Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hogganfield Loch Cafe
Ruchazie Rat
post 24th Jun 2013, 03:29pm
Post #1

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
What was it called? Anyone have any photos? Were there other shops beside it? I think there were. The inside was sort of art deco, red & white floor tiles. Was there an upstairs seating area, or was that a balcony/roof were you could watch the golfers playing on the course behind the cafe?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RonD
post 25th Jun 2013, 08:29am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
I vaguely remember it, but we brought our own sandwiches :-). Was it near where you rented the row boats?

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 25th Jun 2013, 02:16pm
Post #3

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
Yep, it was directly opposite. Between the cafe and the row boat area ran the big concrete path/road which circled the loch, breaking off to head in a southerly direction at the circle`s south-east quarter taking you to the road running along the north end of the two primary schools, one of them St Philips.

Back at the cafe/rowing boat gate, the concrete path`s west direction took you to a north-south running main road outside the park with lots of greenland on it`s other side, including a path leading down to a farm growing lots of rhubarb, (which tasted good!!).

I`m surprised there ain`t no photos, so far, as the cafe, especially inside, was a great example of the architecture of its` day... art-deco maybe, or perhaps pre-war, I think.

+Quote Post
**whoami**
post 5th Feb 2016, 12:02am
Post #4

There where two cafe's one called The Golfer's Rest which was situated at the traffic lights on Cumbernauld Road as you turn the corner to go to Ruchazie Road .it was a lovely big cafe ,always immaculately clean .

The other cafe was at the entrance of hogganfield loch and I can't think of the name , I remember it changed to an Indian restaurant, and it was laying. Vacant last time I sÓw it.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 6th Feb 2016, 09:20am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
we used to go our family sunday walk there every week and pop in for some ice cream.

cant remember its name either but i worked in the golf course behind it years later and there where pics of it up in the hall of lethamhill.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Oct 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.