Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1494 Pages V  « < 1492 1493 1494  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
carmella
post Y'day, 12:38pm
Post #22396

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Incidentally, our National Trust in Scotland was in a poor way financially, long before Covid hit. I can't imagine what it is like now.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 12:46pm
Post #22397

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582

I don’t think you or anyone else can keep throwing up these comparisons with other countries of a similar size, those incidentally where the cost of living is very high. Quote Carmella.

You are correct that, in most of the countries used for comparison, the cost of living is high, but you neglect to mention that wages and pensions are correspondingly high - therefore the standard of living is much higher. Do you honestly believe that the Danes, Norwegians et al are grovelling around in abject poverty? I have personal knowledge that they are NOT. Time you entered the real world !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
carmella
post Y'day, 04:02pm
Post #22398

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th Jul 2020, 01:46pm) *
I don’t think you or anyone else can keep throwing up these comparisons with other countries of a similar size, those incidentally where the cost of living is very high. Quote Carmella.

You are correct that, in most of the countries used for comparison, the cost of living is high, but you neglect to mention that wages and pensions are correspondingly high - therefore the standard of living is much higher. Do you honestly believe that the Danes, Norwegians et al are grovelling around in abject poverty? I have personal knowledge that they are NOT. Time you entered the real world !

I enntered the real world before you did.

If you think you were telling me something I didn’t know just because I didn’t mention these things, you are very wrong. I have worked in tbe countries you chose to mention. I didn’t mention the salaries, and pensions because I already know people with more intelligence than you on these boards, already know this. Therefore, there was no need to point this out in my post.

Unlike you I credit board members with more intelligence.

I am not surprised that someone so lacking in intelligence hasn’t worked out yet, how to properly quote someone’s post, maybe you should learn.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 04:15pm
Post #22399

Mega City Key Holder
What a load of crap,no more than expected from you! The fact is you omitted to mention the higher income of those countries in order to paint them in an unfavourable light to UK by mentioning only the cost of living. When taken together with income they are much better off.

Any member of reasonable intelligence can see through your ploy!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
carmella
post Y'day, 04:36pm
Post #22400

Mega City Key Holder
Keep the vitriol up, it only shows you for what you are.

As I said everyone else already knows this stuff.

I bet in the workplace environ you were a bully!

You need to get your head out of the sand.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 04:54pm
Post #22401

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (carmella @ 13th Jul 2020, 05:36pm) *
Keep the vitriol up, it only shows you for what you are.

As I said everyone else already knows this stuff.

I bet in the workplace environ you were a bully!

You need to get your head out of the sand.

Why don't you address my points, instead of having a hissy fit ? Mind you, it suits you ! You are quite wrong about my being a workplace bully. Can I have a slug of your vitriol? Never tried it but willing to learn from an expert.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 05:58pm
Post #22402

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 13th Jul 2020, 01:26pm) *
how can someone who claims to love Scotland and Indy, not feel as I do about our jobs and tourism, it baffles me! Most people have just had their longest ‘holiday’ in life, mixed with some sunshine and warmth, yet seem to want to support tourism in the Med etc., rather than protect the tourism, jobs etc., in their own country. That mindset also baffles me.

I don’t think you or anyone else can keep throwing up these comparisons with other countries of a similar size, those incidentally where the cost of living is very high

If I thought Scotland could successfully become indy in every successful and wealthy way, I would vote for it. Also never feel that me, or others who don’t want indy, or who don’t vote SNP love Scotland less that you.

Are you talking about me in your, "how can someone who claims to love Scotland and Indy, not feel as I do about our jobs and tourism", because as i said to Danny earlier today, "I know my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be", but i know for a fact that i have never said i don't care about our jobs, that is a riddiculous claim to make.

Why should i not make comparisons to other countries that are of a similar size to us, are we just to believe that we are the only country on the planet that can't manage it's own affairs?

The cost of living in some Scandinavian countries is higher than here, but so is their standard of living, people in poor countries would think that the cost of living here is very high too compared to their own.

I think anyone who puts the interest of their country second to another country doesn't love it as much as the person who does put their country first Carmella.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 06:24pm
Post #22403

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 13th Jul 2020, 01:21pm) *
Business for Scotland is of course a Pro Indy site run by a failed businessan he writes
"you can’t use GERS as an argument against independence. Maybe he should tell the
scottish govt who said....

'Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (GERS). GERS is the authoritative publication on Scotland's public finances.'

You mean, "a failed businessman", like Jackson Carlaw?

And G.E.R.S figures are estimates and show how badly Scotland is being served as part of the UK, and were the brainchild of the then Secretary for Scotland in a State Ian Lang for political and not statistical reasons to deliberately show Scotland in a bad light, and where is England's equivalent G.E.R.E?

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 09:26am
Post #22404

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Jul 2020, 07:24pm) *
You mean, "a failed businessman", like Jackson Carlaw?

And G.E.R.S figures are estimates and show how badly Scotland is being served as part of the UK, and were the brainchild of the then Secretary for Scotland in a State Ian Lang for political and not statistical reasons to deliberately show Scotland in a bad light, and where is England's equivalent G.E.R.E?

https://www.businessforscotland.com/reveale...otlands-wealth/

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 02:04pm
Post #22405

Mega City Key Holder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6slneQY0jw

Just for you know whom !

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 02:41pm
Post #22406

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 14th Jul 2020, 03:04pm) *

Any of us could say this to the seps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjplZXgodhs

+Quote Post

1494 Pages V  « < 1492 1493 1494
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.