Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Local Elections 2017, Tories in Ferguslie Park
JAGZ1876
post 12th May 2017, 11:39am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 11th May 2017, 07:56pm) *
look at the voting figures would show that they have risen and even beat the SNP in some wards but you opted to just make a fool of yourself by saying they weren't.

Hows that donation to charity coming along then?

We'll see who's right on the 9th June.

It isn't, you bottled out of it, remember.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th May 2017, 11:42am
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 07:41pm) *
I laughed my ass off getting strange looks from my wife in the process

I thought you'd be used to that by now. yes.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 05:26pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th May 2017, 11:39am) *
We'll see who's right on the 9th June.

It isn't, you bottled out of it, remember.

What, whether the Tories have increased their votes? I believe they will, I also believe that the SNP will lose seats, I think the SNP know this too and they will concentrate their efforts in an attempt to show they have the backing of the majority(they dont). East Renfrewshire is vulnerable not only because theres a feeling she hasn't done much but also because even though the SNP property tax affected most householders here she stayed schtum, how can we have a UK politician that will not criticise a Holyrood policy when it costs some of her constituents hundreds of £'s.
The North east may switch as well, some areas there voted to leave the EU and returned conservative councillors. Previous Libdem seats may go back if they feel their SNP representative does not represent their wishes. The Border areas are Tory, it just depends on whether they get out to vote or not.
How many seats they lose is just down to how constituency borders are drawn.

By the way, believe me when I say I did not bottle it. I do not gamble simply because I have seen members of my family and workmates lives ruined though it, if you waved a whisky under the nose of a non drinker would you say they bottled it if they refused, what if a junkie offered you some smack would you be a bottler if you didn't shoot it up.. Stop being so pathetic. You threw down the gauntlet over a debate about the rise in conservatives votes in North Ayrshire, I proved that they almost tripled their votes and that the Tories got more votes across Scotland in the council elections than they did in the UK election, that in anybody elses books is a rise. You are the one trying to conflate a rise over them winning the seat, not I. I suppose that we'll just have to accept you're all 'mouth' and your 'bet' was just one other way you're trying to shut down bad news about the SNP.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 05:28pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th May 2017, 11:42am) *
I thought you'd be used to that by now. yes.gif

Laughing at your posts, well Jagz even though I've seen some comedy sketches many times I still laugh at them, you just get added to the list biggrin.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th May 2017, 06:48pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th May 2017, 07:26pm) *
What, whether the Tories have increased their votes? I believe they will, I also believe that the SNP will lose seats, I think the SNP know this too and they will concentrate their efforts in an attempt to show they have the backing of the majority(they dont). East Renfrewshire is vulnerable not only because theres a feeling she hasn't done much but also because even though the SNP property tax affected most householders here she stayed schtum, how can we have a UK politician that will not criticise a Holyrood policy when it costs some of her constituents hundreds of £'s.
The North east may switch as well, some areas there voted to leave the EU and returned conservative councillors. Previous Libdem seats may go back if they feel their SNP representative does not represent their wishes. The Border areas are Tory, it just depends on whether they get out to vote or not.
How many seats they lose is just down to how constituency borders are drawn.

By the way, believe me when I say I did not bottle it. I do not gamble simply because I have seen members of my family and workmates lives ruined though it, if you waved a whisky under the nose of a non drinker would you say they bottled it if they refused, what if a junkie offered you some smack would you be a bottler if you didn't shoot it up.. Stop being so pathetic. You threw down the gauntlet over a debate about the rise in conservatives votes in North Ayrshire, I proved that they almost tripled their votes and that the Tories got more votes across Scotland in the council elections than they did in the UK election, that in anybody elses books is a rise. You are the one trying to conflate a rise over them winning the seat, not I. I suppose that we'll just have to accept you're all 'mouth' and your 'bet' was just one other way you're trying to shut down bad news about the SNP.

Boy, the imagery gets more colourful by the day. Not quite Nobel or Pulitzer Prizes, more Spillane.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 07:16pm
Post #51

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 12th May 2017, 06:48pm) *
Boy, the imagery gets more colourful by the day. Not quite Nobel or Pulitzer Prizes, more Spillane.

Strange that you reply to posts not addressed to you but avoid the ones that do. You tried to ridicule one of my previous posts yet have still not answered the point raised in it..Here's a reminder

QUOTE (john.mcn @ 10th May 2017, 06:55pm) *
ohh and while you're in the typing mood can you answer the questions I've put to you on other threads, mainly how would the SNP's plan of being in the EU and UK while the rUK is out of the EU actually work?

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th May 2017, 10:09pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th May 2017, 09:16pm) *
Strange that you reply to posts not addressed to you but avoid the ones that do. You tried to ridicule one of my previous posts yet have still not answered the point raised in it..Here's a reminder

Quite simple. Any plan to remain in EU but outwith the UK is nonsense. I favour EU but no UK. Clear?

I think even you knew that already, but who knows with you!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 12th May 2017, 10:36pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder

That is not really an answer, you tried to ridicule my post about the SNP plan so you must have an idea how the SNPs proposals for Scotland to stay in the EU as well as the UK without all sorts of problems regarding trade across the border. Also who will pay Scotlands membership, surely you cant expect Westminster to fork out the fee when they are not in the EU so that really only leaves Scotlands tax payers to foot the bill. One other thing, how can wee Nic rant about Westminster failing Scottish fishermen when she intends to sell them out for a seat in Brussels.

I await your answers.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th May 2017, 07:46am
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 13th May 2017, 12:36am) *
That is not really an answer, you tried to ridicule my post about the SNP plan so you must have an idea how the SNPs proposals for Scotland to stay in the EU as well as the UK without all sorts of problems regarding trade across the border. Also who will pay Scotlands membership, surely you cant expect Westminster to fork out the fee when they are not in the EU so that really only leaves Scotlands tax payers to foot the bill. One other thing, how can wee Nic rant about Westminster failing Scottish fishermen when she intends to sell them out for a seat in Brussels.

I await your answers.

You are not making any sense, as usual. Scotland stays in UK and EU? Isn't that the status quo? Where's the cross border problem?

Then you go on about England paying Scotland's fee, when England is not even in the EU. I thought you were talking about the scenario where Scotland & England are together in the EU.

Oh, ma heid! High time you went to bed earlier!

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 13th May 2017, 08:54am
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
Nicola Sturgeons plan for a post Brexit Scotland was to remain part of the UK and stay in the EU/single market or whatever depending on what week it was.
I said it couldn't work and posted a BBC article which quoted David Davis, you mocked that and when pressed about how the SNP proposals would work you replied back with
Enlighten you? Talk about the Labours of Hercules! I don't mind a challenge, but hey!

That was over 2 weeks ago, despite several requests for an answer you have avoided it and instead opted to pick up on the use or misuse of apostrophes from myself (while not commenting on others doing the same). Your tactics are mock, abuse, avoid and divert in the hope no one picks up on that you do not contribute and intend only to derail

BTW I said Westminster, not England. The HoP is still our Parliament and responsibility for the EU fees while the UK is a member reside with them

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th May 2017, 09:25am
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
laugh.gif I really don't know where to begin to reply to that rant, in which you neglect to clarify your last nonsense. I don't blame you for that, mind you, as your posts become more illogical and I am wearing goggles to avoid the frothy stuff.

What is all this about Westminster paying dues to EU? Who is arguing?

What is all this about Scotland remaining in UK and EU? That's the present position, no? Wouldst that it were otherwise.

If your feeling is that of unfair discrimination regarding apostrophes, I can assure you that I regularly comment on this ignorance, and I certainly do not single you out for victimisation, as you suggest. I would be only too willing to point you in the direction of self-improvement - or you could just Google "Apostrophes- use of", if you are embarrassed about the subject.

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 13th May 2017, 09:39am
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
It is the SNP who proposed that after Brexit Scotland would remain in the EU/ EFTA/EEA while the rUK leaves. Now if Scotland was independent then it could do what it wants (or what the people allow if we got an EU ref) but this cunning plan was while it remained part of the UK.
You are the one who mocked my response to this so enlighten us (thats everyone btw) as to how the SNP's plan would work. I've already asked you several times but you keep avoiding it.
So c'mon how can Scotland remain part of the UK and EU if the UK leaves the EU and if 'we' can who pays the membership fees.

Bilbo no one gives a crap about misuse of grammar, those who continue to point it out often have 'inadequacies' elsewhere and try to compensate on internet message forums.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th May 2017, 12:32pm
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 12th May 2017, 06:26pm) *
What, whether the Tories have increased their votes? I believe they will, I also believe that the SNP will lose seats, I think the SNP know this too

By the way, believe me when I say I did not bottle it. I do not gamble

I'll be astonished if the SNP don't lose seats on the 8th June, we'll have the usual Unionist pact across the country, however the SNP will still win most seats.

Don't worry John, i don't gamble either, i only challenge people to a bet that are getting too cocky about a particular event that has little or no chance of happening.

I took your point that the Tories had raised their vote in North Ayrshire at the expense of Labour, but they'll have no chance in the forthcoming GE.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th May 2017, 05:36pm
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
"Bilbo no one gives a crap about misuse of grammar, those who continue to point it out often have 'inadequacies' elsewhere and try to compensate on internet message forums. "

My father taught me that there is no shame in being ignorant of anything, only in pride of that ignorance.

I am glad to say that you are mistaken in your view of no one's caring about grammar. Maybe it
is true in the circles in which you mix.

Oh dear, McNasty rears its ugly head once more. Perhaps you would care to regale our members with explicit details of my "inadequacies" you so fondly imagine.

As for the other matter, which has you in such a lather, to paraphrase your words, I have neither the time nor inclination to trawl through my posts to please you. I have stated my position on independence and the EU, and it is clearly nonsense that Scotland could remain in EU whilst England leaves, unless we gain independence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 13th May 2017, 06:35pm
Post #60

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th May 2017, 12:32pm) *
I'll be astonished if the SNP don't lose seats on the 8th June, we'll have the usual Unionist pact across the country, however the SNP will still win most seats.

Really Jagz, again with the paranoid pact rubbish. Is there any policy where Labour or the Tories have agreed to not stand in a seat so as to give the other side (that they hate) a free run against the SNP?
The only time I hear of anything like a pact is from Indy supporters like the Greens only fielding a few candidates and the likes of Tommy Sheridan urging his support to vote SNP.
The SNP will lose seats and not because of some pact but because they thought they had 5 years and wasted time putting through stupid motions, so their election leaflets dont really show much for their two years
Don't worry John, i don't gamble either, i only challenge people to a bet that are getting too cocky about a particular event that has little or no chance of happening.

Ya might want to check up on the word cocky because it fits you like a glove. I am arguing points because I have the info, you are doing it because you think the SNP are always right and you wont accept they are ever wrong.
I took your point that the Tories had raised their vote in North Ayrshire at the expense of Labour, but they'll have no chance in the forthcoming GE.

There are wards where the Labour vote has held or increased while the Tories has also increased, there the SNP vote has fallen so does that mean SNP voters are voting Tory. Its hard to get a good figure on it though because there are new wards and more councillors but the Labour vote only dropped just over a 1,000 while the Tories increased over 6,000. There were over 5,000 votes this year than last, it would be interesting to see who got the lions share

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.