Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Global Warming
DannyH
post 10th Dec 2019, 05:22pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
I was watching the BBC news channel a few minutes ago. There was a stark warning from Nature that mankind is going to destroy the world, as we know it, because of what we are doing to the planet.

The ice in the Northern hemisphere is melting 9 times faster than it was a relatively few years ago.

Obviously if this goes on happening, low lying towns like Ayr and Troon will be underwater.

We in the Western world have become Americanised. We have become a ‘must have’ society, but we have ignored the Far East and what we have done to it. The skies in the industrial towns China and India are polluted, just like our skies were when I was younger.

Lately when I have been in department stores I have lost count of the number of products on display that were made in the Far East. I couldn’t figure out how it can be cheaper to manufacture a product in China, package it, send it across the world by ship, then onto motorised delivery vehicles and still make a profit. Then it dawned on me. The answer is POLLUTION!

Manufacturers in the West wouldn’t be allowed to have the volume of factories there are in the Far East. So we kid ourselves on that we have rules which will give us pollution free skies, but we condemn China for the pollution it creates making products which we want!

So what have we got, Wind Turbines. Pollution free. Well actually not all Wind Turbines are pollution free. According to the BBC News website, many of these installations use a gas which is widely used in the electrical industry to prevent short circuits and accidents.

The gas is 23,500 times more warming than carbon monoxide (CO2). It is known as SF6. It persists in the atmosphere, warming the Earth for at least 1000 years.

The BBC were quoting an article written by Matt McGrath, Environmental Correspondent.

The leaks of the little known gas in the UK and the rest of the EU in 2017 were equivalent to putting an EXTRA 1.3 million cars on the road.

I sincerely hope this a a hoax. If not, who can we trust.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 11th Dec 2019, 10:16am
Post #2

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Danny, I feel sure one of the gnats will be along to reassure you that our wind turbines are pollution free.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 11th Dec 2019, 07:04pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 11th Dec 2019, 10:16am) *
Danny, I feel sure one of the gnats will be along to reassure you that our wind turbines are pollution free.

I don't know anything about wind turbines or if they create pollution or not DJ, but what i do know is the planet is probably more at risk of global warming with all the hot air you Britgnats produce every time you open your mouths. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
taurus
post 11th Dec 2019, 07:37pm
Post #4

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
Going back to Glasgow a lot in the 58 years we have been away,,i have only copped a handful of days where I can say I am REALLY hot or even warm. My nephew who lives there,wryly said,all this talk of global warming,we don`t get any of it in Glasgow.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 11th Dec 2019, 09:17pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 11th Dec 2019, 07:37pm) *
Going back to Glasgow a lot in the 58 years we have been away,,i have only copped a handful of days where I can say I am REALLY hot or even warm. My nephew who lives there,wryly said,all this talk of global warming,we don`t get any of it in Glasgow.

Hello Taurus

In days gone by we could probably all have found his opinion to be funny. Unfortunately it is a serious matter. I didn’t find it to be funny.

Danny

+Quote Post
wombat
post 11th Dec 2019, 10:03pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 11th Dec 2019, 07:04pm) *
I don't know anything about wind turbines or if they create pollution or not DJ, but what i do know is the planet is probably more at risk of global warming with all the hot air you Britgnats produce every time you open your mouths. laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif yep that baked bean gas is a problem sad.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 11th Dec 2019, 10:45pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 11th Dec 2019, 10:03pm) *
:rolleyes: yep that baked bean gas is a problem :(

Hello Wombat

I expected you to treat Global Warming as a serious matter, given all the problems fighting fires, Australia has to deal with right now.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Dec 2019, 12:10am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 11th Dec 2019, 07:37pm) *

"ba-dum-Tshhh" Come on now Glasgow, put your hands together for Taurus, he's here till Sunday. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
taurus
post 12th Dec 2019, 10:30am
Post #9

Super Lord Provost
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Dec 2019, 11:10am) *
"ba-dum-Tshhh" Come on now Glasgow, put your hands together for Taurus, he's here till Sunday. laugh.gif

????

+Quote Post
taurus
post 12th Dec 2019, 10:32am
Post #10

Super Lord Provost
lighten up Danny for God`s sake,your posts are depressing.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Dec 2019, 12:22pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 12th Dec 2019, 10:30am) *
????

Did it go over your head Taurus? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 12th Dec 2019, 12:32pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 12th Dec 2019, 10:32am) *
lighten up Danny for God`s sake,your posts are depressing.

Hello Taurus

You will have no argument from me regarding your request for me to lighten up. If that is how you see me, so be it.

Regarding my posts being depressing, that is a different matter. My posts, in general, on this topic have been to write what has been reported regarding global warming. It is not me that is depressing, it is the facts about what is happening throughout the world because of global warming.

I will now give you a wee ‘parable’ illustrating human behaviour.

Yesterday afternoon I was at a small Glasgow theatre for it’s annual pantomime. The deal is you get a pie and a pint before the show starts. Actually you get a choice of what to eat and drink. You form a queue and take your snack to your seat.

So there is a large queue forming, when suddenly something unexpected happened. A gentleman near the front of the queue suddenly collapses to the floor. Paramedics arrive on the scene. Everything stops.
Glasgow banter comes to the fore. “The pie must have choked him”, “Naw, he had too much bloody beer”, etc, etc.

After about half an hour the medics give up. The man is dead. He was with the small party I was with.

So, just like at that incident, some of us can laugh while the world is dying. If Wombat and Jagz sense of humour is what you prefer rather than a serious discussion, so be it.

Danny

+Quote Post
taurus
post 12th Dec 2019, 06:40pm
Post #13

Super Lord Provost
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Dec 2019, 11:22pm) *
Did it go over your head Taurus? laugh.gif

afraid it did .I hang my head in shame if I dared to bring some levity .seems like its not allowed tongue.gif.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Dec 2019, 07:04pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (taurus @ 12th Dec 2019, 06:40pm) *
afraid it did .I hang my head in shame if I dared to bring some levity .seems like its not allowed tongue.gif.

No it's allowed, clearly my humour doesn't travel very far. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
taurus
post 12th Dec 2019, 08:28pm
Post #15

Super Lord Provost
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Dec 2019, 06:04am) *
No it's allowed, clearly my humour doesn't travel very far. laugh.gif

oh c`mon Jagz say it again,so I can get the joke,I`m dying for a laff. I`m not usually so dim,but "he`s here til Sunday" still not with it.
Anyway my contention is ,try to smile,even although things are looking grim and getting grimmer. None of us living on cloud 9,just getting on the best way possible.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Feb 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.