Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1550 Pages V  « < 1547 1548 1549 1550 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dear Diary, A wee daily blether....
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 1st Jun 2017, 01:57pm
Post #23221

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
The weather has been lovely here in Richmond, Surrey, since I arrived nearly two weeks ago.

After 30+ hours by air from Christchurch, with no sleep, I had very severe jet-lag problems, causing me to lose my balance constantly - now sporting some lovely bruises when I fell against furniture, etc.

I've always wanted to see Twickenham and finally made it last weekend. The game between England and the Barbarians was pretty ordinary but I lapped up the atmosphere and thoroughly enjoyed the day. My daughter has bought tickets to go back there in November (just before I head back to New Zealand) to see the All Blacks playing the Barbarians. Meantime, I am going to watch as much of the Champions cricket tournament which has just started off today. Going to see NZ playing England in Cardiff next week. Tomorrow I will be at the Manchester City stadium to see Robbie Williams which will be tinged with sadness of course due to the recent terrorist atrocity in the city.

Cheers,
Betty

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 1st Jun 2017, 06:01pm
Post #23222

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Nice to hear you arrived safe and sound Betty. 30 hours in the air is not my idea of fun. Anyway with the plans you have for your holiday I am sure you will enjoy every minute.

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 2nd Jun 2017, 11:59am
Post #23223

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,809
Hi Betty. Looks you have a very busy holiday planned. Hope everything goes to plan and you enjoy every minute of your stay. Mary xx

+Quote Post
RonD
post 7th Jun 2017, 10:04am
Post #23224

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Its been a while, I haven't looked in in a week or so as there seemed to be no sign of vitals cool.gif Nice work nurse Mary along with others who resuscitated this page. Enjoy your trip Betty. It's 5:47 and the furnace just went on, When I took the dogs out earlier it was 40 degrees F , this is not happy weather for June 7 in Southern Ontario. If anything the A/C should be kicking in. Ah well nothing a fleece cardigan can't sort out. I am just seeing the last of my tulips in bloom. This past Autumn I planted about 20 of the special bulbs that were designed for the 150th anniversary of Canada. They were specialilydesigned in Hoilland. However, there had been notices about some that wouldn't open or were orange or yellow and red instead of the white and red that they were supposed to be. Mine finally turned out OK but they could have had a little more red, no matter wha, they are nice to look at.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 7th Jun 2017, 11:26am
Post #23225

Mega City Key Holder
Tulips, my favourite flower Ron. Although I dont know of any gardeners able to grow them here.
It is now the middle of our winter and today it is 81F according to google. A wee bit hotter than normal but to be honest if it goes below 70F the locals complain.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 7th Jun 2017, 04:16pm
Post #23226

Mega City Key Holder
My Grandson Donovan came back from a one month trial with Benfica at the end of April.
He got word today they want him to come bank in October for another month this time to train with the club thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 7th Jun 2017, 08:20pm
Post #23227

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Congrats dave thumbup.gif

Would he perchance be eligible to play for Scotland wink.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 7th Jun 2017, 10:18pm
Post #23228

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 7th Jun 2017, 05:16pm) *
My Grandson Donovan came back from a one month trial with Benfica at the end of April.
He got word today they want him to come bank in October for another month this time to train with the club :thumbup:

That is great news Dave. In today's Evening Times there is a report that Rangers have signed a 20 years old Benfica player on a one year loan deal. Tell you grandson to let Benfica know that he has Scottish connections. It is worth a try!

Regards

Danny Harris

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 8th Jun 2017, 06:20am
Post #23229

Mega City Key Holder
Thanks John and Danny for your good wishes. John if he was ever good enough he would be able to play for Scotland through Grandparents, Portugal through his Dad (Mother born in SA so considered British more than Scots) and South Africa where he was born.
Danny believe me his Scottish family are all crossing fingers he does make it but the majority want him to go to the East End of Glasgow

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 8th Jun 2017, 09:10am
Post #23230

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Hi Dave

At the present time, I think most relatives of promising young players would prefer the East End pf Glasgow!

Danny

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 8th Jun 2017, 04:04pm
Post #23231

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Ron. I love tulips to but pretty as yours are, my favourite ones are purple.

Dave, big congratulations to your grandson. He might want to sit on the fence and play at Firhill. Maybe I'd go and watch him if he did. laugh.gif

Mary

+Quote Post
RonD
post 16th Jun 2017, 10:59am
Post #23232

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Mary: Funny but right where those Canada tulips were planted is a lovely purple tulip plant. i cna't remember planting them but what else is new. As you say they are gorgeous.Haven't been on in awhile since I have become a slum landlord and I am trying evict a family of skunks squatting under my tool shed. Needless to say it has to be done ina gentle manner.

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 16th Jun 2017, 11:31am
Post #23233

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Ron. Hope you don't get sprayed by the skunks. Is it true that tomatoes take away the smell when they do spray?

Mary laugh.gif

+Quote Post
RonD
post 27th Jun 2017, 02:12am
Post #23234

Mega City Key Holder
I evicted the skunk family by placing ammonia soaked rtags at their den entrance and just finished "critter proofing" the tool shed, we have ahd wet weather and the mosquitoes are loving as well as me. I don't know about the tomato juice for skunk, I have heard that too but I don't want to put it to the test.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angel
post 4th Sep 2017, 02:52pm
Post #23235

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675

This holiday Monday is a quiet day for me
but I have been invited out for dinner
this evening , so I'm looking forward to that smile.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post

1550 Pages V  « < 1547 1548 1549 1550 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.