Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

95 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marion's Wee But An' Ben, Blethers and Stuff for Marion.
Marion Dougan
post 29th Aug 2005, 06:09pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 206
Hi guys, had my mug shot this morning, a mean ma Muga scan ha ha ha mug shots already in the post office. Thanks for all the hugs I love it

--------------------
Lang may yer Lum reek!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Melody
post 29th Aug 2005, 07:05pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Good for you Marion that's one thing over for you. smile.gif well done.

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 29th Aug 2005, 10:24pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
Good Marion, Thats one thing over with.Keep strong and positive. I think you have made the right decision. You have to get yourself well for the next meet.Boy wont we all have something to celabrate. wink.gif A can just see wee Meg cleaning up ,Betty getting that special vodka out, and Melody giving us a song.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
boots
post 30th Aug 2005, 07:57am
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,524
Hi Marion, I'm just droping in to wishyou well and to see your wee B&B. Great idea Bunty and Melody had, a nice cosy wee place to relax with friends. Lizzieloos group hug represents all of us and if w're not in your B&B, just remember we're still sending positive vibes your way.

psYes do keep your pecker up. My understanding is the pecker is the nose and it's a way of saying Hod your head highnd keep your spirits up

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 30th Aug 2005, 09:40am
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
not if you were an ann summers party rep like a use to be laugh.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
tammy
post 30th Aug 2005, 03:22pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,054
Hi Marion,

Just wanted to add my warm wishes to you and a speedy recovery! Hope you are doing well today. Sounds like you have a lot of support close by, that is good. And of course you have a lot of support here. How can you go wrong? Take time for "you" and let others help you out. Take good care of yourself! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 30th Aug 2005, 03:28pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Hey Boots, a just knew there had to be a good reason for ma wee mum telling us to keep our peckers up. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 30th Aug 2005, 03:42pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
marion how areyou today we are all rootin for you what do you call a no eye fish answer F S H daft aknow its the silly wans that get me awe the time laugh.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 30th Aug 2005, 05:42pm
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
Hi, Marion, yer wee but'n'ben is noo a B&B. Be sure and serve Oatcakes for breakfast - wish I could find them over here. Gemini is checking the stores where she lives.

I remember the plain loaves with the well fired black crusts. On my first visit home to check on my Mammy after my Dad died I brought one back to the States in my carry-on bag and I was so scared they would take it away from me. Remember that smell of fresh made bread?

Your party with your pals is going to be great. We will look forward to hearing all about it. Love Bunty wub.gif

+Quote Post
Marion Dougan
post 30th Aug 2005, 05:51pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 206
Hi y'all oh Bunty I could go a big ootsider oan butter right now. That's the one thing I have asked my cousin to bring over. Hope to see you with Ria here in Charlotte. I may be tired with the chemo but you are welcome, I do want to see you, if a canny make the dinner Bob will you know that, steak pie, tatties an brussel sprouts sound good, av even goat ma steak pie dish fae hame, a bought it uwer therr yrs ago. Thanks again for all good wishes

--------------------
Lang may yer Lum reek!!!

+Quote Post
jakka13
post 30th Aug 2005, 11:39pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,815
Here's another word that means something different.When I first came to Canada I lived near a shop that sold lots of stuff, household goods kids clothes,etc.The wee old man who owned it was Polish and had a very strong accent as did I .I went in one day with my wee boy for braces and he said "No braces here ,you must see dental man "!!!!! laugh.gif Keep strong Marion hugs from Jakka 13

--------------------
Auld but Still Game.

+Quote Post
lizeeloo
post 30th Aug 2005, 11:55pm
Post #42

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,209
Oh yes jakka and Marion...did you ever ask for " kirbies" or is that goin too far back intae the past.... rolleyes.gif

lizee

--------------------
lizee

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 31st Aug 2005, 01:46am
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
I asked for kirby grips and the man inthe store said I think you should try the hardware store they might have whay you are looking for I left the store laughing tae maself I didnae want them tae call for the van tae cart me aff tae the nut hoose biggrin.gif oh hi Marion I hope you feel a wee bit better noo

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 31st Aug 2005, 12:28pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
good morning Marion ,how you doing today.Getting a laugh reading all the stuff. Its like a blast from the past.When I came here I found Loblaws quite intimidating. I had never seen half the fruit and vegatables they had out on display. Hated to ask anyone what do you do with that. I look back and laugh now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
buntyq
post 31st Aug 2005, 01:43pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 15
Hi, Marion, you remember what the W.C. was - the toilet. My Dad had an old friend who was really an angel sent from God to make sure my folks were O.K. I always visited him when I would go home to check on my Mother after Dad died. I was sending something back to the States and I asked him if he had any wrapping paper in his closet. Pure bewilderment. Why would I keep that in my toilet. he asked? Also, Marion, if you remember, it wasn't easy to find paper to wrap parcels. I had to remember to take my Mother's message bag when I went to the store. How spoiled we are over here. I used to ask the clerk at Stop & Shop to paper and plastic.
Love, Bunty wub.gif

+Quote Post

95 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.