Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beautiful Game, Made In Scotland
carmella
post 29th Jun 2004, 03:07pm
Post #76

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Well Ian only time will tell, let's see what happens. I think he will do well at Barca, or any of the big clubs. I think he will always do his best to score for whichever team he plays for! Good hard worker from the minute he steps onto the pitch.

We shall see, it will be interesting to see where he finally settles, it is my hope that it will be Barcelona.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 2nd Jul 2004, 11:09am
Post #77

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
OK guys stay tuned .Big game Sunday Portugal and Greece. May the best team win. Either way there will be dancing and lots of party goers on the streets in Toronto. biggrin.gif

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 2nd Jul 2004, 11:24pm
Post #78

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
Who would have thought, at the start of the Comp,this would be the finalists,thats the beauty of the game,the mighty do fall !!!! I fancy Portugal,just on home advantage. biggrin.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 3rd Jul 2004, 01:53am
Post #79

Mega City Key Holder
Me to Jimmy. Only because my daughter's future in law's are from Portugal. But between you and I am no really caring . biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marg
post 7th Jul 2004, 10:54am
Post #80

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13
here's a couple for you Isobel

http://www.splattheref.co.uk/

http://www.thomasscott.net/flash/beckham/

--------------------
God Bless this wee house!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 7th Jul 2004, 11:18am
Post #81

Mega City Key Holder
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hubert
post 18th Jul 2004, 11:13pm
Post #82

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
Since nobody can post twice in a row in a thread I will use this thread instead of the Old Firm one.
I never saw the game but Celtic beat Fulham at Craven Cottage London, 2-0, today Sunday, John Hartson scored the first and Neil Lennon scored from the penalty spot. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post 4th Oct 2004, 05:41pm
Post #83

Mega City Key Holder
90 Minutes:

Is a BBC Sports programme which started in August.

It's on Mon-Fri and is a show that discusses, warts and all, all aspects of football.

Great wee programme with interviews etc.

Opinions good and bad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotlan...tes/index.shtml

i believe on the show this evening or tomorrow evening, they have an exclusive interview with Henrik Larsson about life at Barcelona - well he's my all time favourite player, so I'm bound to be listening to this one.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 5th Oct 2004, 12:54pm
Post #84

Mega City Key Holder
Had a listen today Carmella ,the show is repeated ,a number of times.Was great, to have it on whilst,doing my chores,just like being at home.Friend came in,and was blown away by the Scottish accents.Made me realise ,just how far we have come.Was not so long ago,I was cursing the short wave radio,whilst trying to hear the games.Look at us now ,nae borrer at aw. Thanks for link Carmella. wink.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
carmella
post 5th Oct 2004, 01:26pm
Post #85

Mega City Key Holder
Aye Jimmy,

Short wave radio, tuning in listening to plays on the Light Programme hehe brings back many memories - radios with condensers in them -

Who would have guessed all those years ago we would be listening to the radio on a computer - blows you away when you think about all of it.

Some of the phone calls to the studio are what get me going. Because some folk get so passionate about the game, they get really carried away with the show's presenters and give them laldy at the same time - passiionate about the game of football.

Some of the calls which are serious calls - are the ones I often find the funniest.

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 5th Oct 2004, 03:33pm
Post #86

Mega City Key Holder
No what you mean Carmella ,hey the presenter Kehrene thingamyjig,where is he from originally?

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 7th Oct 2004, 12:43pm
Post #87

Mega City Key Holder
Sorry Jimmy, I don't know where he originated from - he's on the sports circuit a lot though, and as you know is one of the presenters of the proggy. Kheredine Idessane is his name.

Here's a wee bit you might like to read - oh you might have done already, but here goes........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotlan...resenters.shtml
biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Nerdabel
post 9th Oct 2004, 10:43am
Post #88

Unpacking
Member No.: 1,476
*de-lurks*

Now, there's a question I can answer. I had an Embarrassing Adolescent Crush on Kheredine Idessane quite a few years ago: I was most intrigued by his name, so I wrote to him and asked him where it was from. He said that it was an Arabic name, as his dad is Moroccan. His mum's from Musselburgh. smile.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post 9th Oct 2004, 12:56pm
Post #89

Mega City Key Holder
Well slap ma thighs and cover me all over in maple syrup - now ain't that somethin'?

Hope you got over the wee crush - see we live and learn on here all manner of things discussed! tongue.gif

Well the game has just started Scotland -v- Norway, wonder how well or how badly we shall do!

Only time will tell.

Well for anyone who is interested, I had to edit because I cannot post twice in a row - strange wee rule!

Scotland -v- Norway -Scotland got gubbed at HOME - very bad, so now they're calling for the head of Bertie. I'm listening right now to "Your Call with Jim Traynor" very interesting what everyone who is calling in is saying. Jimmy have a wee listen, first chance you get.

Final Score Scotland 0 - 1 Norway, last I heard. Can or will they sack Bertie before the next game, which I believe is Wednesday?

This post has been edited by carmella: 9th Oct 2004, 04:32pm

--------------------
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
hubert
post 26th Nov 2004, 02:38am
Post #90

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
This week was no bad in Europe for three Scottish teams, sure need some encouragement!
Celtic tied 1-1 at Barcelona, Rangers won 3-0 at Ibrox against an Austrian team, and Hearts beat Basel 2-1 in Switzerland!
Three cheers for the Scots, hip hip hip hooray! Something like that? wink.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.