Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

188 Pages V  « < 186 187 188  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 05:19pm
Post #2806

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 25th Jun 2017, 04:47pm) *
So that rant is your attempt to explain why the bin collection is in such a state because of EU directives? PATHETIC! That's like all you fools who blame the EU for UK's immigration problem, when the answer lay with WM, but they chose to do nothing.

I gave you the eu directive, the council tells us they have to enforce recycling to abide by the rules to cut costs. If there was no EU directive would there be landfill taxes enforced on the public and councils on top of charges, probably not.
I should have guessed it was somehow to do with bullfighting, unlikely as that may seem to any sane person. BTW are you stupid enough to think that I know little about UK's waste disposal problems, after I patiently explained that I do?

I actually said bullfighting in my previous post. You moved 10 years ago, unless you have had bins left un-emptied, been part of pointless consultations when they did what they wanted anyway, been refused entry to council depots because you hired a van to move an old suite/garden rubbish/bath/etc then no you dont know about the problems with waste.. Fly tipping, despite having costly fines is up and it's east to see why.
I see you are awfa fond of your latest wee, sneery saying- ES.N.P. Did you think that one up all on your own, during your enforced absence from the board?

Enforced?? what are you on about?
Spain may be a net beneficiary of the EU, but they actually use the money to improve the lives of the inhabitants, as do local councils. The evidence is all around us. There may be corruption in politics, but I bet it is no worse than in UK, just more upfront, with frequent prosecutions, something that rarely happens to the establishment-protected criminals in UK. You clearly know little of Spain, except through the UK media, heaven help you!
I know they love the EU because they sponge off it, easy to have low taxes when someone else picks up the bill.
I meant to mention, in reply to a previous personal slur. that I must be the least successful tax-dodger in history, as I pay considerably more here in income tax than I would in UK. I hope that fact brightens your day.

Kinda buggers up your couldn't afford to live in the UK point doesn't it

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 05:25pm
Post #2807

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:00pm) *
I am wondering , john mcn .
if your nasty attitude towards
a member of this board regarding
he and his wife's decision to settle
in spain in their retirement applies
only to him or all of those retirees
who now live in Spain .

Just a thought I have when
I read your posts .

I
do
unto
those
who
would
do
unto
me.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 05:38pm
Post #2808

Mega City Key Holder
bilbo dragged up a quesion he previously told me not to reply to, he raised the Spain bit again not I. He has posted in this thread since the 19th as have I and didn't seem to bother with that question he told me not to reply to until i post news of the deal the UK government offered the EU to maintain EU citizens, and UK citizens rights across the continent, suddenly he asks me to reply to that to start an argument. Cant be because he wants to bury the post that shows the UK government putting the EU on its back heels can it.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
angel
post 25th Jun 2017, 05:58pm
Post #2809

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:25pm) *
I
do
unto
those
who
would
do
unto
me.

I'm thinking that you suffer from an inferiority complex .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 25th Jun 2017, 06:57pm
Post #2810

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2017, 07:58pm) *

That's no complex. Boom, boom! laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 07:05pm
Post #2811

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2017, 05:58pm) *

aw shucks Angel, anyone reading that would think you didn't luv me laugh.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 25th Jun 2017, 07:11pm
Post #2812

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 07:38pm) *
bilbo dragged up a quesion he previously told me not to reply to, he raised the Spain bit again not I. He has posted in this thread since the 19th as have I and didn't seem to bother with that question he told me not to reply to until i post news of the deal the UK government offered the EU to maintain EU citizens, and UK citizens rights across the continent, suddenly he asks me to reply to that to start an argument. Cant be because he wants to bury the post that shows the UK government putting the EU on its back heels can it.

You get more deranged by the day. I had completely forgotten about the Recycling issue until now.

You really are living on another planet, if you consider that the bunch of wallies in charge of the WM gov. have put the EU on its "back heels", as you put it. The plain fact is that May's "generous" offer falls short of EU's requirements - an EU which is far more interested in protecting the rights of people, both UK and EU. Of course, none of that is of interest to a person who disses any achievements of the EU or the Scottish Government, because they are of no benefit to him personally. Talk about self-centred!
We'll just scrap the new Forth crossing and the Aberdeen by-pass, because John McNumpty has no need of them. Careful , John, you'll be advocating closing down institutions which you may be needing shortly, if your post are any indication.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 25th Jun 2017, 07:32pm
Post #2813

Mega City Key Holder
Did you also forget you didn't want a reply

I didn't diss all achievements, i rejected the insistence that I had benefited from them, go back and read it.
Does Jagz acknowledge the Erskine bridge tolls were removed by a Labour administration and are probably far more beneficial to us West coasters than a forth rd one when it's better going up the M80. Put it this way, i had a book of 54p tickets for the Erskine bridge, never needed one for the Forth rd bridge.

The rest of your rant is just founded on your wrong assumption, carry on ya sad wee man.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
angel
post 25th Jun 2017, 09:39pm
Post #2814

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 06:05pm) *
aw shucks Angel, anyone reading that would think you didn't luv me laugh.gif

Yes , you just never can tell .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jun 2017, 09:59am
Post #2815

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 25th Jun 2017, 08:32pm) *
Does Jagz acknowledge the Erskine bridge tolls were removed by a Labour administration and are probably far more beneficial to us West coasters

Well done the Labour party in Scotland. laugh.gif

Whatever became of them? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 26th Jun 2017, 05:22pm
Post #2816

Mega City Key Holder

Well 717,000 people voted for them at the GE and they took 6 seats from the SNP. They are just 260,000 votes behind the SNP and if you think thats unachievable then why do you think you can overturn the Indyref result of almost 400,000

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Y'day, 10:26pm
Post #2817

Mega City Key Holder
Suddenly that outrageous fine handed down to google all makes sense.

Brexit 'will blow hole in budget', EU commissioner warns

The UK's departure from the EU will leave a budget shortfall of at least ¤10bn (£8.8bn; $11.4bn), the budget commissioner has warned.
Günther Oettinger said the bloc must either spend less or find new money to fill the gap, equivalent to an estimated 16% of the entire budget.
Among the options on the table could be less generous payments to farmers or a tax on financial transactions.
"A big country, a net contributor is leaving," Mr Oettinger said.
"That must have consequences."
Mr Oettinger said each euro spent must have a positive impact on people's lives, as he presented a discussion paper on the EU's future.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

188 Pages V  « < 186 187 188
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.