Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fortune Teller Indoor Market Argyle Street
benny
post 21st Feb 2015, 05:21pm
Post #61

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
Like yourself, Anon78, I believe in the possibility of things like precognition, but - like every field of human endeavour - if there's money to be made, there'll be a fraud around somewhere. The big problem is identifying the frauds from the genuine psychic, if there is such a being.

Seeing into the future isn't so unbelievable, no matter what the sceptics say. First of all, no-one has yet come up with a satisfactory definition of time, and exactly how we interact with it. The standard view of time as a river flowing from the past, through the present, towards the future, isn't accepted by everyone. Some scientists and philosophers believe in the Eternal Present, where all times co-exist; some even believe that time is an illusion. Yes, it all seems rather far fetched, but then so did many things which we now take for granted, at one time.

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
**Catherine**
post 6th Apr 2015, 12:57pm
Post #62

I saw Kizzy at the Savoy Centre a couple of weeks ago. To be honest the reading was not that great and she spent most of the reading talking about herself.

I was asked a lot of questions and she would repeat back what I had just told her using phrases like I know that or I can see that in your hand pointing to different parts in my hand.

+Quote Post
Alex MacPhee
post 6th Apr 2015, 07:42pm
Post #63

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,183
There have been many scientific tests performed under rigorous conditions, and no trace of extra-sensory perception has ever been detected. The field, unfortunately, is full of frauds, charlatans, and the self-deluded, mostly the first two. Some are skilled enough at cold reading to persuade the gullible, and others, like the late Doris Stokes, use stooges and props to extract information from the audience before the session, and feed it secretly to the 'psychic', who then mysteriously seems to 'know' things that the hapless punters don't recollect having revealed.

--------------------
Alex

+Quote Post
mossgiel
post 7th Apr 2015, 07:45am
Post #64

Visitor
Member No.: 28,565
QUOTE (Alex MacPhee @ 6th Apr 2015, 08:59pm) *
There have been many scientific tests performed under rigorous conditions, and no trace of extra-sensory perception has ever been detected. The field, unfortunately, is full of frauds, charlatans, and the self-deluded, mostly the first two. Some are skilled enough at cold reading to persuade the gullible, and others, like the late Doris Stokes, use stooges and props to extract information from the audience before the session, and feed it secretly to the 'psychic', who then mysteriously seems to 'know' things that the hapless punters don't recollect having revealed.

Harry Houdini for years visited them to try and contact his mother,then spent the rest of the time proving that they were all fakes,he should know because he was one of the biggest trickster on the go.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 8th Apr 2015, 08:25am
Post #65

QUOTE (Alex MacPhee @ 6th Apr 2015, 07:59pm) *

The American Illusionists, Penn And Teller, Gathered for a T.V. show 10 of Americas most renowned and trusted "psychics" and posed them a series of questions. There was no attempt at trickery or collusion. When the results were analysed no two of them were in agreement on anything.

People believe what they want and hear what they want to when accessing "psychics". Generally they fall into a category that is willing and able to be manipulated by fraudsters who practise this form of lucrative business. I wont go into it here but I know how they use "urgers" to "set up" gullible patrons. If people could see any where into the future it would be immediately harnessed by the military and bear in mind that the Americans and Russians spent millions trying to develop skills in precognition, all to no avail. It still remains in the realm of Hollywood and the mind of those who crave some intervention in a life they can't quite come to terms with.

+Quote Post
Alex MacPhee
post 8th Apr 2015, 09:56am
Post #66

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,183
Yes indeed, and James Randi has done similar exposÚs, as has Martin Gardner ; both, like Penn & Teller, themselves conjurors. So they know the tricks of the business, and have an intense dislike of those who prostitute it for the sake of rooking the gullible and those in distress.

--------------------
Alex

+Quote Post
*JoanneGlasgow*
post 14th Feb 2016, 04:55pm
Post #67

I went to see the fortune teller in argyle market and wasnt that impressed as felt it was a bit rushed. I used to go see Julie Woods from irvine until she passed recently I had a reading from 2 different girls from love light tarot card reading. They are on facebook it was just mini readings as I didnt have much money at the time but they absolutely blew me away. Everything both girls said was spot on and they even got things that I didnt even know yet was quite creepy. They do free mini readings sometimes well worth looking out for.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 16th Feb 2016, 10:49pm
Post #68

QUOTE (JoanneGlasgow @ 14th Feb 2016, 05:03pm) *
I went to see the fortune teller in argyle market and wasnt that impressed as felt it was a bit rushed. I used to go see Julie Woods from irvine until she passed recently I had a reading from 2 different girls from love light tarot card reading. They are on facebook it was just mini readings as I didnt have much money at the time but they absolutely blew me away. Everything both girls said was spot on and they even got things that I didnt even know yet was quite creepy. They do free mini readings sometimes well worth looking out for.

And you spend your time consulting people you have never met. Have no connection to you. Nor do the have any skills in human interaction. They are however shrewd and cunning manipulators, well versed in the poverty of life skills and self esteem of those who consult with them to access the unknowable Very sad that in this day and age some seek for selfish miracles.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 16th Feb 2016, 11:04pm
Post #69

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (Billy Boil @ 16th Feb 2016, 10:57pm) *
And you spend your time consulting people you have never met. Have no connection to you. Nor do the have any skills in human interaction. They are however shrewd and cunning manipulators, well versed in the poverty of life skills and self esteem of those who consult with them to access the unknowable Very sad that in this day and age some seek for selfish miracles.

spot on thumbup.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
*Mike Burke*
post 17th Jun 2016, 02:01pm
Post #70

Go to Margaret Solis, she is the real thing.

+Quote Post
*Talisman*
post 18th Jun 2016, 10:53am
Post #71

QUOTE (Mike Burke @ 17th Jun 2016, 02:01pm) *
Go to Margaret Solis, she is the real thing.

And you have scientific evidence to back this assertion?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.