Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subject: Changes to Canada, FYI Believe It Or Not?
*Billy Boil*
post 15th Dec 2016, 07:37pm
Post #316

QUOTE (angel @ 14th Dec 2016, 04:39am) *
Full Answer

The passage of the 1982 Canada Act was in response to the request made by the federal government of Canada to end the requirement of requesting permission from the British Parliament for certain types of amendments to be made to the Canadian constitution. The Canada Act officially became the 1982 Constitution Act when it was signed into law by Queen Elizabeth II at Canada's capital city of Ottawa on April 17, 1982. In adherence to Canada's official policy of bilingualism, the text of both the Canada Act and the Constitution Act are on record as a statutory instrument in English and French.

Athough, Vimy Ridge is probably the most remembered WW1 Canadian battle, there was a few more battles were the Canadian military showed it's worth .

I happen to think that Canada has a very strong national identity although it has a multi cultural society. It is that diversity that makes Canada the country that it is.

There are many countries that are riddled with racism and bigotry Canada is not alone with that problem but I don't think it is such a big deal at this time . hope it never is . sad.gif

Memorial; Square Du Canada, Dieppe.
" On 19th of August, 1942,
on the beaches of Dieppe,
Our Canadian cousins
marked with their blood
the road to our final liberation
foretelling thus their glorious return
September 1 1944.

My father in law, an Italian married to a French lady, was invalided from the Canadian army in 1944. He died in the soldiers home in Sannich Victoria, a few years back.

And the Canadian Navy in the 4 year Battle of the Atlantic 1939/ 1944.
Juno beach D Day The Canadian Division and Canadian Navy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angel
post 10th Jan 2017, 06:26pm
Post #317

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
I see that Trudeau is shuffling his cabinet today , in order to be better prepared for the coming trade negotiations with Trump, I do hope that this new cabinet will be up to the challenge .and not allow Trump to damage Canada's relationship with the USA of which he seems to be determined when it comes to trading partners.

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
angel
post 14th Jan 2017, 08:18pm
Post #318

Mega City Key Holder
Ahmed Hussen, came to Canada as a refugee from Somalia on his own when he was 16yrs of age , and through his 23yrs in this country he became an immigration lawyer and this week he is now the minister of immigration and refugees for Canada , this is just another success story that we hear about and no doubt there are many more in this land, all different nationalities with different occupations colour and religion and the same applies with our M.Ps of many ethnic origins , Success to all of them and others in the future . biggrin.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 23rd Jan 2017, 11:13pm
Post #319

QUOTE (angel @ 10th Jan 2017, 06:26pm) *
I see that Trudeau is shuffling his cabinet today , in order to be better prepared for the coming trade negotiations with Trump, I do hope that this new cabinet will be up to the challenge .and not allow Trump to damage Canada's relationship with the USA of which he seems to be determined when it comes to trading partners.

Look out for the "Great Wall of Canada" or don't you have as Mexico does, thieves, rapists, drug pushers ( who buys all their drugs any way????) and job stealers.

There must be a host of things that Trump will find to hate about Canada, as he has found much to hate about the civilized world.

Try not to display any of your intelligence or social justice skills as this will cause embarrassment to the biggest gun toting, drug abusing, supersized in the world.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 26th Jan 2017, 02:19am
Post #320

One for Angel! from my Canadian brother in law who for some weird reason lives in NUYEORK.
"Mummy what's a Canadian"?
"An unarmed North American with health insurance policy"

+Quote Post
angel
post 30th Jan 2017, 05:51am
Post #321

Mega City Key Holder
Tonight in Quebec city a mosque has been fired on with people injured and also some deaths , information is sketchy at the moment but it was maybe three shooters and two of the suspects have been caught , but the police are not giving out anymore information at this time .

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 9th Feb 2017, 08:14pm
Post #322

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,466
Yesterday's eMail to Justin Trudeau and local federal MP....
Entitled: Electoral Change & Other Matters

"Sirs,

With regard to the broken promise to reform the Electoral Process and dissolve the 'First Past the Post Rule',
I fear what you have done is to shock the entire nation by executing a barefaced reversal in intended policy.

Whatever the reason you may or may not have considered as valid for doing so, is academic, but what you
have actually assured yourselves of is a guaranteed seat on the Opposition Benches in the next General Election.

The P.M. has shown that breaking promises is not only to be expected but actually follows a family-inherited trait.

Not good enough Justin!

Not good enough either is the intention to meet with the incumbent Orange Lout throwing his considerable
bulk currently around in The White House.

Must you denigrate Canada to the level of collusive confederate to such an arrogant bully?

Surely Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms would preclude this.

Much better to stand against a tyrant than to unabashedly sidle up to one.

I'm sure that past English Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain would rather (given the chance) have stood up to
Hitler and rejected "Peace In Our Time" and his policy of Appeasement in view of how history unfolded after Munich.

Bear in mind the people, including you, who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

Do not meet with trump but form a better relationship with Mexico.
Do not sully Canada's Character and stand on human rights in the eyes of the world by appeasing trump.

Cut America free and learn to trade with the world. America is a lost cause for the next four years.

As at Vimy Ridge in 1917 where Canada first became a nation in the eyes of the world,
you have the chance to again assert and prove that Canada has the guts to take on and defeat a bully.

Do you think for one moment that H.M. QEII will appreciate or even approve of your intended meeting?"

(signed)

Today's eMail to Justin Trudeau and the local git expanded to include leaders of major opposition parties....
Entitled: Managing Foreign Affairs

"Prime Minister.

It may not have occurred to you that the newly appointed U.S. Ambassador to Canada
is none other than the ridiculous, inept and unfathomely stupid
Sarah Palin.

That's how much trump values Canada's relationship with the U.S.
To send us such an idiot speaks volumes.
Do not accept her appointment.

Since your intended meeting with trump has been confirmed today (Feb 9th) for Monday, Feb 13th, 2017
you have now shown to Canadians and the World that you have neither the integrity, conscience nor morality enough
to continue to serve us as Prime Minister.

Mexico has at least the balls to stand up to trump. Clearly you have not.
Remember that you represent a country that is part of a greater membership that is the British Commonwealth.

You are about to let us all down.
Appeasement does not work.

Your days in office are numbered.
Resign before we vote you out."

(Signed.)

--------------------
Held prisoner in Scotland from 1953. Escaped to England in 1970 then to Homeland Canada in 1980.

+Quote Post
angel
post 10th Feb 2017, 01:59am
Post #323

Mega City Key Holder
Well ! I am hoping that Trudeau will be capable in standing up to Trump and that he will be successful in these trade dealings with Donald .

Also, I hope that Trudeau won't be badgered into cutting off Canada nose to spite it's face .

Just my thoughts . unsure.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
angel
post 13th Feb 2017, 09:33pm
Post #324

Mega City Key Holder
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif Today ,I watched the meeting between Trudeau and Trump on TV. and in general I think it went pretty well , of course this depends on whether trump changes his mind in a few days or no , and should this happen that will mean it has all have been a waste of time ,however I think Trump did get a few good lessons on political diplomacy and how not to run a two ring circus .

Still much to deal with , like environmental and the harvesting of oil + other security issues , just have to wait and see , but I do think that Trudeau did a good job . thumbup.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 13th Feb 2017, 11:47pm
Post #325

QUOTE (ExPOW @ 9th Feb 2017, 08:14pm) *
Yesterday's eMail to Justin Trudeau and local federal MP....
Entitled: Electoral Change & Other Matters

"Sirs,

With regard to the broken promise to reform the Electoral Process and dissolve the 'First Past the Post Rule',
I fear what you have done is to shock the entire nation by executing a barefaced reversal in intended policy.

Whatever the reason you may or may not have considered as valid for doing so, is academic, but what you
have actually assured yourselves of is a guaranteed seat on the Opposition Benches in the next General Election.

The P.M. has shown that breaking promises is not only to be expected but actually follows a family-inherited trait.

Not good enough Justin!

Not good enough either is the intention to meet with the incumbent Orange Lout throwing his considerable
bulk currently around in The White House.

Must you denigrate Canada to the level of collusive confederate to such an arrogant bully?

Surely Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms would preclude this.

Much better to stand against a tyrant than to unabashedly sidle up to one.

I'm sure that past English Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain would rather (given the chance) have stood up to
Hitler and rejected "Peace In Our Time" and his policy of Appeasement in view of how history unfolded after Munich.

Bear in mind the people, including you, who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

Do not meet with trump but form a better relationship with Mexico.
Do not sully Canada's Character and stand on human rights in the eyes of the world by appeasing trump.

Cut America free and learn to trade with the world. America is a lost cause for the next four years.

As at Vimy Ridge in 1917 where Canada first became a nation in the eyes of the world,
you have the chance to again assert and prove that Canada has the guts to take on and defeat a bully.

Do you think for one moment that H.M. QEII will appreciate or even approve of your intended meeting?"

(signed)

Today's eMail to Justin Trudeau and the local git expanded to include leaders of major opposition parties....
Entitled: Managing Foreign Affairs

"Prime Minister.

It may not have occurred to you that the newly appointed U.S. Ambassador to Canada
is none other than the ridiculous, inept and unfathomely stupid
Sarah Palin.

That's how much trump values Canada's relationship with the U.S.
To send us such an idiot speaks volumes.
Do not accept her appointment.

Since your intended meeting with trump has been confirmed today (Feb 9th) for Monday, Feb 13th, 2017
you have now shown to Canadians and the World that you have neither the integrity, conscience nor morality enough
to continue to serve us as Prime Minister.

Mexico has at least the balls to stand up to trump. Clearly you have not.
Remember that you represent a country that is part of a greater membership that is the British Commonwealth.

You are about to let us all down.
Appeasement does not work.

Your days in office are numbered.
Resign before we vote you out."

(Signed.)

At least she knows how to skin and dress freshly killed furry animals. And shoot them!

Makes us glad to be 24,000Kms away and not sharing a border with Trumpengolia.

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 13th Feb 2017, 11:49pm
Post #326

QUOTE (angel @ 30th Jan 2017, 05:51am) *
Tonight in Quebec city a mosque has been fired on
with people injured and also some deaths , information
is sketchy at the moment but it was maybe three shooters
and two of the suspects have been caught , but the
police are not giving out anymore information at this time .

Donald Trump, A.K.A. KKK. TRUMP comes to Canada to destroy any vestiges of civilization in North America.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 14th Feb 2017, 12:36am
Post #327

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Ex-POW should should check his facts before posting "alternative facts" on here. Sarah Palin has NOT been appointed US Ambassador to Canada, it is merely a rumour put about by some comedians.

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 14th Feb 2017, 06:30pm
Post #328

Super Resident
Yup. I should have said "touted to be" per The Guardian's comments (below) or "rumoured to be" or even 'If Sarah Palin should be the newly appointed...'.

The "facts" were as reported from the;

The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/fe...sador-to-canada

Toronto Sun: http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/08/palin...sador-to-canada
CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cullen-ang...sador-1.3974864
Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/09/sa...n_14661506.html

Those must be the comedians you refer to.
However The Globe and Mail openly refutes the rumour;
Globe & Mail: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/09/sa...n_14661506.html

Bear in mind that stranger things have happened in american politics lately to get to this point.
I'm not the initiator of those "alternative facts".

--------------------
Held prisoner in Scotland from 1953. Escaped to England in 1970 then to Homeland Canada in 1980.

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 14th Feb 2017, 06:45pm
Post #329

Super Resident
Correction due to errors in uploading edits to prior post.

Yup. I should have said "touted to be" per The Guardian's comments (below) or "rumoured to be" or even 'If Sarah Palin should be the newly appointed...'.

The "facts" were as reported from the;

The Guardian

TorontoSun

CBC

HuffingtonPost

Those must be the comedians you refer to.

However The Globe and Mail openly refutes the rumour;
GlobeAndMail

Bear in mind that stranger things have happened in american politics lately to get to this point.
I'm not the initiator of those "alternative facts".

--------------------

+Quote Post
*Billy Boil*
post 16th Feb 2017, 12:50am
Post #330

QUOTE (Elma @ 14th Feb 2017, 12:36am) *
Ex-POW should should check his facts before posting "alternative facts" on here. Sarah Palin has NOT been appointed US Ambassador to Canada, it is merely a rumour put about by some comedians.

Trouble is Elma, with the regime in Trumpengolia it is nearly impossible to separate the comedians from the administration!!!

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.