Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> City Centre Police Get Taser Stun Guns, New scheme to protect officers and public
**kirrie kiwi**
post 30th Jan 2010, 07:00am
Post #16

Great idea tazers have been in use in NZ for a while and have saved lives mostly the Crim as he would have been shot with a gun and most likely killed
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 30th Jan 2010, 07:45am
Post #17

One has only to see universal TV reports of of police continually around the globe, batoning protesters on the ground, to wonder what the real reason behind this big brother move is really about. We are the most monitored and policed society in Western Europe. The fact that society is also going downhill is purely coincidental. The answer to everything is not security. Britain and the US have made the Middle East a hot spot by their Imperialist interference and has created these very terrorists and its out of control security is of their own making.

Listening to Tony Blair and their false inquiry things can only get worse.

+Quote Post
**John Manson**
post 30th Jan 2010, 09:19am
Post #18

Hi there

I think our police have enough problems and do not agree with arming them in any fashion. I only agree with specially trained gun squadies and not individual officers. Can you i magine shinny buttons in Ayr, blow your nose and your gettin it.

No thanks.

+Quote Post
**Andrea**
post 30th Jan 2010, 09:59am
Post #19

QUOTE (stratson @ 30th Jan 2010, 12:57am) *
I think it's time the police had control of the streets, if this is what has to be, so be it.

Here Here agreed.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 30th Jan 2010, 10:05am
Post #20

So we are told that Strathclyde Police are responsible enough to police both themselves and the public? Well take the case of a Strathclyde policeman who has gained himself the happy moniker of "Shiny Buttons". This week PC Shiny Buttons was in the news because he issued a 60 fixed penalty notice a man who blew his nose while in his car. Of course you say he must have been driving on a motorway at the time.... but no, the motorist was in fact stationary in his vehicle at the time, stuck in a traffic jam with the handbrake on. The young driver had never been in trouble with the police and has since refused to pay it and is intent on taking the issue through the courts to clear his name.

Another of PC Shiny Buttons most recent exploits was to issue another fine, this time 50 fixed penalty, to an unemployed man who accidentally dropped a 10 note in the street after leaving a shop.

Do you really think the streets of Strathclyde would be any safer by giving PC Shiny Buttons a 50000volt Taser???

+Quote Post
Alemass
post 30th Jan 2010, 11:41am
Post #21

Unpacking
Member No.: 7,792
Glasgow Lass states that if you don't want to be tasered then don't commit a crime. Her naivete certainly does not empower her logic. The case cited by Caterina re the Polish immigrant who was virtually murdered by the five Mounties who each blasted him with this "safe" weapon multiplying the voltage many times, and all because no one could understand him and when an interpreter could not be found. He was blasted and blasted and blasted Glasgow Lass without having committed a crime. This incident was defended by the Mounties who lied to protect each other.
Fortunately a Public inqury has found them to be guilty of negligence causing death but the recommendations have still to be enacted. There are many other incidents of Taser misuse here and in the US. Arm the cops and then watch the criminals arm themselves.

+Quote Post
*ronnieauld*
post 30th Jan 2010, 12:02pm
Post #22

wit a glesga polis with a taser gun omg, there bad enough with there batons, besides it has been proven world wide that tasers can cause DEATH in certain conditions, so how wid the polis know who is wearing an pace maker or has heart condition ect ect. I say NO to glesga polis having tasers.

+Quote Post
ricky1824
post 30th Jan 2010, 12:28pm
Post #23

Visitor
Member No.: 1,850
I voted yes as long as they don't give one to the EEDJIT in Ayr Constabulary who booked the guy for blowing his nose in a traffic jam whilst stationary what a waste of Police resources.
I agree with tasers in principal as long as they are given to trained personnel and not some Rookie straight out of Tulliallan with some naive judgement calls.My one fear is them getting into the hands of the bad guys some of the Police on the street are wee lassies playing in uniforms with the no height restriction and the welfare state the thugs are bigger than the Polis rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 30th Jan 2010, 01:44pm
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 30th Jan 2010, 12:43am) *
... and dont be caught lookin' like you've been committing a crime. biggrin.gif

Good morning Tee, well lets say that the police were carrying guns and I only looked like I had committed a crime, then a could say tae maself, oh dont worry Lass, your only going to get your head blown off. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 30th Jan 2010, 02:10pm
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Hi Lass. in the (true) cases that I mentioned here where it looked like I was the criminal the police, obviously, didn't blow my head off ... although in one case I, too, was armed. They came into a room looking for a nutter with a gun and found a guy in a suit with a bloody nose and mouth and a guy with a pony tail wearing a leather jacket, Ossy Osbourne T shirt, stretch jeans and Cuban Heel boots, about to pull him up by the jacket lapels. Guess who was wearing the Ossy Osbourne T shirt? rolleyes.gif
I had just disarmed the suit who had come to the hotel to shoot the manager. But when the police came in ... you can guess who they thought the baddy was. I just put my arms in the air and let one of them throw me against the wall.
Seconds later the girl who had screamed for my help came in and told the police I was the goody.
The police normally don't shoot ... not out here, anyway, until they must. And if they're pointing guns at close range there's no way I'm giving them cause to shoot. So no one's shooting.
But with a Taser?
They'd have Tased me right away to be on the safe side.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
petunia
post 30th Jan 2010, 03:28pm
Post #26

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 6,822
I have seen the results of taser use in Canada as someone mentioned in Vancouver where a mentally disturbed person died as the result of being tasered and he wasn't the first.
Growing up in Glasgow I don't remember guns being necessary to keep people safe but the world has changed and crime like in many places has increased whereby policing is more dangerous than when the "bobby"was on the beat.
I voted to wait and see but I do believe that our police officers need some kind of deterant when out there

+Quote Post
*scotia69*
post 30th Jan 2010, 03:33pm
Post #27

It seems to me that the police of to-day are dammed if the do and dammed if they don't. If people can't do the time , don't commit the crime.

+Quote Post
Anne1
post 30th Jan 2010, 04:10pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,001
I wouldnt like to see the Tazers being used by Glasgow Police

--------------------
ANNWAN

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 30th Jan 2010, 04:55pm
Post #29

check what happened in canada when the mounties used them

+Quote Post
Java
post 30th Jan 2010, 05:05pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Me neither Anne...ah voted no...huh.gif

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Aug 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.