Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corn Exchange - Gordon Street, Gordon Street
bilbo.s
post 9th Dec 2008, 07:09pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Whatever happened to The Corn Exchange in Gordon Street?

I worked in the Central Hotel between 1962 & 1968 and our local was the basement cocktail bar where they had the best barstools ever known to man(or wummin) - they were like armchairs on legs and ye jist couldnae fa' aff. (I tested it!)

I visited the place a few years ago and the upstairs bar hadnae changed much but doonstairs was a disaster area.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexter St. Clair
post 9th Dec 2008, 11:52pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,715
It's now a bookies.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 10th Dec 2008, 12:57am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 9th Dec 2008, 12:08pm) *
Whatever happened to The Corn Exchange in Gordon Street?

I worked in the Central Hotel between 1962 & 1968 and our local was the basement cocktail bar where they had the best barstools ever known to man(or wummin) - they were like armchairs on legs and ye jist couldnae fa' aff. (I tested it!)

I visited the place a few years ago and the upstairs bar hadnae changed much but doonstairs was a disaster area.
Bilbo,ahv never sat in a bad bar stool in ma life,and ah hate tae get up and leave it!! lol

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.