Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow Father Search...help!, DNA match past to present search
MissJH
post 16th Aug 2016, 09:19pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,069
Hi all,
I have been searching for my biological father on and off for many years without luck. I have very limited information about him making it almost impossible to ever get anywhere with my search. Recently I had my DNA tested with AncestryDNA.com and was shocked and so surprised to find a match to a lady in the USA who is for sure linked to my Glasgow fathers family. It turns out that her grandma and my great grandfather are siblings, they were both born in Scotland but her grandma sailed to New York in 1920 and spent the rest of her life there. My great granddad and family remained in Scotland. Now, finding out all of this information would most probably lead you to believe that I have finally found my biological father, unfortunately not! I cant believe how much information I have found regarding distant relatives but when it comes to relatives closer to me I am just not getting anywhere. It is just so heart breaking and frustrating when you think that the search is almost over and yet another obstacle is put in your way. So, I'm basically here to ask anybody, anywhere if they may be able to help me out with this in any way. At the moment I have just been sending for birth certificates when I can afford to that I think may be relevant to the person I am searching. I am currently waiting for a death certificate that also could be relevant to my biological father so I am waiting to see if the parents match who I suspect are my grandparents...hopefully they don't! Although I might sound like I am getting somewhere with my search I am really at a stand still and am just guessing names/dates as much as I can. I really would be so grateful if anybody out there may be able to help me or offer me any advice.
My biological father called John Reilly. He could be aged 65-75 years old (roughly) and he was born in Glasgow.
Thank you for reading.
Kindest Regards.
MissJH
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.