Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

197 Pages V  « < 195 196 197  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 07:02am
Post #2941

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Jul 2017, 12:04am) *
One could always ask, if Scotland is so f'in great why did someone bugger off to Spain.

No doubt he will reply in his usual windae licking style but i decided to block his posts so i wouldn't get whatever disease his mind is riddled with.

Just answer the "f'in" questions, as you would put it, in your non-gutter lingo.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 08:46am
Post #2942

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 21st Jul 2017, 08:52pm) *
Hi Jagz

Thanks for your concern. I saw my optician, got an excellent examination. I was re-assured that the problem is not serious. Told to come back for another look on Monday. Feeling much better phsychologically.

The best information I can get regarding the current UK inflation rate is that it is in the order of 2.6%.

Regards

Danny

Glad to hear it was nothing serious Danny.

Not bad Danny, it is actually 2.7%.

Still lagging behind other countries though

Canada 1% (Jun 2017)
Germany 1.6% (Jun 2017)
EU 1.26% (Jun 2017)
France 0.69% (Jun 2017)
Italy 1.2% (Jun 2017)
Japan 0.4% (May 2017)
New Zealand 1.7% (Jun 2017)
Switzerland 0.2% (Jun 2017)
USA 1.625% (Jun 2017

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 09:00am
Post #2943

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 21st Jul 2017, 09:24pm) *
Of course it's Westminster fault, the SNP cant be blamed for anything!!! rolleyes.gif

It's westminsters fault that oil has dropped and that oil companies are plugging spent fields and decommissioning oil platforms.

What would the SNP do to raise the oil price on the world market, beg the saudis to stop production?

You really are in a ridicolous position here Jagz, when the GERS figures were good you claim that they show Scotland has a stable enough economy to be independent yet when they're bad it's all Westminster fault and Scotland should be independent, you've drunk the SNP kool aid so long you dont even realise how mad you sound.

Who holds 85% of Scotland's purse strings?

It is most definitely Westminsters fault that the UK doesn't have an oil fund as most sensible oil producing countries do to cushion the blow of drops in the price of oil .

Why am i in a "ridiculous position"?

The GERS figure have only ever shown how Scotland is doing as part of the UK, they are loose estimations at best which include Scotlands share of debts which had no benefit to Scotland.

They certainly don't have any bearing on how an independent Scotland would operate.

But i'm guessing you knew this anyway John, and i'll leave it to others to decide which one of us sounds mad.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 09:26am
Post #2944

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 21st Jul 2017, 10:38pm) *
'rampant lioness'

Is that a promotion or a demotion from "Selfie Queen"?

So how much does the UK pay into the EU and how much does Spain take out DJ?

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 09:29am
Post #2945

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 21st Jul 2017, 11:04pm) *
One could always ask, if Scotland is so f'in great why did someone bugger off to Spain.

What if someone had health problems and cold and damp conditions aggravated them, surely you wouldn't grudge someone moving to a warmer drier climate?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Y'day, 06:47pm
Post #2946

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jul 2017, 09:00am) *
Who holds 85% of Scotland's purse strings?

Where on earth do you get your 85% figure from, dont answer with common knowledge or any crap like that, how about some actual proof for once.
The UK is responsible for reserved items as you well know jagz but it's just as well seeing that our deficit to GDP would be the highest in Europe
It is most definitely Westminsters fault that the UK doesn't have an oil fund as most sensible oil producing countries do to cushion the blow of drops in the price of oil .

And? Do you have a time machine, can that be changed. The answer is NO, you cant rely on the proceeds of oil to fund government spending while at the same time want to use the same money for an oil fund.
Why am i in a "ridiculous position"?

The GERS figure have only ever shown how Scotland is doing as part of the UK, they are loose estimations at best which include Scotlands share of debts which had no benefit to Scotland.

They certainly don't have any bearing on how an independent Scotland would operate.

share of debt that has no benefit to Scotland??? We are part of the UK. Do you think that other parts of the UK are happy that Scotland gets more per head than them and their taxes are used to fund the UK debts that includes a large chunk with Scotlands name on it, are they happy that the UK tax payer bailed out banks which were based in Scotland. Do you think the workers in Portsmouth are happy that work is going to the shipbuilders here while the SNP keep banging on about indepenance.

Yes Gers figures show Scotland as part of the UK because we are part of the UK ..DOH!! What you seem to ignore is that if we not part of the UK then that could affect a lot of cross border trade and work. At the moment a company can work right across the UK with no barriers, with independence and the SNPs desire for EU membership that cannot happen. How do they propose to replace that lost trade, can you really see teams of Scottish workers in Polish or the Baltic states building sites.
But i'm guessing you knew this anyway John, and i'll leave it to others to decide which one of us sounds mad.

It's you who defends the SNP to the hilt even when it is clear they are in the wrong, it was you denying the Tories were on the rise even when presented with the vote numbers after the council elections, you are still in denial now that the SNP lost almost 1/2 of their seats and 1/2 a million votes in just two years, if there is another snap election expect several more SNP's will be sent homeward to greet but to you the SNP 'won' the election and thats all that matters. It is you who are arguing to leave a Union where we do tens of billions in trade for one where we do a quarter of that and that it would be 'rosier'. It is you who thinks Brexit is a shambles but separating Scotland from the UK would be done in 18 months, be absolutely fine and that you would get frequent updates. It is you who thinks we would be far better off financially all the while ignoring the facts and not able to provide any proof yourself

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 09:21pm
Post #2947

Mega City Key Holder
Jagz, I hope you are not going to answer this load of nonsense ( must avoid gutter language!), although I fear you are going to respond with logical rebuttals to McNasty's deranged tirade. How do you know where to start ?

Strait-jacket time for wee Johnnie! sad.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 10:51pm
Post #2948

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 22nd Jul 2017, 10:21pm) *
Jagz, I hope you are not going to answer this load of nonsense ( must avoid gutter language!), although I fear you are going to respond with logical rebuttals to McNasty's deranged tirade. How do you know where to start ?

Strait-jacket time for wee Johnnie! sad.gif

I have to bilbo, or some may think he actually has a point.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 11:47pm
Post #2949

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 22nd Jul 2017, 07:47pm) *
Where on earth do you get your 85% figure from, dont answer with common knowledge or any crap like that, how about some actual proof for once.
The UK is responsible for reserved items as you well know jagz but it's just as well seeing that our deficit to GDP would be the highest in Europe

And? Do you have a time machine, can that be changed. The answer is NO, you cant rely on the proceeds of oil to fund government spending while at the same time want to use the same money for an oil fund.

share of debt that has no benefit to Scotland??? We are part of the UK

Do you think the workers in Portsmouth are happy that work is going to the shipbuilders here while the SNP keep banging on about indepenance.

Yes Gers figures show Scotland as part of the UK because we are part of the UK ..DOH!!

It's you who defends the SNP to the hilt even when it is clear they are in the wrong, it was you denying the Tories were on the rise even when presented with the vote numbers after the council elections, you are still in denial now that the SNP lost almost 1/2 of their seats and 1/2 a million votes in just two years, if there is another snap election expect several more SNP's will be sent homeward to greet but to you the SNP 'won' the election and thats all that matters. It is you who are arguing to leave a Union where we do tens of billions in trade for one where we do a quarter of that and that it would be 'rosier'. It is you who thinks Brexit is a shambles but separating Scotland from the UK would be done in 18 months, be absolutely fine and that you would get frequent updates. It is you who thinks we would be far better off financially all the while ignoring the facts and not able to provide any proof yourself

Tell you what John, you prove me wrong that Westminster doesn't hold more Scottish revenues
than i have said?

I have already explained my views on your mythical £15billion, if that is where your Westminster mismanagement has us then why with all our huge resources would you want more of the same?

I never said an oil fund could fund government spending, especially a government that has reckless spending and delusions of grandeur of being a big Charlie on the World stage like the one you staunchly defend, but an oil fund for sensible oil producing countries can cushion the blow of a downturn in oil prices till they return to their previous rate like Norway has done very successfully.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/special-r...700bn-oil-fund/

Yet we keep ploughing in money we see little or no return like the £12billion in and £1billion back here.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-pooling-and-the-sharing/

I don't know what workers in portsmouth think John, could Portsmouth shipyards build type 26 frigates?

Then you agree with me that the GERS figures don't show what a independent Scotland could be like.....DOH

And yes to most of your last rant, although to be honest i gave up reading
after the first few lines as it is late and im tired.

Night Night.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post Today, 12:41am
Post #2950

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 22nd Jul 2017, 11:47pm) *
Tell you what John, you prove me wrong that Westminster doesn't hold more Scottish revenues
than i have said?

Prove you wrong laugh.gif Whats this, Jagz can now just pull figures out of the air and when pressed on his source its a case of they're right until proved wrong... Well here goes jaz, they're wrong so prove me wrong biggrin.gif
What you have a case of is parroting, someone says something so you repeat it because it fits in with your wee view. Here I'll help an old man out, you have 85% in your head because its what you've been told and you dont question it as you're a good wee messenger, its what they said about the 2012 Scotland act years ago but in that time we've had the Smith commission and the Scotland act 2016 which the SNP were involved in and passed tax raising powers over to the Scottish government, so that figure you just used is a tad out of date if it was even true in the first place.
I have already explained my views on your mythical £15billion, if that is where your Westminster mismanagement has us then why with all our huge resources would you want more of the same?

Translation, you dont have a clue. The £15b is the difference between what is raised here and what the SG gets in the block grant and westminster spends on the likes of welfare, pensions, shared services (foreign office, defence, DVLA,your beloved EU membership fee, Westminster MP's and expenses etc) These are not mythical and do need paid for, the SNP accept the deficit yet you and your wee clique say its all made up nowadays, yet just 3 years ago when the oil price was high GERS was the best thing ever. It was said a few years ago that over the decades the funding evened out as North sea oil returns were high and low, with it becoming more and more expensive to extract there the high periods may not return .
I never said an oil fund could fund government spending, especially a government that has reckless spending and delusions of grandeur of being a big Charlie on the World stage like the one you staunchly defend, but an oil fund for sensible oil producing countries can cushion the blow of a downturn in oil prices till they return to their previous rate like Norway has done very successfully.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/special-r...700bn-oil-fund/

I was talking of an Indy Scotland and what it would do with oil proceeds, it is spent even before thinking of an oil fund so there's no way that will happen. It didn't happen with the UK and it may not have happened in an Indy Scotland.
The SNP want an Indy Scotland to join Nato and as a member will have to commit forces and resources to Nato operations, looks like they want on the big stage too.
Yet we keep ploughing in money we see little or no return like the £12billion in and £1billion back here.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-pooling-and-the-sharing/

Nice to see that after months of asking you have actually posted a link to the 'vow', didnt read what the rev posted after that because if its about the GERS then check the date, 2014 which is when you were waving them about because they were good.
I don't know what workers in portsmouth think John, could Portsmouth shipyards build type 26 frigates?

I'm pretty sure they want their jobs secure just as the guys on the clyde do, as for the feasibility of assembling them at portsmouth I dont know but what is clear is that the boss of BAE and the MoD have stated that NO UK warships would be built on the clyde if Scotland becomes independent
Then you agree with me that the GERS figures don't show what a independent Scotland could be like.....DOH

Despite some stiff competition that must rank as the stupidest comment I've read here from you, as Scotland is in the UK why would official figures show what an independent Scotland spends when it does not exist?
And yes to most of your last rant, although to be honest i gave up reading
after the first few lines as it is late and im tired.

Night Night.

translated as 'ohh shit, i've been found out

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Today, 06:38am
Post #2951

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

197 Pages V  « < 195 196 197
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.