Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

247 Pages V  « < 245 246 247  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 09:10pm
Post #3691

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 23rd Jun 2018, 11:47am) *
In fighting going on at National level

Danny Harris

But enough of the Conservative and Unionist party problems. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 10:00pm
Post #3692

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 23rd Jun 2018, 10:10pm) *
But enough of the Conservative and Unionist party problems. :lol:

Jagz it would be nice if just for once you would respond to my posts without being a smart Alec. I have taken note of Ashfield's comment about it being tiring that I go on about you and Bilbo.

I would ask him to put himself in my position. I make a comment regarding ongoing issues within EU countries. What is Jagz response? "But enough of the Conservative and Unionist party problems"
That is playground behaviour.

You obviously don't want to participate in any meaningful dialogue with anyone who voted to leave the EU.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 10:15pm
Post #3693

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 23rd Jun 2018, 02:22pm) *
Danny, is it possible for you to make a point here without making an aside about Bilbo and JAGZ? Quite frankly it’s becoming tedious.

I must have missed your reply to my post about the UK being £15billion a year worse off after brexit. As for Airbus, they are not alone in warning about the potential trading difficulties stemming from the UK leaving the EU without a deal. Siemens have joined them and BMW in issuing a similar warning. It’s being dismissed by the usual suspects as a “political” stunt, those who keep saying “we’ll trade our way out of the deficit”. Tell that to the exemployees of Maplins, Poundland, Mothercare etc who have all foundered in the financial climate created by the leave vote. M&S, Debenhams, House of Fraser are all shrinking for the same reason.

But good news, more money for the NHS. Bad news is, the lie about the £350m a week being redirected means higher taxes for us all........what a surprise :eyebrow:

Ashfield, I should have looked up the date I responded to your post. Enough to say that I said it was refreshing to read a post of that type, just as the above one is.

Regarding your comment about me making asides about Bilbo and Jagz, I can see where you are coming from. However, from my perspective, most of the time I submit a post, I am usually ridiculed by those two and Wombat. They make no attempt to address the issues I raise, or address.

I will take your comment aboard, as it is good to have someone participating in this topic, who is prepared to enter into discussion.

It is late at night, so I will respond tomorrow to the issues you have raised.

Regards

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 09:25am
Post #3694

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 23rd Jun 2018, 11:00pm) *
Jagz it would be nice if just for once you would respond to my posts without being a smart Alec. I have taken note of Ashfield's comment about it being tiring that I go on about you and Bilbo.

I would ask him to put himself in my position. I make a comment regarding ongoing issues within EU countries. What is Jagz response? "But enough of the Conservative and Unionist party problems"
That is playground behaviour.

You obviously don't want to participate in any meaningful dialogue with anyone who voted to leave the EU.

Danny

Come on now Danny, a little bit of leg pulling doesn't justify personal insults (especially after complaining about playground behaviour) and every country has it's problems and ongoing issues, non more so than the UK.

I do participate in meaningful dialogue with people who voted to leave the EU, i recently discussed my concerns over EU food standards that we may lose if we allow Westminster to take the devolved powers away from us.

Can you honestly say that after two years that you are happy with the way the Brexit negotiations have gone?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 09:52am
Post #3695

Mega City Key Holder
It's alright for Boris and his fellow separatist Rees-Mogg who can afford to live with the consequences of their folly. angry.gif

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/0...iness-concerns/

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 11:30am
Post #3696

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
When we build a whole aircraft and not just wings , when we can build our own cars and not be kit makers for overseas companies and sell them worldwide , when we can build our own total GPS system and not part of a system, when we stop being IKEA kit builders for foreign companies, when Dyson and his ilk manufacture in the UK then and only then perhaps only then we could consider Brexit but if we can achieve the above we will have great influence in the EU to construct a better world and there will be no reason to risk the destruction of European Peace . Until then we stay!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 02:03pm
Post #3697

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 23rd Jun 2018, 02:22pm) *
Danny, is it possible for you to make a point here without making an aside about Bilbo and JAGZ? Quite frankly it’s becoming tedious.

I must have missed your reply to my post about the UK being £15billion a year worse off after Brexit. As for Airbus, they are not alone in warning about the potential trading difficulties stemming from the UK leaving the EU without a deal. Siemens have joined them and BMW in issuing a similar warning. It’s being dismissed by the usual suspects as a “political” stunt, those who keep saying “we’ll trade our way out of the deficit”. Tell that to the exemployees of Maplins, Poundland, Mothercare etc who have all foundered in the financial climate created by the leave vote. M&S, Debenhams, House of Fraser are all shrinking for the same reason.

But good news, more money for the NHS. Bad news is, the lie about the £350m a week being redirected means higher taxes for us all........what a surprise :eyebrow:

Hi Ashfield

I have come back again to discuss your post. It is refreshing to get a post that creates debate. I am going to express some opinions that will differ from yours, but I am not aiming to rubbish your opinions. I am merely responding on how I view the issues you have raised.

Before I do that, my reply tom you was posted on the 14th June under the topic regarding Scottish Independence (I hope!)

I have to disagree with youon the reason for closures of stores like M&S, Maplins etc first.

In my humble opinion, many retail companies are closing their stores for more than one reason. Take M&S, for example. Over the years, this company has generated a feeling within the general public, that their food products are superior in quality to other food retail outlets. If you take Lidl's for example, they are expanding throughout Scotland, and they are a German company. Their food is much cheaper than M&S.

When it comes to clothes, M&S hasn't woken up to the fact that shoppers are more savvy nowadays.
They can read on the labels that the clothes offered by M&S come from the same Far Eastern countries that their competitors are selling. The same sweat shops, but M&S are charging over the odds.

I totally disagree with you that these closures are a result of Brexit. you will recall that Sir Philip Green sold BHS for £1 to a chancer. The BHS stores closed soon after. There was an ongoing dispute regarding the staff pensions. Nothing to do with Brexit.

Regarding Maplins, I would put them in the same situation as other DIY retailers. The Internet.
I now purchase most of my garden, electrical, and other tools, online, or via mail order catalogue.

Amazon is wiping the floor with the retail industry. This is the future. They are now going to trial Drone deliveries. They have robotic machines which go around the warehouse, to select, and deliver items to the appropriate dispatch area.

When I say this is the future, we also have to take into account the attitude of the upcoming generations. They are buying technlogy which enables them to sit on the couch, point a remote control at their TV screen and get the kettle boiled. They can also get the curtains to open and close using their remote control. Obviously they can do much more than that. The point I am making is, will future generations bother to get up off their backsides to go to the shops?

Glasgow City Council don't want people to come into town using cars. I had to go into Glasgow to pick up a relative at Queen St railway station. I had to use an enclosed car park. It cost me £4 for twenty five minutes. Will I go into Glasgow to shop?

So I hope there is nothinginmy post to cause you offence Ashfield. I know I have prattled on enough, but I will be back again to discuss Airbus.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 02:15pm
Post #3698

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 24th Jun 2018, 12:30pm) *
When we build a whole aircraft and not just wings , when we can build our own cars and not be kit makers for overseas companies and sell them worldwide , when we can build our own total GPS system and not part of a system, when we stop being IKEA kit builders for foreign companies, when Dyson and his ilk manufacture in the UK then and only then perhaps only then we could consider Brexit but if we can achieve the above we will have great influence in the EU to construct a better world and there will be no reason to risk the destruction of European Peace . Until then we stay!

Bilbo

For once I am in agreement with you. Well with at least one part of your post. By the way who is the originator of the above post?

Regarding car manufacturing. Totally agree with you that it would make the world a safer place if we built our own cars. You may have noticed the Americans, not the EU, investigated the carbon emmissions from Volkswagon and Audi cars. Oh dear, both had installed software in their cars to give false readings to enable the cars to pass the required emissions standards. Didn't matter to these two car manufacturers that they would be poisoning thousands of people throughout the world.

Fills me with confidence how the EU relies on America to uphold EU rules.

Danny Harris

+Quote Post

247 Pages V  « < 245 246 247
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jun 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.