Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

87 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Partick Thistle, Anniversays next year
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Dec 2012, 09:38am
Post #196

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Looks like we still can't shake off our "Great unpredictable's" tag, never mind, it lets us concentrate on the league, and we still have the Ramsdens cup final to look forward to thumbup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 2nd Dec 2012, 12:01pm
Post #197

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,616
I thought we played well, especially in the second half. The sending-off didn't make that great a difference: despite being a man up and a goal up , Dunfermline were under pressure throughout.
We're still top of the League. 'Mon the Jags!

Durachdan,

Eddy

PS - the link is to an excellent Jags history site

http://partickthistleahistory.wetpaint.com/

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Dec 2012, 06:57am
Post #198

Mega City Key Holder
Today's game away to Cowdenbeath is off, no date for re-arranged fixture.

Only one more game till Xmas (Home to Raith Rovers next Saturday) how time flies.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 8th Dec 2012, 07:31am
Post #199

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Dec 2012, 08:14am) *
Today's game away to Cowdenbeath is off, no date for re-arranged fixture.

Only one more game till Xmas (Home to Raith Rovers next Saturday) how time flies.

You can say that again, The schools broke up this week for the summer holidays with the companies starting to close down as from next friday and already theres a big difference in traffic on the roads

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Dec 2012, 09:43am
Post #200

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 8th Dec 2012, 07:48am) *
You can say that again, The schools broke up this week for the summer holidays with the companies starting to close down as from next friday and already theres a big difference in traffic on the roads

I've never thought of that before Dave, our kids obviously get Summer and Christmas holidays but with your Summer in South Africa clashing with Xmas do the SA kids get time of in your winter and if they do what is the reason?

I'm glad i was brought up in Glasgow, i would hate to have had my xmas dinner on Fair Friday laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 8th Dec 2012, 10:10am
Post #201

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Dec 2012, 11:00am) *
I've never thought of that before Dave, our kids obviously get Summer and Christmas holidays but with your Summer in South Africa clashing with Xmas do the SA kids get time of in your winter and if they do what is the reason?

I'm glad i was brought up in Glasgow, i would hate to have had my xmas dinner on Fair Friday laugh.gif

Hi Jagz, the main holiday for the kids is now until maybe the 14th Jan, with most of the companies closed from the 14th Dec until maybe the 7th Jan.
the school terms here are different with every province setting their own time tables with most of them breaking up at least three times a year for different periods of time.

I would hate to have a traditional sit down Christmas dinner now, its been so long since we did that normally its a get together with friends at one of the houses that allow the kids or should I now say Grandkids to swim in the pool while we all sit around the BBQ talking nonsence.

If we do go away its normally Christmas day on the beach.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Dec 2012, 02:08pm
Post #202

Mega City Key Holder
Fascinating smile.gif

No matter how it's celebrated i hope you and your's have a great time Dave thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
irrie
post 9th Dec 2012, 03:10am
Post #203

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
Good day for the Jags. Still top but now with a game in hand.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th Dec 2012, 10:02am
Post #204

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (irrie @ 9th Dec 2012, 03:27am) *
Good day for the Jags. Still top but now with a game in hand.

Yes, maybe we should leave the undersoil heating of next week and go three points clear with two games in hand laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 11th Dec 2012, 11:52am
Post #205

Mega City Key Holder
My oldest boy turned up with a box of match-day programmes from the last 35 years; I've enjoyed reading through them.
In the pic below from 22nd December 1984 when we were at home to Motherwell, there is mention of the George Restaurant at St. George's Cross. Does anyone remember it?
Anyway, the pic is off the great Jackie Husband with members of the St. George's Cross Supporters' Club at a presentation dinner.
More old Jags stuff to come as I sift through the box.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
irrie
post 11th Dec 2012, 12:11pm
Post #206

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
Look forward to seeing more of your stuff Eddy. Remember the co-op had a restaurant at the cross but dont know if that is the one you mention. Cheers.

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff Eddy. Remember the co-op had a restaurant at the cross but dont know if that is the one you mention. Cheers.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Dec 2012, 06:43pm
Post #207

Mega City Key Holder
Partick Th 3 - 2 Raith Rov. We left it late, but last season we would probably gave up, so better late than never, a bonus to hear Dunfermline dropped two points. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 15th Dec 2012, 07:43pm
Post #208

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Dec 2012, 08:00pm) *
Partick Th 3 - 2 Raith Rov. We left it late, but last season we would probably gave up, so better late than never, a bonus to hear Dunfermline dropped two points. smile.gif

Well it wasn't dull was it? I was pleased at the way we came back to win at the end after gifting them their two goals. Archie is noticeably slower these days and couldn't cope with the SPL, could he?
I thought the referee was awful, I usually refrain from criticizing the man in black - no , honestly - but that was poor.
Nine home games in the league, nine home wins.

Durachdan,

Eddy

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 15th Dec 2012, 09:41pm
Post #209

Mega City Key Holder
Well done Irrie, the George was owned by the Co.

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/stgeorgesrestaurant.html

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Dec 2012, 10:42pm
Post #210

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dimairt @ 15th Dec 2012, 08:00pm) *
Well it wasn't dull was it? I was pleased at the way we came back to win at the end after gifting them their two goals. Archie is noticeably slower these days and couldn't cope with the SPL, could he?
I thought the referee was awful, I usually refrain from criticizing the man in black - no , honestly - but that was poor.
Nine home games in the league, nine home wins.

Durachdan,

Eddy

You're right about Archie Eddy, but if we go up he'll still get a game but i can see him moving into a coaching role eventually.

I didn't want to mention or undefeated home record......You've just jinxed us for the Boxing day game against Morton tongue.gif

+Quote Post

87 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.