Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

340 Pages V  « < 319 320 321 322 323 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
DannyH
post 12th Oct 2019, 10:34pm
Post #4801

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 12th Oct 2019, 11:09pm) *
I am seriously struggling to see the relevance of the previous post to the headed topic, but then that's Danny Boy for you.

Bilbo

Your pals are going on about Gove. So you are being selective. Gove wasn’t an issue on the EU referendum ballot paper.

So while I am responding to your latest post, I just want to say as someone who watched his beloved mother of 86 years, die a slow horrible final three years of her life with Dementia, and who now has someone of the same age who is very, very, dear to me, starting to go down the same horrible route, I have nothing but absolute contempt for you.

You say you left the UK because your wife had health problems. I truly wish your beloved wife no ill will, but on behalf of the many millions of Dementia sufferers throughout the world, I sincerely hope Dementia has not, and will not visit her.

It is one thing to criticise my opinions, it is degrading for all concerned to say I am suffering from Dementia.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 13th Oct 2019, 07:29am
Post #4802

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (DannyH @ 12th Oct 2019, 11:09pm) *
Hi Ashfield
Firstly let’s forget about my positives of Brexit. Let’s forget about Gove also. I didn’t know he was an issue we were voting on.

No let’s get to the reality of what is happening to people in Scotland right now.

You ask me, in effect, how I get to associate a huge find of contraband drugs being found with “freedom of movement” and people trafficking..

Okay. Firstly, I did not mention shadowy Eastern European’s , you did. And you did this for effect, to make me look biased towards Eastern European’s.
So don’t come the old soldier. I did not mention any nationality.

If you don’t think that 50 tons of drugs coming illegally into the UK is not cause for concern, okay.

Danny

Danny, I should know better than to get into a discussion with you on any topic. Yet again you have either deliberately or mistakenly missed the point I was making. You choose random words and phrases and go off on one.

The point of my post was that, post Brexit, our borders will be less secure and the potential for illegal drugs being sold on our streets will increase rather than decrease. Whilst you're busy worrying about freedom of movement, it's our home grown thugs that cause the misery.

As for life experience, you don't know what I've done in my life so don't make assumptions you know better than any of us.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Oct 2019, 09:57am
Post #4803

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 13th Oct 2019, 08:29am) *
Danny, I should know better than to get into a discussion with you on any topic. Yet again you have either deliberately or mistakenly missed the point I was making. You choose random words and phrases and go off on one.

The point of my post was that, post Brexit, our borders will be less secure and the potential for illegal drugs being sold on our streets will increase rather than decrease. Whilst you're busy worrying about freedom of movement, it's our home grown thugs that cause the misery.

As for life experience, you don't know what I've done in my life so don't make assumptions you know better than any of us.

Ashfield, I don’t accept that our borders will be less secure post Brexit, if we leave the EU. So let’s leave it at that.

I want to concentrate on your claim that it is home grown thugs who cause the misery.

In yesterday’s newspapers it was widely reported that four Europeans were involved in people trafficking into Govanhill, in Glasgow, for the last six years! Young women had been duped into coming here for a better life, from Slovakia.

One of the victims of this gang was sold for 10,000 to a Pakistani, in order to enable him to get a marriage visa which would enable him to remain in
The UK.

Other victims were sold into prostitution. Think of the horrors that existence must have brought to these young women.

So as far as I am concerned, your attitude reminds me of the story of “The Emperor Wore No Clothes”

I have seen no comments from your pals the Three Amigos regarding people trafficking into the UK, or the 50 tons of drugs found in fruit delivery vans from EU countries. No, No, they are more concerned about Gove. He is a Tory. Let’s get him Boys!

I agree I don’t know what you have done in your life. However you are talking to me as if I am so naive, that I am unaware of the problems caused by ‘home grown thugs’. That’s why I expanded my post to you, to try and get across that I am not the Demented old man portrayed by another person on this Topic.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Oct 2019, 10:28am
Post #4804

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 12th Oct 2019, 11:34pm) *
Your pals are going on about Gove. So you are being selective. Gove wasn’t an issue on the EU referendum ballot paper.

Danny

You do know who Michael Gove is and why he's mentioned in a Brexit thread don't you Danny? unsure.gif

And since you introduced sectarianism into this thread by making false accusations about me, then this should interest you and help you understand what sectarianism really is.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/nor...s-38202620.html

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Oct 2019, 10:39am
Post #4805

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 12th Oct 2019, 10:19pm) *
Jagz, you are confusing wisdom with experience. I have never claimed to be wise. I have just used experiences throughout my life.

Danny

I was responding to a post that Kem made about the thread topic, why do you think everything is about you,

You talk about your National service day's as though we all owe you a debt of thanks for saving the country, well i'll reserve my thanks for the like's of my Father (and everyone elses) who fought against fascism for six long years in real theatres of war.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 13th Oct 2019, 01:21pm
Post #4806

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
In my view, she hasn't put a foot wrong so far in her anti-Brexit campaign; as a Scottish remainer I've believed her every word. But is she now, I wonder.

Why put her foot down now, at such a delicate stage and with opposition unity so vital?

Brexit is the current issue, not indyref. I have discussed the consequences of British independence upon Scottish independence, however in my view both are problematic and to mix them up spells double trouble.

She would do better in my opinion not to force the issue of Scottish independence at this crucial Brexit juncture, to pretend that one exit is somehow beneficial compared to the other. If Brexit has achieved anything thus far, then it has exposed this kind of politics for what it really is, and has excoriated any gloss indyref appeared to wear to all but the willfully blind.

To use a more unfortunate phrase, I still hope First Minister Sturgeon is not one for masks when it comes to addressing the nation, but is this a sign that one may be slipping?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scot...litics-50013578

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 13th Oct 2019, 01:46pm
Post #4807

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (carmella @ 12th Oct 2019, 11:24am) *
... we should have had all the information.

JUST SAYIN’

My son delayed his visit to me in order to vote in the referendum.
I asked him how he might vote and his answer was `Leave'.
I didn't ask him why but did ask him to first read the `Treaty of Lisbon' before voting.
He assured me he would do.

He voted `Remain'

Just saying biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 13th Oct 2019, 02:28pm
Post #4808

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Oct 2019, 11:28am) *
You do know who Michael Gove is and why he's mentioned in a Brexit thread don't you Danny? :unsure:

And since you introduced sectarianism into this thread by making false accusations about me, then this should interest you and help you understand what sectarianism really is.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/nor...s-38202620.html

Jagz, I do know who Michael Gove is. So he is mentioned in this topic as being relative to it, but his appearance is such that one of your pals felt like throwing up his breakfast just looking at a photo submitted by the Amigo in Australia? Now that is what I call real meaningful debating.

Jagz, I was brought up in Glasgow. I don’t have to go on to any link regarding sectarianism. I have relatives of different religious persuasions, like many extended Glasgow families. We live in harmony.

Look, when I first started using this forum, I was only asked to enter a pseudonym and a pass word. There was no requirement to enter the name of the football team I support. If there was, I would have entered None. In fact I wouldn’t have participated in this forum.

So when the number of topics on this website are added up, and the number of people who have used this website over the same period have been added up, why did you mention Ranger supporters? Where did you get the statistics from? You seem to conveniently forget that you recently mentioned the absence of the “Usual suspects” from this forum. So could you please give us all a breakdown of what teams the usual suspects support?

It was you who voiced surprise that any Celtic supporters would vote Tory.
You couldn’t let it go at that. No you brought in the issue of Anti British songs, causing embarrassment to these Tory voting Celtic supporters. There was no need to go down that road on this forum. I make no apology to you. Your comments were inappropriate for a Glasgow based forum.

If the link you have posted, gives proof of Gove’s link or sympathy with the Orange Order, what do you expect me to say? I didn’t vote for any political party at the Brexit referendum. If he is sectarian, am I supposed to think this revelation should make me change my mind about leaving the EU?

Perhaps if you and your pals had treated people who voted to LEAVE, with respect, instead of ganging up on them, we may have had a friendly forum. Sadly it is only a few numpties, myself included, who have turned it into a Wild West show.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Oct 2019, 03:45pm
Post #4809

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 13th Oct 2019, 03:28pm) *
Jagz, I do know who Michael Gove is. So he is mentioned in this topic as being relative to it, but his appearance is such that one of your pals felt like throwing up his breakfast.

Jagz, I was brought up in Glasgow. I don’t have to go on to any link regarding sectarianism. I have relatives of different religious persuasions, like many extended Glasgow families. We live in harmony.

Danny

Well if you know who he is then why question why a leading separatist campaigner is being mentioned in the Brexit thread?

And if Ash finds Gove's appearance that repulsive that he almost regurgitated his breakfast then he's entitled to that opinion, i'm sure you'll agree with that?

You clearly have trouble identifying what is and what isn't sectarian, it's a pity you can't live in harmony on here instead of throwing insults and slurs at those who don't agree with you.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 13th Oct 2019, 03:58pm
Post #4810

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 13th Oct 2019, 02:46pm) *
My son delayed his visit to me in order to vote in the referendum.
I asked him how he might vote and his answer was `Leave'.
I didn't ask him why but did ask him to first read the `Treaty of Lisbon' before voting.
He assured me he would do.

He voted `Remain'

Just saying biggrin.gif

TEE

Everyone eligible to vote with or without access to a computer or even a library, both leavers and remainers will not have heard of the Treaty of Lisbon, let alone have studied it. I have to tell you that nothing in that Treaty (2007-2009) would have caused me to vote remain. I would also like to add that regardless of what my political affiliations are, or which Party was in government, I would still have voted to leave!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
carmella
post 14th Oct 2019, 02:35pm
Post #4811

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I am watching PMQs I watch it often. It’s better than standup comedy, wouldn’t miss it.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Oct 2019, 11:07am
Post #4812

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Oct 2019, 07:55pm) *
The winners will be the right wing ruling elite who engineered this situation for their own benefit, the rest of us will be the losers, even those who voted Leave for what they thought was all the right reasons.

You've got your views, I've got mine. But we both agree there's no deal like Remain. Let me put a different proposition to you...

Let's say a deal is done today, in which the EU gains the upper hand; a more than feasible outcome. There are two sides in the negotiations, and what a good deal from the EU perspective looks like may be nothing like as bad for us as you have predicted.

I'm optimistic, on those grounds, because I believe that the EU will not do what we Remainers view as a bad deal.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 16th Oct 2019, 05:00pm
Post #4813

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 16th Oct 2019, 12:07pm) *
You've got your views, I've got mine. But we both agree there's no deal like Remain. Let me put a different proposition to you...

Let's say a deal is done today, in which the EU gains the upper hand; a more than feasible outcome. There are two sides in the negotiations, and what a good deal from the EU perspective looks like may be nothing like as bad for us as you have predicted.

I'm optimistic, on those grounds, because I believe that the EU will not do what we Remainers view as a bad deal.

I don't share your optimism. The EU negotiators have done what I would expect them to do and that is act for the best interests of the members states. They have no reason to make concessions for the UK, if it was another country wanting to leave we would be telling them to go and get stuffed.

As for those "acting" on behalf of our current government, I've yet to be convinced that there is a serious attempt to get a deal going on. As far as I can see there is nothing new going on and any deal is probably doomed to fail in a HoC vote.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 16th Oct 2019, 06:53pm
Post #4814

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 16th Oct 2019, 12:07pm) *

Ever the optimist Kem, to borrow a line Carmella said to me last week "I admire your tenacity" although i think you're actually whistling in the dark, forget trying to save your failed union and cross over to the sunny side of the street, Carmella is actually packing her bag as we speak, so if she can do it..... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Oct 2019, 07:11pm
Post #4815

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 16th Oct 2019, 07:53pm) *
forget trying to save your failed union and cross over to the sunny side of the street

Step into the light and honour the special one, eh?

It's religion like, this movement of yours.

I'm not worthy. blush.gif

+Quote Post

340 Pages V  « < 319 320 321 322 323 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Nov 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.