Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

306 Pages V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
bilbo.s
post 13th Aug 2016, 09:42pm
Post #1666

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Heather @ 13th Aug 2016, 10:54pm) *
Angel, I usually read the Links but I gave up when they were not only coming three at a time from the same man, but mostly saying the same thing.

Attached Image

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Aug 2016, 09:47pm
Post #1667

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
It's got to be chef!!!! sign_lol.gif

+Quote Post
angel
post 13th Aug 2016, 10:17pm
Post #1668

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 13th Aug 2016, 08:47pm) *
It's got to be chef!!!! sign_lol.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
angel
post 14th Aug 2016, 12:23am
Post #1669

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 13th Aug 2016, 08:34pm) *
Really? eyebrow.gif

Every single article, by every different author, word for word?

Well Kemedian , if you want to split hairs .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 15th Aug 2016, 08:42am
Post #1670

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
https://infacts.org/n-ireland-first-ministe...ng-brexit-risk/

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Aug 2016, 09:51am
Post #1671

Mega City Key Holder
It doesn't take a genious to observe that the SNP Government possesses no mandate to call another Indyref in the next five years. Only Westminster has the power to call another referendum on the EU in that time, perhaps about the substance of the deal with Brussels - which would be the last chance to either stop Brexit or prove the doubters wrong.

Personally, I think the SNP should wait until Brexit is done and dusted one way or another before campaigning again for Independence. The Party needs to swallow some of its own medicine in my opinion and would be all-the-better for it.

Given a clear and hard choice of existing UK or prospective EU membership for Scotland, I would choose the latter and my reasons haven't changed.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Aug 2016, 12:12pm
Post #1672

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 15th Aug 2016, 10:51am) *
It doesn't take a genious to observe that the SNP Government possesses no mandate to call another Indyref in the next five years.

Personally, I think the SNP should wait until Brexit is done and dusted one way or another before campaigning again for Independence.

The SNP haven't called for another referendum.

You're stating the bleedin' obvious, of course the SNP will have to wait until a Bexit deal is done and if Scottish interests are not adequately protected then they have a mandate to call for a second indyref.

When do you think May (if at all) will trigger Article 50?

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Aug 2016, 01:00pm
Post #1673

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Aug 2016, 01:12pm) *
The SNP haven't called for another referendum.

You're stating the bleedin' obvious, of course the SNP will have to wait until a Bexit deal is done and if Scottish interests are not adequately protected then they have a mandate to call for a second indyref.

When do you think May (if at all) will trigger Article 50?

Do you, as I do, really think it's possible that the SNP could accept the Brexit deal?

PM May has stated that she wants a deal for the whole of the UK and she seems in no particular hurry, which I like.

The SNP cannot make up a mandate as it goes along. There HAS now been a 'material change', and you are correct: Sturgeon HASN'T called a referendum, because she can't.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 15th Aug 2016, 01:32pm
Post #1674

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Might not have too long to wait ...

''Reports at the weekend suggested that the Government is planning to delay invoking Article 50 until 2017, meaning Brexit would not take place until the end of 2019.

A source insisted that she will push "full steam ahead" and invoke Article 50 at the beginning of next year. "She is not taking her foot off the pedal," the source said.''

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/there...ocid=spartandhp

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Aug 2016, 02:02pm
Post #1675

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 15th Aug 2016, 02:00pm) *
Do you, as I do, really think it's possible that the SNP could accept the Brexit deal?

PM May has stated that she wants a deal for the whole of the UK and she seems in no particular hurry, which I like.

The SNP cannot make up a mandate as it goes along. There HAS now been a 'material change', and you are correct: Sturgeon HASN'T called a referendum, because she can't.

We won't know the answer to that until we see what deals been done.

The longer this drags on the more uncertainty it causes sending the economy sliding further down the tubes.

The SNP aren't making "a mandate up as it goes along" it was in their manifesto as you know fine well.

And i didn't say "Sturgeon HASN'T called a referendum" i said "The SNP haven't called for another referendum".

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Aug 2016, 05:32pm
Post #1676

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Aug 2016, 03:02pm) *
We won't know the answer to that until we see what deals been done.

The SNP aren't making "a mandate up as it goes along" it was in their manifesto as you know fine well.

And i didn't say "Sturgeon HASN'T called a referendum" i said "The SNP haven't called for another referendum".

Why not, in your opinion, if like you say the mandate already exists?

The SNP manifesto asserts the basic right of Holyrood to hold a second Indyref in the very circumstances produced by June's Brexit outcome, but importantly without any qualification on the basis of undisclosed criteria that applies to the settlement package. Exactly what would be in Scotland's own interests, and just whose interests are these really when decided by Politicians? eyebrow.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 15th Aug 2016, 07:21pm
Post #1677

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 15th Aug 2016, 01:00pm) *

You'll have to forgive this thicko Kem but i didn't see any manifesto pledge saying they'll hold a referendum if there was a 'a significant and material change'. The manifesto i seen says they believe the Scottish parliament should have the right to hold another referendum which is a completely different thing, especially when it shares the page with their real pledges including we will campaign for Scotland and the UK to remain in the European Union

In other words they have no mandate!!! But they fulfilled on the other pledge wink.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Aug 2016, 08:09pm
Post #1678

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 15th Aug 2016, 06:32pm) *
Why not, in your opinion, if like you say the mandate already exists?

What's your rush for indyref 2, who knows, maybe the UK government will negotiate a cracking deal for us all and we can sail off into the distance one big happy UK holding hands and singing kumbaya.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 15th Aug 2016, 10:28pm
Post #1679

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Aug 2016, 09:09pm) *
What's your rush for indyref 2, who knows, maybe the UK government will negotiate a cracking deal for us all and we can sail off into the distance one big happy UK holding hands and singing kumbaya.

Say no more. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 16th Aug 2016, 06:12am
Post #1680

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Oh good heavens!
I suppose someone had to do it.

A hairdresser, and others, is going to stop Brexit by suing the Government. So much for the voting system and the will of the majority.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/this-w...ocid=spartandhp

+Quote Post

306 Pages V  « < 110 111 112 113 114 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.