.

So Jagz there you have it, the tories have risen in numbers this year because more people have voted for them. In future you might want to check before blabbing and making a fool of yourself

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 9th May 2017, 10:37am) *
There is a difference between an individual expressing an opinion and a written agreement, as for liars, hows the vow coming along?

So when the first minister says something like 'We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum' it's just an opinion and actually means bugger all .. Glad you agree jagz as I've been saying that all along laugh.gif

The vow was a pledge and from that came the Smith commission. The SNP as you know was involved in a debate where they and the others came to agreement as to what power transfers were to come from Westminster to Holyrood. The SNP voted for this in Holyrood and more importantly, the new 56 SNP MP's voted for the agreed transfer in the Scotland act 2016 so I guess that the SNP themselves think the vow (or was it an opinion ) was fullfilled. BTW tha was a bit of a pathetic responce as I think there should be more powers devolved and that the SNP has missed a big massive chance to lobby for more after Brexit due to their blinkered view of Indy at any cost.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 9th May 2017, 09:54pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
"no intention of ever agreeing to the agreement they signed." wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 9th May 2017, 11:46pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Well Bilbo given that they're using the feeble excuse of the remain voters votes to push for another referendum I think if it wasn't this it would something else. Wee Nic wasn't going to wait till the public was ready, she didn't ask the public if they wanted one, she told us we were getting another one. She could easily just make it part of the 2017 manifesto and give us the choice by either voting for or rejecting them. Nah this isn't about that because they've already decided and Alex Salmond is sent out to tell us that this vote isnt about Indy but the right of the Scottish parliament, so if you vote against the SNP then you must be against the Scottish parliament huh.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 10th May 2017, 05:55am
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Don't you mean that Nicola wasn't going to wait until john.mcn was ready? She'd be an auld wummin! tongue.gif

P.S. I see you completely failed to understand my previous post. wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.