Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Coffee Cup At Parkhead, american style
dizzybint
post 27th Oct 2010, 06:03pm
Post #1

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
Who minds the American style 50s cafe at Parkhead on a corner near the church, it was briliant, with half moon waltzer seats and a wee juke box at ever table.. was never busy but nice wee place ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Angel Eyes
post 17th Nov 2010, 08:45pm
Post #2

Settling In
Member No.: 7,743
Hi. Sorry, nothing to do with your posting, but I'm dyin' to find out where I could find any old photos of Camlachie Swing Park which was roughly where the top end of the retail park is now on the Gallowgate. Can anybody help with this please?

+Quote Post
*mary mc govern*
post 2nd Dec 2010, 03:34pm
Post #3

I remember the Coffee cup, myself and mates used to sit in there when it was cold.smile.gif

Fond memories.

+Quote Post
*Backcauseway*
post 8th Apr 2011, 10:31pm
Post #4

Used to sit in this cafe and watch the world go by on Westmuir Street. I seem to recall another cafe opposite the Granada in Duke Street at Parkhead Cross. Used to get a lunch time mushroom omlete and chips.

+Quote Post
*nfriel*
post 20th Mar 2012, 11:46pm
Post #5

My mum used to work in the coffee cup in the 80/90s. her name is sharon friel, if anyone remembers her :-)

+Quote Post
olly12
post 8th Mar 2013, 05:26pm
Post #6

Visitor
Member No.: 6,105
Remember it well,my ma got her messages at curleys,she would send us into the coffee cup for a cold drink,I loved going in there great memories wish I could turn back the clock IWas up there at park head it is all gone now how sad great days.

+Quote Post
serabash
post 8th Mar 2013, 05:49pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
QUOTE (Backcauseway @ 8th Apr 2011, 10:48pm) *
Used to sit in this cafe and watch the world go by on Westmuir Street. I seem to recall another cafe opposite the Granada in Duke Street at Parkhead Cross. Used to get a lunch time mushroom omlete and chips.

The caf'e on Duke st was the bon appetit it was owned by the mateo family that also owned the duke of torraine also duke st later tollcross rd then the city merchant on Ingram st.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.