Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snp Takes Glasgow, Historic Scottish election defeat for Labour
ashfield
post 6th May 2011, 08:44pm
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Alex, like you I am not, and never have been, a member of any political party. The problems with the economy was as a direct result of the banking crisis in the USA, full stop. Or do you believe that Gordon Brown was also the leader of Eire, Greece, Portugal, Iceland, Germany, Spain and the many other countries that have had to introduce fiscal measures to fix their enconomies.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 6th May 2011, 08:49pm
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 6th May 2011, 07:48pm) *
Virescit vulnere virtus. V V V dry.gif

DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNGGG!

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
Rob Rattray
post 6th May 2011, 08:52pm
Post #48

Visitor
Member No.: 7,864
It might take a wee while for things to settle down but it's good to see 'new blood' in at the top again; not saying that the SNP is the 'cure all' but it's a start, and good riddance to those Labour idiots who just wanted everything for themselves! Just hope this SNP crowd will do the right thing and help not only Glasgow, but Scotia in general to get back to the bonnie land I once knew again.

--------------------
God Bless
Rob

"SUPER SIDERA VOTUM”

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 6th May 2011, 09:21pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Rob,what is there about Scotia thats no` bonnie?

+Quote Post
Harrymc
post 6th May 2011, 09:24pm
Post #50

Special Visitor
Member No.: 5,658
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 6th May 2011, 10:48am) *
Its long overdue for Glasgow to rid itself of Labour, no other party can be blamed for any of its ills
I didn't vote SNP, for I dont want some of the things they want, Independance is the main one
Council tax freeze, free prescriptions,all great things but will it come back to haunt us, if the figures dont stack up

Lets see if SNP can rid me of my doubts
It seems Labour has joined Tories in not being too welcome in Scotland, for now

Bye for now, norrie

Dead on Norrie.
However,what's up with the people in Springburn?do they not vote or what?They had that rascal of a Seaker for years doing nothing except for himself.The place has been destroyed and they still return the same representative.Talk about goin' to hell in a handcart.At least wee Eck and his party might have tried to do something for the people.

+Quote Post
Grampar
post 6th May 2011, 10:08pm
Post #51

Settling In
Member No.: 8,673
mad.gif biggrin.gif At long last we have a Government in Scotland that cares about the people of our great country. As far as I am concerned I am beeling mad. Yet again BOUNDARY changes Which, I am sure like me, few of our fellow citizens new about, means that I have a Labour MSP whereas if they had left well alone I would have that superlative JOHN MASON, as my MSP. Remember him at a By - election a few years ago in Glasgow East for the that place in London, England ? Eh? The person who thought that the result in Shettleston was a bit of a surprise obviously does not live in or near the constituency or they would know the work that John Mason, a devout Christian, put into his work as an MP. Back to boundary changes where I live in Springboig we have been in the last 30+ years, Bothwell Constituency, Shettleston Constituency, Baillieston Constituency and now Glasgow East Constituency all for Westminster. Local Authority, Lanarkshire County Council, and I think ( 9th ) District council, Baillieston ( Strathclyde Regional Council ) and various districts surrounding us for the City Council. Each time there has been a change we have never had any notice let alone input about the changes. We now have Margaret Curran as our MP and she showed her true self as an MSP where words nearly fail me to desribe what a selfcentred person she was/is. I would have loved to be represented by my fellow Christian John Mason but some nameless person somewhere made sure that could not be the case. As for the overall result for Scotland it could only, be bettered if we had even a few more SNP MSP's - especially one for Provan. A GREAAAT result for us all and God bless every MSP who truly cares about our ancient Nation. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Heather
post 6th May 2011, 10:38pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Grampar, a few years ago I and some of my neighbours had problems with trees almost growing in to our windows and the Council kept putting us off about trimming them back.
I emailed John Mason who was a Councillor for our area at the time. He came out to see the problem himself, looked at the trees around our area and within a few weeks they were cut back.

I found him very approachable which is one of the reasons I voted for him and he is well known as a hard worker.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
North Canalbank ...
post 6th May 2011, 11:26pm
Post #53

Visitor
Member No.: 7,593
If Labour can't hold places like Shettleston then its time to have a serious look not just at their policies but maybe even their candidates.
Maybe tonight a few Labour people will feel what its like to be jobless.

+Quote Post
Heather
post 6th May 2011, 11:57pm
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Aye but they won't know how bad it is to be un-employed with the big handouts they get when un-elected.
Their Redundancy money should be paid the same as the ordinary working person. After being employed for at least two years they get two weeks pay for every year in the job.
But being MPs / MSPs they make their own rules for bigger payouts.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 7th May 2011, 01:10am
Post #55

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
it's a fiddle, I went to the Whiteinch Poll Booth expecting to see Pauline Mc Neils name who I wanted to vote for, and suddenly she isn't the person for here added to that I'm pretty sure the form I saw and used had Bill Kidd in there as Labour. Why on earth would anyone vote SNP otherwise unless it was a fiddle. Bugger this I'm moving to Engalnd or further afield. I know that the form I ticked had Bill Kidd on it as the labour candidate. How else would SNP have won in Glasgow?

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 7th May 2011, 01:16am
Post #56

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
Seems you lot voted the loony's in and now you will suffer from the loony's in charge of the Asylum. I've voted Pauline McNeil for years, but suddenly she wasn't on the list for me.

+Quote Post
**billtkd**
post 7th May 2011, 01:33am
Post #57

Virescit vulnere virtus

or

Populus iamdudum defututus est.

+Quote Post
Gallowgategirl
post 7th May 2011, 06:03am
Post #58

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,372
I have been in Australia for 43years. I am still not a Citizen. I don't think I have the right to comment but who can keep a Glaswegian quiet!! My first and last vote in Scotland was for the SNP. That was back in 1965 as I had just turned 21 that was the voting age then... and I was a Ban the Bomber and a Rebel without a Clue. I say Good onya Glasgow and Scotland .. GO FOR IT !! What is it that is said It is better to have tried and made a hash of it (as those in charge seem to do anyway) then never to have tried at all. Good Luck Glasgow xxxxxxx

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 7th May 2011, 06:08am
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,459
I'm a happy auld guy noo lets get oor independence an why not ,nae mair goin cap in haun tae an English government begging fer some o oor ain money back, money which they have creamed aff us in the first place.

Nae mair Scottish regiments being used as cannon fodder by english elected Prime Ministers wie s8it fer brains who think we are still a world power .

Nae mair financing a group o Teutonic layabouts who have bled an ponced aff o an sundry fer century's ,aye ye know who i mean .

Lets go aw the way an why not by the time Cameron gets finished gien haun oots to Terrorist loving Nations ,bringing mair refugees intae the country ,and forcing policy's on us that are all shaped fer Engurlands benefit what is there tae lose .

See there is some strange language being spoken on here lotta Romans in the gloaman methinks laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th May 2011, 08:54am
Post #60

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (benny @ 6th May 2011, 10:14pm) *
Derea derego fortibus es in aro biggrin.gif

Ah only took lower Latin, but ah think the fortibus wis Cathcart tae Hillington. rolleyes.gif Whit´s it goat tae dae wi ploughs but ?

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.