Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1503 Pages V  « < 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 26th Jul 2020, 11:13am
Post #22411

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (ashfield @ 26th Jul 2020, 10:55am) *
I see that there are reports today suggesting George Galloway wants to help the Tories (talk about a marriage made in hell rolleyes.gif ) defeat the SNP next year.........Nicola Sturgeon must be quaking in her boots.

Everytime I see or hear his name, the immortal line from the Steamie screams in my head, "Galloways mince".

How true tongue.gif

Yes, if George Galloway is the Saviour of the Union then it's day's are well and truly numbered.

I can't see the OO and EDL supporters here getting behind the Twatt In The Hat after the decades of hate and bile they've spewed about him, still, those who defend the union will jump into bed with anyone.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 31st Jul 2020, 07:09am
Post #22412

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Can't say I was surprised at the announcement yesterday that the leader of the opposition in Scotland has resigned after only 5 months. His style of leadership seemed to rely on his backroom researchers trying to find issues to nit-pick over in parliament. Clearly he wants to go back to earning a decent salary without the hassle or.....did he jump before being thrown overboard unsure.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st Jul 2020, 01:37pm
Post #22413

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 31st Jul 2020, 08:09am) *
Can't say I was surprised at the announcement yesterday that the leader of the opposition in Scotland has resigned after only 5 months. His style of leadership seemed to rely on his backroom researchers trying to find issues to nit-pick over in parliament. Clearly he wants to go back to earning a decent salary without the hassle or.....did he jump before being thrown overboard unsure.gif

Well according to Michelle Ballantyne who stood against him in the Branch Manager election campaign say's, "he was pushed".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0yZGphgHAU

Like rats in a sack. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 31st Jul 2020, 02:27pm
Post #22414

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 31st Jul 2020, 02:37pm) *
Well according to Michelle Ballantyne who stood against him in the Branch Manager election campaign say's, "he was pushed".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0yZGphgHAU

Like rats in a sack. wink.gif

I thought he was pretty sober.......aw wait, "pushed" tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st Jul 2020, 03:18pm
Post #22415

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 31st Jul 2020, 03:27pm) *

Aye, he's no George (Lord of the Drunken Dance) Foulkes. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 31st Jul 2020, 03:47pm
Post #22416

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (ashfield @ 31st Jul 2020, 03:27pm) *

Pushed as arat as they say biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Aug 2020, 09:46am
Post #22417

Mega City Key Holder
So the new Tory branch manager is just going to keep flogging the poor old union dead horse.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18621702....heart-campaign/

D.Ross doesn't realise Scotland has rejected his one trick pony.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 1st Aug 2020, 11:12am
Post #22418

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Aug 2020, 10:46am) *
So the new Tory branch manager is just going to keep flogging the poor old union dead horse.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18621702....heart-campaign/

D.Ross doesn't realise Scotland has rejected his one trick pony.

I watched D.Ross being interviewed, immediate preoccupation was Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP so nothing about policies, principles or direction. It's the same old story yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Aug 2020, 05:05pm
Post #22419

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 1st Aug 2020, 12:12pm) *
I watched D.Ross being interviewed, immediate preoccupation was Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP so nothing about policies, principles or direction. It's the same old story yes.gif

Thankfully i missed it, we're going through a major worldwide crisis and all these morons can do is push their British nationalist sham of a union cause.

The sooner we're rid of this Dross the better. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 2nd Sep 2020, 10:51am
Post #22420

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
WOS brigade are not happy with Wee Nippy's latest referendum annoucement !

"Sturgeon isn’t a leader, like Salmond. She doesn’t have his vision or courage or brains. She’s an administrator with Scottish cringe built in. She genuinely believes we are too wee too poor too stupid, but she enjoys being the regional manager.

Wasted years."

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Sep 2020, 12:12pm
Post #22421

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Sep 2020, 11:51am) *

"Sturgeon isn’t a leader, like Salmond. She doesn’t have his vision or courage or brains. She’s an administrator with Scottish cringe built in. She genuinely believes we are too wee too poor too stupid, but she enjoys being the regional manager.

Wasted years."

Why don't you stick to your profession and go jump a dyke. Take that any way you like !

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Sep 2020, 01:33pm
Post #22422

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Sep 2020, 11:51am) *

Wasted years."

I thought you'd have enough to worry about with the state of your Britnat parties and the rise in support for independence, never mind, i've just read that you can sing Land of Hope and Glory and Rule Britannia at the proms again. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 2nd Sep 2020, 08:59pm
Post #22423

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
laugh.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 9th Nov 2020, 01:14pm
Post #22424

Mega City Key Holder
Replying to Danny's question to me from the Coronavirus thread.

Danny asked me.

"I asked you to name any country in North, Central or South America which is independent, on this topic. Just because you say the vast majority of 195 countries on the planet are independent, doesn’t mean that this is true. You are obviously ignoring historical facts".

As far as i'm aware Danny all the countries in North, Central and South America are independent countries, can you give me the names of those that are not?

Can you tell my why you say that i'm incorrect when i said that, "the vast majority of 195 countries on the planet are independent"?

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 9th Nov 2020, 02:44pm
Post #22425

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 9th Nov 2020, 01:14pm) *
Replying to Danny's question to me from the Coronavirus thread.

Danny asked me.

"I asked you to name any country in North, Central or South America which is independent, on this topic. Just because you say the vast majority of 195 countries on the planet are independent, doesn’t mean that this is true. You are obviously ignoring historical facts".

As far as i'm aware Danny all the countries in North, Central and South America are independent countries, can you give me the names of those that are not?

Can you tell my why you say that i'm incorrect when i said that, "the vast majority of 195 countries on the planet are independent"?

Thanks Jagz for taking the time to respond to my post. I will just concentrate on the countries in North, Central and South America. None of them are independent countries.

My understanding is that our planet Earth is millions of years old. So when Christopher Columbus ‘discovered’ the American continent in 1492, that was relatively recently. Since his arrival there, Europeans destroyed ancient civilisations. Canada and the USA were the home to many many independent nations. We European’s destroyed them.

When I lived in Canada in the 1940’s there was only one indigenous man living in our area. He lived in a tent where he had been granted a piece of land on the small local airport, to let his small herd of cattle graze. The only other time I saw ‘Red Indians’ ( a term I hate using), was when they were making a fool of themselves performing for the amusement of the White man at exhibitions.

The ‘Red Indians’ were granted land to live on which were known as reservations. I went back in 1996 for a few months. I read in a newspaper for the Toronto area, that a building company had moved into this reservation and started building houses for sale to the ‘white man’.

The indigenous people took action by blocking the main road into their land. One reader of the newspaper wrote in and said, “Tell these guys this is Canada. They better get used to it.”

Fast forward to the 1990’s and the Canadian Government gave an apology to the indigenous people who lived in the far north west of Canada. For years the indigenous children in that area were taken from their families at a young age, to an well away area, to be brainwashed into believing in Christianity.

When I attended school there, Canadian history started with the arrival of European explorers. Nothing was taught about anything prior to that.

Switching briefly to the USA, the American Marine Corp anthem contains the words,

“From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country’s battles on the land and on the sea.

Montezuma relates to Mexico. The Spanish destroyed the Mexican civilisation.

Mention the West Indies, and the vast majority of people will think that native West Indians are black people. They are not. The black people are descendants of African slaves. The indigenous West Indians are irrelevant in today’s world. There must be very very few people throughout the who could name them.

+Quote Post

1503 Pages V  « < 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Nov 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.