Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Glasgow Miles More Miserable?, Another day ... another nutty claim!
Dykejumper
post 23rd Sep 2019, 05:30pm
Post #211

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
The charge for parking a car in the city centre is now 4 an hour ! there are always lots of spaces
in the Blythswood Sq area. Incredibly the council recently started charging for parking on a Sunday,you have to feel for the many shops already struggling to survive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 5th Jan 2020, 06:04pm
Post #212

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
wink.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Ossie
post 14th Apr 2020, 10:49pm
Post #213

Resident
Member No.: 16,056
Hello Folks, it's been quite some time since I had the pleasure of being on this site. And seriously, for the most part it was a pleasure. I worked for just over 40 years as a Glasgow cabbie and would like to share a story with you regarding this topic. A few years ago I picked up a hire from Buchanan St bus station, a young guy who for some reason had to come to Glasgow to finish his uni studies. He was from the south of England. By the time I met him he had been in Glasgow for almost a year. He told me on hearing that he had to go to Glasgow he was terrified. All his friends told him not to go, the place was full of madmen running around with knives and hatchets. They went as far as to tell him to give up on his degree. I asked him how he felt about the city given the fact that he had been here for quite some time. His answer was he loved it so much he was staying. Glasgow was now his home. Yes, the city has problems, and the reason for those problems are many and varied. A subject perhaps for another day, but for me, it's been a pleasure to live and work in a terrific city for most of my 71 years.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 15th Apr 2020, 07:14am
Post #214

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
It really doesn't matter how or why you've not posted, it's good to read your post. Like you, I lived and worked in Glasgow for the best part of my life. It's not always been plain sailing but it's still a great place to be thumbup.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Apr 2020, 06:16pm
Post #215

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Agree guy's, what City on the planet doesn't have it's problems?

Were you day or nightshift Ossie?

+Quote Post
Ossie
post 15th Apr 2020, 09:10pm
Post #216

Resident
Member No.: 16,056
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 15th Apr 2020, 07:16pm) *
Agree guy's, what City on the planet doesn't have it's problems?

Were you day or nightshift Ossie?

Hi Jagz, I worked as a Glasgow cabbie for 41 years, 38 of which were nightshift.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th Jul 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.