Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something At The Moon
Sandra1
post 24th Aug 2012, 08:10pm
Post #1

Visitor
Member No.: 11,150
I remember one clear night nearing midnight I looked up and saw 'something' go across the bottom right hand side of the moon!
This was in the days before the space station or I would have put it down to that.
Next dat a radio Clyde DJ......soryy don't know who, mentioned this as well in a joking , jovial way....but serious enough about.

Nothing else .ever was mentioned about this anywhere.

Was it just me and the DJ who witnessed this? It was around early 80's..........and very spooky.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 25th Aug 2012, 08:21am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (Sandera @ 24th Aug 2012, 10:25pm) *
I remember one clear night nearing midnight I looked up and saw 'something' go across the bottom right hand side of the moon!
This was in the days before the space station or I would have put it down to that.
Next dat a radio Clyde DJ......soryy don't know who, mentioned this as well in a joking , jovial way....but serious enough about.

Nothing else .ever was mentioned about this anywhere.

Was it just me and the DJ who witnessed this? It was around early 80's..........and very spooky.

Not saying its what you saw but I have seen just before sunset a sattelite passing overhead, with the naked eye, fastest thing I have ever seen

+Quote Post
beth
post 25th Aug 2012, 08:26am
Post #3

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 8,349
Could it have been the cremora foam man sandera?. seriously there have been so many sightings of different things, I believe there must be something, somewhere out there

+Quote Post
Sandra1
post 25th Aug 2012, 02:51pm
Post #4

Visitor
Member No.: 11,150
Thanks,

No , it wasn't something I had witnessed before................also saw this in 2010......dont know where Birmingham or Dumfries came from in my location, but the Sandra is me !!! nsaw this from garden that night............a wonderful, jaw dropping sight !

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dana-point...MI05N1E9VOSBR01

Thanks for the input.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 25th Aug 2012, 03:11pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 25th Aug 2012, 09:36am) *
Not saying its what you saw but I have seen just before sunset a sattelite passing overhead, with the naked eye, fastest thing I have ever seen

Satellites move quite slowly when viewed with the naked eye Dave, the only way it would streak by is if its orbit had decayed and it was burning up in the atmosphere as as it fell to earth.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.