Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

566 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyber Pub, A great night oot!
RonD
post 19th Sep 2006, 10:40am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
Any one interested a pub meeting, here at GG.
We'll need a name all suggestions count. I would like a real classy traditional Scottish name like "Mulligan's Tyre" or the "Stoat 'n Jimmy"

We'll need a manager some flashy bar maids and bunch of regulars. Ah' no runnin' it, ma joab will be to go to the lieu when it ma shout!

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jaybee
post 19th Sep 2006, 11:51am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,800
I'm in.... must think of a name. It could be the "See You Jimmy Bar".... no, not good enough. Oh by the way rdem.... my job is holder of the loo key, so you don't get it till your shout is over. lol. Jeanie

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 19th Sep 2006, 12:14pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
what about THE GG COME ON INN as a pub name thats my wee contribution what do u THINK wink.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
Java
post 19th Sep 2006, 02:10pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Ron since ah've been practicin ma tap dancin on another thread kin ah be a barmaid? Ah'll work fur tips....(an ye kin throw in a wee advocaat snowball if ah'm doin a good job....) biggrin.gif

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...

+Quote Post
Rab-oldname
post 19th Sep 2006, 04:48pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
Hows about - 'CAMPBELTOWN BAY' (I wish you were whisky, I would drink you dry).

+Quote Post
tammy
post 19th Sep 2006, 07:11pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,054
How about Martin's bar and grill? laugh.gif By the way I can mix a good drink. I'll volunteer for bartender. One for you one for me.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 19th Sep 2006, 09:07pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Think we need a bit of class here folks, how about 'Martin's in the Square' with the 'Squinty Pub' unless that name is already taken, check with Ross for that!!

I'm too old to run around with drinks although I could do with the tips, haha. I'll just be a regular, can I have a wee table in a corner where I can see all the action, canna, canna. I'll need someone to sit wi' me, any offers? ....... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Lennox
post 19th Sep 2006, 09:55pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,288
QUOTE (ems @ 19th Sep 2006, 04:24 PM)
  I'll just be a regular, can I have a wee table in a corner where I can see all the action,  canna, canna.  I'll need someone to sit wi' me, any offers? ....... laugh.gif

Can I sit with you Ems? I don't drink much, cheap date, but I could drive home the ones that need a driver ....

--------------------

You don't have to live next door, to be a friend !

+Quote Post
RonD
post 20th Sep 2006, 12:28am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Jings, the place is filling up and we're no even opened yet!
First we'll have to have a job fair. Jaybee has volunteered for the adminstration of the "comfort zone" making sure that they do spend a penny! I'm thinking that Jaybee can do better than that , so Jeanie I putting you in charge of security. ( I did say I wasn't running this thing didn't I?)
The lovely tap dancing Javamol is first barmaid, how she can dance around the tables with a tray of drinks is magic! She will catered to by our new Barmaid Tammy, juggling the martini shakers behind the bar, what a show.

All good namesfor the pub , let's have a few more and we'll vote on it.

Er!!! Java, Tammy !, the ladies in the corner are waiting for their drinks,
I believe it Ems and Lennox!

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
Catherine
post 20th Sep 2006, 01:39am
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 57
Whit aboot the 'Cyber Barfly'

Years ago ma pal and I werr aye gaunni open up a pub an call it the Barfly an the Bookworm.......an for every drink ye bought ye'd tae give a recommendation of a book, plus..ther'd be a wee Library an book exchange corner.

Ahm really good at sittin oan ma jacksy wae a splash Ron......but ah kin puul a guid pint so Java if ye need me ahint the bar pet ahm yer wummin an jist gies a shout, a very loud wan...an mind make sure it's fur ten minutes afore ye need me so's ah kin soart masel furst. laugh.gif

--------------------
Oh ahv jist fun anither button...

+Quote Post
jakka13
post 20th Sep 2006, 01:55am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,815
What about "The Comfort Zone" we all come together for a wee bit of comfort sometimes .For the opening night I'll make my famous Punch .Known on both sides of the ocean as Jean's "Knock Out Punch".That should get the ball rolling .Java ,pet you haven't danced yet till you've had a glass or two of my punch .For all you non-drinkers out there I make a nice gentle version this one known as Jean's "Soft Punch " laugh.gif

--------------------
Auld but Still Game.

+Quote Post
Java
post 20th Sep 2006, 06:43am
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Ron yer a star, ye'll no regret this, mah big chance....ah can only fit wan tap shoe oan at the minit so wid it be awright if a jist put segs in ma stookie? (slight accident wi the practisin, but nuthin tae worry aboot, ah'll be fine on the night..)..Catherine ah'm no much use at pullin pints so you can do the beers, ah'll do the wines an spirits and Tammy can do the martinis...no that ah dont trust yees wi the wine ye understand...Jakka, bring yer punch oan, ah kin dance wi two stookies.....now Ems an Lennox, whit can ah get yees?

Oh an ah think the name should be 'The Jistpop Inn'...

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...

+Quote Post
RonD
post 20th Sep 2006, 09:20am
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Where's a' the punters? Much as a love the female company Rab and I are out numbered, no that ah'm complainin' mind ye!
Catherine , ah knew ye'd be in a flash once the word goat oot there's a new local! Nice o' ye to help Tammy and Java ahint the bar.
Jakk I like the name and yer offer on non alcoholic punch is a good addition to the bar. No countin' mine we have 6 names suggested which are all , we'll take a few more then you lot can decide. Ah wiz thinking of something very "weegie" like the Square George ( George's Square) or the Highlander's Umbrella.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jaybee
post 20th Sep 2006, 12:08pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,800
rdem, just howlin my head off here. Me in charge of security??? I am 5' tall and weigh about 110 lbs. Do I fit the bill? If you say yes then it is fine, I can take anybody on...lol, jaybee ps: can I have a wee T-shirt that says "security" on it????

+Quote Post
RonD
post 20th Sep 2006, 12:21pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Jaybee, ah'm sure you'll fit the bill, jist let 'em know yer wee terrier if they get ye goin' sorry nae T shirt , wan look fae you should send 'em the message!!!

Talk aboot laffin' ah' picturin' Java runnin' aroon' the tables playin' "hoppin' Cherlie'" wi' that bad fit.

Noo did the ladies get their drinks?????

--------------------

+Quote Post

566 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.