Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When And Where Did Queenslie Go?, Beam Me Up Scottie When
*william conlin*
post 11th Dec 2010, 06:20am
Post #46

QUOTE (Riddrieperson @ 15th May 2005, 10:07am) *
I am trying find out for you when the estate was built.The original estate has expanded and new factories have replaced some of the older ones.I do know that a soap factory was opened there in 1988 (Soapworks,which was started by Annita Roddick,now of Body Shop fame) so it must be at least 20 years.Older and wiser people than me may able to come up with the exact date.When did you leave Easterhouse? biggrin.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*william conlin*
post 11th Dec 2010, 06:22am
Post #47

QUOTE (Riddrieperson @ 15th May 2005, 10:07am) *
I am trying find out for you when the estate was built.The original estate has expanded and new factories have replaced some of the older ones.I do know that a soap factory was opened there in 1988 (Soapworks,which was started by Annita Roddick,now of Body Shop fame) so it must be at least 20 years.Older and wiser people than me may able to come up with the exact date.When did you leave Easterhouse? biggrin.gif

I thinkit was 1955 we moved there in 56 i was born in 1957 and lived in 17 penston road then years later moved to 20 horndean

+Quote Post
*william conlin*
post 11th Dec 2010, 06:29am
Post #48

QUOTE (keylock000 @ 4th Oct 2010, 09:17pm) *
Only going on what I have been told, but I’m happy to be corrected by anyone who grew up there
Regards keylock000

Queenslie was definately not a catholic sheme i assure you. it had a mix catholics attended the greg(st gregorys) the others like myself attended garthamlock

+Quote Post
*william conlin*
post 11th Dec 2010, 06:37am
Post #49

QUOTE (Tommy McMillan @ 17th Jan 2010, 12:40pm) *
i was born in Queenslie in 1957 me and family lived at 31 Penston Road.My Mum & Dad where Catherine And Arthur McMillan My Brothers Where David. Arthur.James. Richard. William .And my Sister was Nancy went to Queenslie primary school from 1963 until 1969 some great teachers before going to gathamlock secondary school then moving to manchester in 1972.my auntie and uncle stayed horneden crescent next to 51 bus stop.

Hi Tam. remember you all well. i was in 17 the hoose wie the big garden and me n tamMcbain used to play games involving hit the cans doon and get a fitbaw card if ye lost we got two in return lol. do u remember miss JAPP she was a hotty in those days as the rest were all old school, and i remember the arrival of miss Beck teacher fae hell well canada. and she rubbed ma chewing gum all over ma heed cos a was blowin bubbles, i had to go to cranhill tae barneys caravan and get a skin heed lol. this was b4 they built the free hairdesser training college.remeber the big shout man. bill the icy.the quarry.and the penston road bonfires they rocked

+Quote Post
*ally gillanders*
post 29th Dec 2010, 02:11pm
Post #50

hi im ally gillanders lived at 37 penston road next door to the broons then the jardins mortimors at no 39 you had the wards wee mr rutherford Angus and Tam shaw what a great place

+Quote Post
*ally gillanders*
post 29th Dec 2010, 02:24pm
Post #51

QUOTE (william conlin @ 11th Dec 2010, 06:15am) *
Hi Tam. remember you all well. i was in 17 the hoose wie the big garden and me n tamMcbain used to play games involving hit the cans doon and get a fitbaw card if ye lost we got two in return lol. do u remember miss JAPP she was a hotty in those days as the rest were all old school, and i remember the arrival of miss Beck teacher fae hell well canada. and she rubbed ma chewing gum all over ma heed cos a was blowin bubbles, i had to go to cranhill tae barneys caravan and get a skin heed lol. this was b4 they built the free hairdesser training college.remeber the big shout man. bill the icy.the quarry.and the penston road bonfires they rocked

hi im ally gillanders lived at 37 penston rd next door to the broons we had the jardins mortimors at 39 you had the wards mr rutherford Angus and Tam shaw what a great place

+Quote Post
milligac
post 2nd Jun 2011, 01:26pm
Post #52

Unpacking
Member No.: 10,991
QUOTE (NettieWriter @ 21st Aug 2010, 10:44am) *
I lived at 14 Horndean crescent from when I was born until 1982 when we moved to Carntyne. Dad had lung cancer and couldn't manage the stairs anymore so we got the extra points needed to enable us to move. I lived opposite primary school and the 'new' nursery school.

Further to previous posts, I don't remember it being a catholic scheme. There was a mix - the primary school was non-denominational and loads of us went to Garthamlock Secondary.

I remember the wonderful views we had across Glasgow from our top floor flat. I'm looking for photos for research for a book I am writing, so if anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

Nettie Thomson

(Annette McDevitt)

+Quote Post
milligac
post 2nd Jun 2011, 01:31pm
Post #53

Unpacking
Hi Annette, sorry i dont have any photos.the only one i may be able to get is from us at the primary school with miss Leonard I think it was.Great to hear your doing a book.i'm charles milligan i now live in northern ireland.please keep me posted about your book what is it about? Cheers Charly smile.gif

+Quote Post
milligac
post 2nd Jun 2011, 01:39pm
Post #54

Unpacking
QUOTE (Queenslie Wean @ 14th Oct 2010, 04:28pm) *
Hello folks.

I've updated the wikipedia page on Quenslie (see link below) and would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenslie

I grew up in 82 Horndean Crescent and lived there for 20 years and loved the place to bits.....still miss the community to this day.

Still bump into loads of people from Queenslie and the immediate thing that happens is laughter as we think back about the old place. Still a bit confused why they never developed a mix of private and rented houses on the site as it was the ideal place to do so.

If anyone has any photos I'll happilly upload them to the wiki website or add any other relevant info.

All the best
Eddie

+Quote Post
milligac
post 2nd Jun 2011, 01:42pm
Post #55

Unpacking
hi Eddie I lived there too from 1962 to 1984. I loved the place.The only Eddie I know is Edward Park. I'm Charles Milligan I now live in Northern Ireland but still love the memories of Old Queenslie!!!!!!Cheers Charly

+Quote Post
milligac
post 2nd Jun 2011, 01:46pm
Post #56

Unpacking
QUOTE (Queenslie Wean @ 14th Oct 2010, 04:28pm) *
Hello folks.

I've updated the wikipedia page on Quenslie (see link below) and would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenslie

I grew up in 82 Horndean Crescent and lived there for 20 years and loved the place to bits.....still miss the community to this day.

Still bump into loads of people from Queenslie and the immediate thing that happens is laughter as we think back about the old place. Still a bit confused why they never developed a mix of private and rented houses on the site as it was the ideal place to do so.

If anyone has any photos I'll happilly upload them to the wiki website or add any other relevant info.

All the best
Eddie

+Quote Post
milligac
post 4th Jun 2011, 06:42pm
Post #57

Unpacking
QUOTE (Raymond @ 5th Apr 2010, 01:37pm) *
Hi folks I lived at 86 horndean crescent ( I think - My memory isn't what it used to be.) We left when I was 7 or 8 years old. Anyway we lived on the ground floor. Mum and dad were Helen and Fred Toms and kids were Bryan, Raymond and Derek. I had pals called Thomas dickson upstairs and brian and alan devlin next close. There was wully Jamieson up at the top of the crescent and several others I canny remember, lol.

I would be good to see some pictures of the old place.

Anyone remember us?

+Quote Post
Gemini
post 12th Jun 2011, 12:32pm
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 193
I used to work in the Canda that was the factory for the C&A dept store and it was managed by Mr green who oversaw the whole place then there was Mr Clark who had the dress dept thats who I worked for but I don,t remember who was in charge of the coat dept, I really loved that job, it was one of my first jobs.

+Quote Post
*Bill Logan*
post 12th Jan 2012, 07:12pm
Post #59

Hi just found this seen a lot of old names I remember used to live a 4 Horndean mum was Winnie Logan now live in England got lots of memories of Queenslie grew up there from 1964 to 1991 went to both Queenslie Primary and Garthamlock Secondry

+Quote Post
barr
post 16th Dec 2012, 07:56pm
Post #60

Unpacking
Member No.: 14,705
QUOTE (angie spence @ 10th May 2009, 07:25pm) *
hi i used to live in no 4 lonmay path till 1977 when i moved back to england, does anyone remember the pattersons? and the morrisons and the boyles that live in the same block

gees never have been back there but my daughter married a guy from scotland and oddly enough she now lives in scotland maybe one day i will get the chance to go back and see all the changes that have taken place.

fondest memories
angie

hi angie my names kenny barrett i remember you from queenslie can you remember me it a long time ago?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.