Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gordon Street Restaurant In 60`s Or Early 70`, one of their dishes was cheese pies with cheesesauce and chips
Agnes & Robert
post 1st Jan 2009, 06:48am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 18th Oct 2008, 08:36pm) *
No. The Ca'd'oro is a big building at corner of Union Street & Gordon Street. Had a big fire years ago but was re-instated. It had a Stakis basement restaurant in basement El Guero (late fifties early sixties). Reo Stakis also had his lace importing offices here.

I can still visualise tha C'adora ,fantastic restaurant ,that area was my favourite part of town
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Agnes & Robert
post 1st Jan 2009, 10:14pm
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
QUOTE (Guest irene * @ 6th Oct 2008, 11:19pm) *
There were other things on he menu but the cheese pies and sauce were the most memorable,it was very busy and there was seating upstairs. I think it is now the Halifax in Gordon Street. I would be over the moon if anyone could tell me it`s name

This the Bank that you are talking about my Wife and I use this Bank as you know it is now called Halifax

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jimmuck
post 15th Oct 2010, 02:46am
Post #18

Resident
Member No.: 546
My mother used to work in a "James Craig's Tearooms" in Gordon St (1947 on) and I believe that it was near Thomas Cook's Travel Offices.

--------------------
"Watch Yurr Mooth!"

+Quote Post
*Backcauseway*
post 8th Apr 2011, 10:38pm
Post #19

Reids in Gordon street. Downstairs used to meet the lads after work in it before going to a tennis match in the late 1950s to maybe mid 1960s. Used to do macaroni cheese and chips.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.