Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brexit News, We told you so.
JAGZ1876
post 14th Feb 2020, 05:19pm
Post #106

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 14th Feb 2020, 02:27pm) *
Dont worry,scexit will be a walk in the park.Westminster will roll over and give in to every Gnat
demand.

The difference is that we will be going in with a plan unlike your separatist shambles, and if the Britgnats want to be unreasonable then which part of England would they like their Nuclear toy's dumped? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Feb 2020, 07:53am
Post #107

Mega City Key Holder
Oh dear, staunch Tory supporting EU separatist complaining he's getting what he voted for. unsure.gif

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18250816....-warns-skipper/

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 21st Feb 2020, 08:54am
Post #108

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Feb 2020, 07:53am) *
Oh dear, staunch Tory supporting EU separatist complaining he's getting what he voted for. unsure.gif

He's not the only Brit Nat expressing reservations.

It will be the same for Scot Nats if they get their way.

Sovereignty is king for them, I'm afraid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 21st Feb 2020, 08:54am
Post #109

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611

I'm not the kind of guy who says I told you so but..........

He's not alone, but don't take my word (or even Nicola Sturgeon's word). Check on Mr Google about what the industry leaders of UK Hospitality, construction, the care sector, farming etc are saying.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Feb 2020, 10:40am
Post #110

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 21st Feb 2020, 08:54am) *
He's not the only Brit Nat expressing reservations.

It will be the same for Scot Nats if they get their way.

Sovereignty is king for them, I'm afraid.

What will be the same?

And the people of Scotland are "sovereign".

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Feb 2020, 10:47am
Post #111

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 21st Feb 2020, 08:54am) *
I'm not the kind of guy who says I told you so but..........

He's not alone, but don't take my word (or even Nicola Sturgeon's word). Check on Mr Google about what the industry leaders of UK Hospitality, construction, the care sector, farming etc are saying.

Indeed Ash, but it is more sweet as Mr Buchan has stood as a Tory candidate in elections in his native Banff and Buchan.

A dyed in the wool Tory finally realising that the old saying "never trust a Tory" is actually true. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 21st Feb 2020, 11:37am
Post #112

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Feb 2020, 10:40am) *
What will be the same?

And the people of Scotland are "sovereign".

Quite the nationalist, aren't you.

QUOTE (Nicola @ 16th Feb, 2020)
I don't believe that it will always mean plain sailing for Scotland...

... England gains a neighbour that is best friends and a constructive partener.

Same warnings, same reassurances.

QUOTE (Nicola @ 16th Feb, 2020)
I would hate to be somebody who had such absolute certainty that I didn't entertain the idea that I might be wrong about things.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1823909...icola-sturgeon/

Take note, Jagz. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Feb 2020, 11:55am
Post #113

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 21st Feb 2020, 11:37am) *
Quite the nationalist, aren't you.

As they say, "it takes one to know one". wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 21st Feb 2020, 12:42pm
Post #114

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Feb 2020, 11:55am) *
As they say, "it takes one to know one". wink.gif

Nah. It's just you who peddles that irrational argument in this context. I didn't vote for Brexit or Indyref, and still wouldn't, need I remind you.

Free movement trumps sovereignty for me. Land borders are the cause of too many problems. For the up-and-coming globally connected generations, nationalism will be nothing more than a boring and confusing history lesson.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Feb 2020, 01:15pm
Post #115

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 21st Feb 2020, 12:42pm) *
Nah. It's just you who peddles that irrational argument in this context.

Free movement trumps sovereignty for me. Land borders are the cause of too many problems.

If a country making it's own decisions for the benefit of it's people is an "irrational argument" for you then what would you say is a rational alternative?

Why did you vote Libdem in last Decembers election, i don't remember them making any such promises about handing over the UK's sovereignty to another power or abolishing the UK's borders in their election manifesto?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Feb 2020, 05:11pm
Post #116

Mega City Key Holder
I don't watch Question Time but i see that English nationalists who get their information from the Daily Mail & Express are allowed the same uninterrupted misinformed rants like our own QT Proud Brit Orange Jaiket Billy. yes.gif

https://www.indy100.com/article/question-ti...ces-bbc-9349076

+Quote Post
wombat
post 21st Feb 2020, 06:50pm
Post #117

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Feb 2020, 01:15pm) *
If a country making it's own decisions for the benefit of it's people is an "irrational argument" for you then what would you say is a rational alternative?

unsure.gif erm! TOTAL subservience to a pack sociopathic racists on steroids yes.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 23rd Feb 2020, 09:07pm
Post #118

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Jagz, I give you my unreserved apology. I said in a previous post that you had expressed hatred of a certain section of Scottish Fishermen. You didn't.

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 23rd Feb 2020, 09:55pm
Post #119

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
Oh dear, staunch Tory supporting EU separatist complaining he's getting what he voted for. :unsure:

Jagz, before I start with my response to the link you provided, I want to make it clear that I am responding to the what has been written in that link. Not to your comment.

The headline is, Brexit-backing Jimmy Buchan says Tory plans will be catastrophic.

Mr Buchan , a former fishing vessel captain is now the CEO of the Scottish Seafood Association.

So, in my opinion it is easy to agree with him if you only read the headlines.

At first I thought he was talking about the men who actually catch the fish. No his main concern is the fish processing industry. So reading further on and remembering the TV programme regarding the Fishing Trawler men who actually catch the fish, it became obvious that his reason for leaving the EU has backfired on him.

When the result of the Brexit referendum was announced, he was rubbing his hands. Why? Because this would be the end of EU fishing vessels being allowed to fish in Scottish waters. Up until I had seen the TV programme regarding Scottish Trawling vessels, I thought these boats were manned totally by Scottish fishermen. No! Many of them are manned with a majority of the crew being from non EU countries. So his dream of having got rid of EU boats, and using cheap labour on Scottish fishing vessels has vanished.

So, you ask yourself, why not use Scottish fishermen? He supplied the answer, and I quote him, when asked if the industry would be able to attract local people into these jobs, he replied,

"This is a story where we have become a victim of our own success. We have raised the bar on how we want our own people to live their lives. We've created EDUCATION routes. We have encouraged people to seek different careers"

So there we have it. Cut out the garbage. He doesn't want to use people whose families have been working for generations in the fishing industry. He wants to use cheap labour non Scottish workers.

That is why he is concentrating on the fishing process workers. The Scottish families who have gone to sea since the start of the fish catching industry, have been forgotten.

I noticed today when Nicola Sturgeon was on the Andrew Marr show, she only mentioned the Fish Processing workers. Nothing about the actual fishermen.

Danny

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 24th Feb 2020, 08:56am
Post #120

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Danny, if you want to know who is going to sea to catch fish, check out the BBC programme called Fish Town. It appears to me that most vessels are extensively crewed by men from non EU countries.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Mar 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.