Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> High Craighall Road, Help
*Anne Burns*
post 8th Jun 2016, 01:17pm
Post #61

QUOTE (Guest Anne Burns @ 10th Apr 2016, 11:07pm) *
Hi,The Patons lived on the top flat of no. 100. A soldier called Patrick Wheelan visited them once, he had a strong English accent. Also on the same landing, were the Blues & Mrs. Weir. Below the Patons, at the front of the building, were the Kays. Sorry I can't tell you anything more about the Patons. Anne.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*stephen dolan*
post 16th Aug 2016, 12:40am
Post #62

Hello. Kind of blown away by this topic. Been searching my family history, and Ive come across this.

My family name is Dolan. My family also lived at 100 High Craighall Road from what seem like around 1903 to around 1947 or later.

James Dolan was my great grandad ans Catherine ( cathy ? ) his wife. My grandad was Robert (jack) Dolan .

Can anyone remember them ?

+Quote Post
Stevedolan
post 16th Aug 2016, 10:11am
Post #63

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,113
Hi. Im Stephen Dolan. My family lived at 100 High Craighall from the early 1900's. My great grandfather was James Dolan and my Great granny was Catherine (cathy?)

My grandad was Robert (jack) Dolan and my dad was Brian Dolan.

I see some amazing information here and I'm really curious if any of you have memories of my family .

+Quote Post
**JimC**
post 16th Aug 2016, 07:18pm
Post #64

Hi Steve,
Sorry, but I don`t recall the Dolan family but possibly Anne Burns may be able to help as she has mentioned a few people at number 100 in some of the posts. All The Very best. JimC.

+Quote Post
Stevedolan
post 17th Aug 2016, 11:03am
Post #65

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,113
thanks Jim. They moved around between numbers a little bit it seems judging by the records.

+Quote Post
*Anne Burns*
post 22nd Aug 2016, 02:08pm
Post #66

QUOTE (stephen dolan @ 16th Aug 2016, 12:40am) *
Hello. Kind of blown away by this topic. Been searching my family history, and Ive come across this.

My family name is Dolan. My family also lived at 100 High Craighall Road from what seem like around 1903 to around 1947 or later.

James Dolan was my great grandad ans Catherine ( cathy ? ) his wife. My grandad was Robert (jack) Dolan .

Can anyone remember them ?

+Quote Post
*Julie Nicks*
post 15th Jun 2017, 09:12pm
Post #67

Popping in from Adelaide in South Australia. Thanks for the photos of High Craighall Rd...my great great grandparents lived at number 100 back in the 1880s...
;D Christmas pressie for LindsaySiam...I am the great great Grandaughter of Matilda WILKINSON formerly AITKEN/AIKEN nee NORRIS, originally from Tamlaght by Moneymore in Ireland but moving c 1877/79 to Glasgow.
Robert and Maria [dau of Matilda] SIMPSON nee AIKEN/AITKEN moved with their family as well and all lived at 100 Highcraighhall Rd in 1881.
Robert WILKINSON - my great Grandfather and his mother and siblings lived in the same wynd as well as his future bride, Jane HAMILTON nee HALLIDAY, her father, 3 little girls and 2 of her siblings
I have quite an extensive tree and many certificates on the families listed above as well as others from around Glasgow
Cheers and thanks from South Australia 😊

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.