Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Music Shop In Sauchiehall Street?, Can anyone remember its name?
Doug1
post 3rd Jul 2012, 10:10am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 22nd Apr 2012, 09:40pm) *
Talking about music shops in Sauchiehall Street,I was looking through the images of Sauchiehall Street on the Mitchell library came across Clydesdales Electical goods shop.That took me back to my youth when my mate and I queued up overnight for tickets for the Rolling Stones concert in the Apollo.I remember a lot of banter that night,very orderly and the tickets at face value.
And a great concert,great seats Mick Jagger in pink satin suit and skip cap.It was a gas rolleyes.gif

Hi Jupiter..Clydesdales was a pretty big electrical retailer in those days with branches all over the place. in its early days my late father was the firm service manager...........Aye a fair few years ago.

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
**Derek**
post 14th Dec 2014, 04:08pm
Post #47

QUOTE (Doug1 @ 3rd Jul 2012, 10:27am) *
Hi Jupiter..Clydesdales was a pretty big electrical retailer in those days with branches all over the place. in its early days my late father was the firm service manager...........Aye a fair few years ago.

I queued overnight at Clydesdale's for those Stones tickets in 1971 as well. A group of us went straight there from school with sleeping bags and folding chairs and stuff like that. Great laugh and I got the front row balcony seats I wanted!

+Quote Post
*Pol*
post 21st Aug 2016, 04:15pm
Post #48

Hi I was just reading these post about Biggars being in Sauchiehall St and remembered that I had an old record from there that my granddad got. But it was Biggars Recording Studio in Cambridge Street from 1956. But I don't know what it is as it doesn't have anything much on the label. Just the name an address of studio and the names of the vocalist, pianist and drummer and the date. And I don't have a record player lol.

+Quote Post
*JIM BEVERIDGE*
post 7th Feb 2017, 09:28pm
Post #49

I recently acquired a collection of old 78rpm acetate records, one of which is labelled "biggars recording studio", 102 sauchiehall st glasgow c2 (phone douglas 7121). unfortunately no reply on this number. the record was probably a one-off, by george mcalpine and his band, with the gay gordons on one side and dovecot park on the other.

I have not been able to research the record further. Another name /mystery from the past.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 8th Feb 2017, 09:17am
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Biggars still trade in Sauchiehall St but at a different shop, contacts here

https://www.biggars.co.uk/

Can't help with the band though.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
aaron king
post 8th Feb 2017, 11:36am
Post #51

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,776
Hi folks ,re Cuthbertsons music shop.i worked there 1974-78 when it closed.it was in Cambridge st next door to greigs
Littlewoods bought us over in that period I was there .Littlewoods were in sauchihall st just round corner and eventually you could enter that side to come thru to cuthbertsons in Cambridge st,we did sell records and guitars ,but we were better remembered for our pianos .

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.