Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

25 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Union Already Lost?, Referendum: 18th September 2014
Dylan
post 8th Jan 2014, 02:55pm
Post #196

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
I agree with free School Meals.!

I agree with free Child Care.

As Zag asked, what benefits will Salmond cut to deliver. ? tongue.gif

I don't remember Lamont saying she was voting against Independence.?

She gave a valid reason but I still want Free Meals for all.

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 8th Jan 2014, 03:07pm
Post #197

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
If you can't afford children - don't have them???

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th Jan 2014, 05:05pm
Post #198

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-...tland-1-3261014

Apt reader's comment:-

" So he knows that nobody in Scotland voted for him and he admits that nobody in Scotland likes him, but he still thinks Scotland should allow him to set our fiscal budget, collect our oil revenue, victimise the weakest in our society with his welfare policies, negotiate on our behalf with the EU, sell off our public services and spend our money buying nukes to store next to our largest city. Because who needs democracy when you can be Better Together? Cameron is in charge of a country which even he admits doesn't want him or his party, and unionists have the cheek to call Salmond a dictator?!? "

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th Jan 2014, 05:30pm
Post #199

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 8th Jan 2014, 03:24pm) *

QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 6th Jan 2014, 01:43pm) *
So I'm a parent who could get an admittedly low paid job but at least I'll be working and contributing. Unfortunately the cost of child care is almost as much as I'd be earning so it's not worth it for all the difference it would make.
If, however, I was able to access free child care I'd be able to get out and earn my money instead of relying on benefits.

Child care is not important? Think again. If this lot are holding it back then they are doing more damage than good.

Yes - I know - they can be voted out but that's not much help to me between now and September.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here

Children are needed for society to work, peoples state pensions are not paid by the ones drawing them at the moment but the ones working now, and likewise future pensions for the ones working now will be paid by the young when they are older.
Thats why governments are concerned about birth rate amongst the wealth generators, too few and we could be looking at a massive hole in finances that could only be filled by immigration.
free childcare and school meals for working parents will cost less in paperwork and bureaucracy than having people pay for it then trying to claim it back in taxes, yeah some people might whinge about not having kids but still paying for them, but as i pointed out we will all eventually benefit from the younger generation and it's right that they are given the best start they can get in life.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th Jan 2014, 05:37pm
Post #200

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Dylan @ 8th Jan 2014, 03:12pm) *
I agree with free School Meals.!

I agree with free Child Care.

As Zag asked, what benefits will Salmond cut to deliver. ? tongue.gif

I don't remember Lamont saying she was voting against Independence.?

She gave a valid reason but I still want Free Meals for all.

It will be costed as per the budget, the free childcare is not part of the budget so to implement it now something will have to be cut.
I'm all for free childcare coming out of the block grant, but if westminster then benefit from the less welfare and more tax receipts it's only right they increase the black grant accordingly.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Jan 2014, 05:44pm
Post #201

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (angel @ 8th Jan 2014, 12:31pm) *
you know this from your own personal experience .

No not at all, i was just trying to make sense of your post.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Jan 2014, 05:53pm
Post #202

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Guvin jimm @ 8th Jan 2014, 08:53am) *
Try and read history and not confine yourself to puerile anecdotes. The history of the Darien scheme was also one of treachery on behalf of king William's refusal to send any ships or any kind of salvation to the Scots who were trapped and due largly to "their kings" perfidy perished there. Dont get emotive get educated.

You are spot on Guvin jimm, i hadn't even spotted this post till you replied to it, not only is her knowledge of the Darien Scheme non existent, her version of the events leading to Act of the Union are a total fabrication, as for her history of WW2.......do me a favour huh.gif

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 8th Jan 2014, 07:07pm
Post #203

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 8th Jan 2014, 05:54pm) *
It will be costed as per the budget, the free childcare is not part of the budget so to implement it now something will have to be cut.
I'm all for free childcare coming out of the block grant, but if westminster then benefit from the less welfare and more tax receipts it's only right they increase the black grant accordingly.

Good point. But they won`t increase it. Something somewhere else will, as our coalition role models keep spouting, have to "take a hit".

+Quote Post
Ruchazie Rat
post 8th Jan 2014, 07:10pm
Post #204

City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,702
QUOTE (Dylan @ 8th Jan 2014, 03:12pm) *
I don't remember Lamont saying she was voting against Independence.

So, she`s voting for it then...?!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th Jan 2014, 07:31pm
Post #205

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Ruchazie Rat @ 8th Jan 2014, 08:27pm) *

Aye, that puzzled me too, but I have long given up trying to figure Dylan's logic and thought processes. laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 8th Jan 2014, 07:37pm
Post #206

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
QUOTE (Ruchazie Rat @ 8th Jan 2014, 07:27pm) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No, John said that she would say she voted against it as a vote against Independence.

Not true.

She explained why she voted against it.!

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 8th Jan 2014, 11:07pm
Post #207

Mega City Key Holder
http://derekbateman1.wordpress.com/2014/01...op-right-there/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noonan McKane
post 8th Jan 2014, 11:26pm
Post #208

Super Resident
Member No.: 5,552
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Jan 2014, 06:10pm) *
You are spot on Guvin jimm, i hadn't even spotted this post till you replied to it, not only is her knowledge of the Darien Scheme non existent, her version of the events leading to Act of the Union are a total fabrication, as for her history of WW2.......do me a favour huh.gif

I've a fairly good grasp of events leading up to the act of union. I can understand how events in the 17th century are relevant to this debate.

We keep the oil if we promise not to sack York again. Is that it?

+Quote Post
*Guvin Jimm*
post 9th Jan 2014, 01:59am
Post #209

QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 8th Jan 2014, 03:24pm) *

Excuse me but how "high tory" can you get? My auld granny brought up 4 daughters a son and an adoptee whose parents could no longer feed him. All on a dustman's wages during the depression. The great grand children are alive and thriving.

+Quote Post
*Guvin Jimm*
post 9th Jan 2014, 02:11am
Post #210

QUOTE (Noonan McKane @ 8th Jan 2014, 11:43pm) *
I've a fairly good grasp of events leading up to the act of union. I can understand how events in the 17th century are relevant to this debate.

We keep the oil if we promise not to sack York again. Is that it?

Actually William the conker awarded the lands of Yorkshire to the Bruce (De Brus) family and as hereditory lands of the Scottish royal family maybe we should demand that as part of our territory. Along with Cumberland and Nortumberland.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.