Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Castlemilk, the good ole days
stuarty
post 24th Jan 2010, 09:10pm
Post #76

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
QUOTE (joycewilson @ 23rd Oct 2009, 08:17pm) *
Sure is a small world bluezcat that must have been nice for you.
Do you remember Tommy Maxwell, Lynne Flemming, Linda Crosby, John Kerr, Billy Black, Karoline Gibson, Ian Calvert, Alice Fleeting or Grace Reid?
Must be someone we both remember lol

a used to go out way john kerr kerso he was with the young wild team in birgidale and a knew an ann calvert way long red hair did linda crosby have a brother henry and james they lived in the five apartments in ardencrag road next to tormusk road and marie sherriff was in my class at the maggies

--------------------
gie me a wee minite
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ReneH
post 25th Mar 2010, 12:08pm
Post #77

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,140
ah the memories!! i grew up in 7 dougrie street with my sisters ann, margaret and brother billy (hetherington). my sister margaret used to be best pals with john delargy - i remember them getting caught on the roof of the post office - they were always up to some sort of trouble them 2 lol. my sister ann was friends with the gouthers and the taylors who were also from dougrie street.
i remember all the shops as well my sister was the first person in the shop gilbraiths she got a gold tray full of fruit coz she was the first person in. then there was the butchers the bakers and then woolworths which is the oasis now! ahh the good ole days. any one remember any of us would be nice to hear from you smile.gif

Rene

+Quote Post
Castlegirl
post 27th Apr 2010, 01:13pm
Post #78

Visitor
Member No.: 7,088
QUOTE (joycewilson @ 16th Oct 2009, 09:14pm) *
Hiya I remember Mary Sturgeon from your list and the name Jackie Dunbar rings a bell to me as for the rest nope.
What age are you IF its no too cheeky lol Im 48

Shirley Barratt lives in England now and has done for some time. Some of the Barratt clan are on Friends Reunited.

+Quote Post
Castlegirl
post 27th Apr 2010, 01:16pm
Post #79

Visitor
Member No.: 7,088
QUOTE (scoob77 @ 20th Sep 2009, 03:20pm) *
i lived up castlemilk drive, 212 then 204

Did you know the Wlakers and the McNulty's?

+Quote Post
proudmaryhiller
post 2nd May 2010, 02:46am
Post #80

City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,432
Hi I'm a West End girl but I wen't out with a boy from Castlemilk in the 1970's I won't make his name public but from what I can remember he lived in Barlia Drive with his parents and two older sisters,often wondered what happened to him!

--------------------
"I belong to Glasgow"

+Quote Post
Garyt
post 3rd May 2010, 07:34pm
Post #81

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,374
Really enjoyed reading this site, so many names that i remember and still see wandering the streets of Castlemilk from time to time. i lived in Machrie all my young days until they pulled my house down, i was born in this house in the late 60s
Attached Image
I attended Braeside and then Glenwood 1980-84. I hope to hear from any one from the area as it seems i missed out in some of the chat. i went to Primary with Ped Harper, Gary Manson, John/ Andy Hunter, Shiv lal, James Welsh,Steven Cunningham, shug Mcdougal, Mat Jonston, Angela/ Alison/Agnis Bisset(tripplets) from barlia terr. Marie Mckay Carol Mackie to name but a few.

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 12th May 2010, 11:34am
Post #82

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,109
Great pic of Castlemilk in the snow...remember that part well used to go to a few friends houses in Machrie...also Rosynn Ross and Gina McLaughlan who lived at Castlemilk Drive...Wilma Sweeney too....

+Quote Post
Garyt
post 13th May 2010, 10:40pm
Post #83

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,374
Hi joyce im sure my sister hung around with gina , did she stay two closes up from Machrie Rd same close as the Blackshaws.

+Quote Post
joycewilson
post 15th May 2010, 03:42pm
Post #84

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,109
Yep Gary, Gina did stay two closes up from machrie Road.....what is your sisters name?

+Quote Post
**Donna**
post 29th Jun 2010, 11:14am
Post #85

Hi all. i know its been a while since u all posted but was wondering if any of yous remember the quigleys from castlemilk drive?x

+Quote Post
rondo
post 1st Jul 2010, 11:16pm
Post #86

Visitor
Member No.: 7,433
QUOTE (bluezcat @ 26th Oct 2009, 12:31am) *
I can't remember any of those names for definite, though Karoline Gibson rings a bell. Lol. Let's see....do we know anyone in common? Carole Henderson, Moira Anderson, Jim Diamond, Brian Kinnear, Anne Connelly, Catherine Hamilton, John Hamilton, June McWade, Tommy Gemmell, Malcolm McDonald, Charles Barclay, Danny Cusack, Marie and Ian Sherriff , James Chambers, George Bonner, George Smith, Senga Morton, John Ewing, David Findlay, Brian McCluskey, Irene Graham. These are not all from Glenwood, some of them went to St Maggies and other schools but i've forgotten more folk than i can remember. When friends reunited first started i would get e mails from old school pals who obviously knew me, but i didnt have a clue who they were. Lol.

hi is the irene graham her maiden name and did she have sisters sandra annmarie and a bro david if so would you have a way of contacting them for me as they are family iv lost touch with and wid like to find

+Quote Post
bluezcat
post 13th Sep 2010, 02:05pm
Post #87

Settling In
Member No.: 7,342
Hi Rondo, Last i heard The Grahams were in Airdrie. Irene was in contact with me a while back through FR so maybe it's worth you checking to see if she's still on there.

+Quote Post
**billy**
post 23rd Sep 2010, 06:02pm
Post #88

QUOTE (*Donna* @ 29th Jun 2010, 12:16pm) *
Hi all. i know its been a while since u all posted but was wondering if any of yous remember the quigleys from castlemilk drive?x

Yes i know tommy and micheal quigley from castlemilk drive they are my cousins, they moved to south africa in the seventees, tommy is still there and mike is living in gateshead.

+Quote Post
*Anonymous*
post 29th Sep 2010, 10:48pm
Post #89

Hi All

Letting you know that John Fay (fomerly of Ardmaleish Crescent, Ardencraig Road, Castlemilk Drive, Downcraig Road and lastly, Govanhill) passed away on 27/9/10.

May you rest in peace my friend, x

+Quote Post
davie thomson
post 1st Oct 2010, 09:03am
Post #90

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,033
Hi Folks,
I am looking for info about Jimmy Laird ?? He was a Royal Navy Aircraft Handler onboard HMS Eagle in 1966 and he and his family came from Castlemilk. If any of you good folk remember anything about him or his family I would be most grateful.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.