Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garrioch School
AlexK
post 28th Aug 2009, 02:54am
Post #1

Settling In
Member No.: 7,398
I attended this school from 1948 until our family left for New Zealand in 1955. It was very much a primary school at that time. I was back in Glasgow for the first time since 1955 in May and I talked to a couple of women outside it who said it was now an Art School. I can't get it out of my mind that at some stage I read that the building was used as a secondary school - but I wouldn't swear to that. Can anyone tell me the history of this building?

Regards,
Alex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lennox
post 28th Aug 2009, 01:25pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,288
Welcome to GG,
Yes it was a secondry school, I went there for a year in the 70's before I went to Nk

--------------------

You don't have to live next door, to be a friend !

+Quote Post
**Sally**
post 18th Nov 2011, 01:35am
Post #3

QUOTE (AlexK @ 28th Aug 2009, 02:13am) *
I attended this school from 1948 until our family left for New Zealand in 1955. It was very much a primary school at that time. I was back in Glasgow for the first time since 1955 in May and I talked to a couple of women outside it who said it was now an Art School. I can't get it out of my mind that at some stage I read that the building was used as a secondary school - but I wouldn't swear to that. Can anyone tell me the history of this building?

Regards,
Alex

Hi, Garrioch was a Secondary School, I attended the school from 1967 to 1970 at that time it was all boys and all girl classes seperate ground rules etc. most of the teachers where good. I enjoyed my time there. It was a beautiful building and a lovely school inside. As you have said it was a primary school in the past before it became a secondary school.

+Quote Post
*rab muir*
post 19th Jun 2016, 10:02pm
Post #4

QUOTE (AlexK @ 28th Aug 2009, 02:54am) *

Regards,
Alex

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.