Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Evening Times Bruin Club, and the Bruin the Bear comic strip
*Kellie StrÝm*
post 20th Feb 2008, 01:47am
Post #1

I've recently got a hold of a collection of Bruin strips pasted into a Bruin Club scrapbook, which you can see here and here.

Searching online I read that there was more to the Bruin Club than just the scrapbook. I'd love to here more about it, what activities were organised, and how long it lasted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Saville
post 17th May 2008, 03:06pm
Post #2

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,890
Kellie
I remember Bruin the Bear, my brother Robert and I were also members of the Bruin the Bear Club.
I remember going to a Club show ( I would have been about 5 or 6) organised by the times in the Maryhill Burgh Halls at Gairbraid Ave. We all wore our wee red badges. Great stuff!
Kids nowadays would be bored but it was a different world then.
I wrote about Bruin in a story I wrote on ourglasgowstory.com (Look for Collina St)
Thanks for the link to the Amazons site. Brought back some good memories for me.
Alex

+Quote Post
*VA*
post 22nd Sep 2009, 03:47am
Post #3

I used to read this strip in India when I was a kid back in the 80s where it was published in one of the national dailies ("The Hindu") as a Sunday strip. Was lots of fun to read and I have a collection of the strips clipped from the newspaper!

+Quote Post
*Tam Maguire*
post 8th Oct 2016, 01:31pm
Post #4

QUOTE (Alex Saville @ 17th May 2008, 03:06pm) *
Kellie
I remember Bruin the Bear, my brother Robert and I were also members of the Bruin the Bear Club.
I remember going to a Club show ( I would have been about 5 or 6) organised by the times in the Maryhill Burgh Halls at Gairbraid Ave. We all wore our wee red badges. Great stuff!
Kids nowadays would be bored but it was a different world then.
I wrote about Bruin in a story I wrote on ourglasgowstory.com (Look for Collina St)
Thanks for the link to the Amazons site. Brought back some good memories for me.
Alex

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.