Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trident Lack Of Security, Even if a tiny part of these revelations are true, it's terrifying
Melody
post 18th May 2015, 01:43pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
We need to be rid of this sooner rather than later.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-ne...wait.1431860917
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 18th May 2015, 01:53pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
It will certainly be interesting to see if they take any action or just arrest the lad.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 18th May 2015, 01:57pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
I know Betsy, if any part of this proves to be true in my view he should be given a medal.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 19th May 2015, 04:12pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Well - they've got him now.

"He was stopped last night at Edinburgh Airport and is now being held by Royal Navy Police at a military establishment in Scotland.

His report alleged 30 safety and security flaws on the submarines, describing them as a “disaster waiting to happen”.

A Ministry of Defence (MoD) spokesman said today: “We can confirm that Able Seaman McNeilly was apprehended last night and is now in the custody of the Royal Navy Police at a military establishment in Scotland where he is being afforded the duty of care that we give to all of our people.

”The Royal Navy disagrees with McNeilly's subjective and unsubstantiated personal views but we take the operation of our submarines and the safety of our personnel extremely seriously and so continue to fully investigate the circumstances of this issue.“"

Spot the difference though ...
"A Facebook post understood to be from Mr McNeilly's brother said he returned to Scotland last night.

Aaron Lewis wrote: “My brother is safe and well.”

Asked where his brother was, he replied: “He handed himself in last night."

+Quote Post
serabash
post 19th May 2015, 04:19pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
it said on the 6.00 o'clock news on stv last night he was going to hand himself in last night.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 19th May 2015, 04:53pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
I read that too Serabash. We'll see what happens now. What's the betting they'll say he's unbalanced?

+Quote Post
serabash
post 19th May 2015, 05:06pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
aye or he will be found hanging . angry.gif an ex marine that worked on vanguard has just confirmed that the sailors claims are true. he also reported more claims of the dangers when he worked there. sorry should have said this was posted on facebook.

+Quote Post
flam
post 20th May 2015, 09:16am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,044
Is he not just an Able Seaman,probably us lot on this site could do his job.,and did he not sign his contract on MOD act

+Quote Post
serabash
post 20th May 2015, 10:52am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
does it matter what his station is if he see's wrong doing he see's
wrong doing.end of.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 20th May 2015, 01:25pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
what he says is either true or the MOD are employing blatant eejits.

which is worse?

+Quote Post
serabash
post 20th May 2015, 04:47pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
this was posted on facebook.
spent 15 years working for the Royal Navy as a submariner, 12 of which was on-board trident nuclear submarines. I would just like to add that the comments made officially by the MOD are rubbish. I have personally sailed on submarines which had no business leaving the dockside let alone going to sea and I was a member of the on-going crew of HMS Vanguard after its incident with the French submarine and from what I saw with my own eyes, I am inclined to agree with Mr McNeilly's assessment.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 22nd May 2015, 10:10am
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Choice headline here considering we are dumped with it on our doorstep.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-ne...rity.1432279611

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 22nd May 2015, 10:27am
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Trouble is, if they agree with it then they'll take even more money off the poor to buy shiny new ones!

+Quote Post
lubbock
post 22nd May 2015, 12:31pm
Post #14

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 14,540
The guys a Walter Mitty ritually unfounded allegations hope he gets the book thrown at him it's the least he deserves ..

--------------------
Sunny Govan.

+Quote Post
GG
post 17th Jun 2015, 09:44pm
Post #15

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Whistleblower discharged from service over Trident report

A Royal Navy whistleblower who claimed the Trident nuclear programme was a "disaster waiting to happen" has been discharged from the service.

Able seaman William McNeilly went Awol last month after producing a damning 18-page report containing a series of allegations about the Trident submarines based at Faslane.

His report alleged 30 safety and security flaws on the Trident submarines, however, a Ministry of Defence investigation found the claims to be "factually incorrect".

The Royal Navy said it disagreed with Mr McNeilly's "subjective and unsubstantiated" views and said it takes the operation of its submarines and the safety of its personnel extremely seriously.

The 25-year-old from Belfast has posted a new seven-page online post thanking people for their support.

He said he has been given a "dishonourable discharge" and he refused to sign a document discrediting his allegations which would have led to an earlier release for the service.

The whistleblower also quoted Sun Tzu's The Art of War and scripture from the Hebrew bible as well as voicing his opinions on the SNP's case for independence and against the nuclear deterrent.

Mr McNeilly wrote: "Most people know that I acted in the interest of national security.

"However, I was still given a dishonourable discharge from the Royal Navy on the claim that my sole aim was to discredit their public image.

"The truth is, I view the Royal Navy as the greatest navy in history.

"Some people within the Royal Navy have been maliciously spreading the rumour that most of the information in my report is just hearsay. People should read the report before they judge it."

The claims became a major political issue and were raised in the House of Commons. ...

Full story here:
http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1323087-ro...wer-discharged/

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.