Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

34 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, Local Hero he is not
DannyH
post 2nd Jul 2020, 07:31am
Post #436

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 1st Jul 2020, 10:37pm) *
Old Tory trick- divide & conquer. Only in this case, it does not work as I certainly in no way consider myself better than either Jagz or Wombat. That's your problem, Danny Boy, you have no conception of friendship, only competition. We three , among others, share views on important issues. I dare say that we disagree on other subjects, but that is not to affect our camaraderie. You, on the other hand, are an old fool - a sad old man, living in the past , pathetically dishing out completely unjustified insults to all who cross your path.

I see, so you are saying that the young people of today, should not mention the Coronavirus pandemic to those who were too young to live through it. It is usually referred to as being history, but you take your usual route and refer to me as an old fool. It won’t be long before you fit into that category. The only difference between you and me is that you have been an arrogant fool all of your life.

Danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 2nd Jul 2020, 07:52am
Post #437

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I wonder is Trump authorised this deal, it kinda fits with his style wink.gif

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53254487

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 2nd Jul 2020, 12:40pm
Post #438

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 01:03pm) *
... I am not talking about how many support the Tories. I just want to know where your source of information regarding Scots supporting Johnson, is coming from?

Danny

It would seem clear to me that those who support the Tories, in whichever way or numbers, must also be in support of Johnson; who is, after all, the Tory leader.
One can't support the team and wear the colours without supporting the team leader, can one?

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 2nd Jul 2020, 12:57pm
Post #439

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 03:55pm) *
Jagz

I was hoping, honestly, that I would get an adult reply from you.

Your first paragraph is just childish, and is not worth responding to.

Regarding your second paragraph, you are using the old trick of changing the issue. It is you who is to substantiate your claim. I haven’t made any claim regarding Scottish Tories

I don’t see the point of your third paragraph. The issue is your claim regarding the number of Scottish voters who support Johnson.

Your final paragraph is straight out of primary school. Still you probably thought you were being smart when you posted it. A sign of someone who doesn’t understand that this forum is supposed to be an adult debate. Hence the reason so many others have given up .

Danny

Hi Danny, don't go taking me for the Fourth Amigo: Ahm mair yer Lone Stranger wae Tinto but I couldn't help but count the number of personal insults which you made in the above post.
I'm sure that if you were to read it through again you'd have no course other than to agree that such posts are not conducive to serious discussion and, more likely than not, against the forum rules.
just saying. unsure.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 2nd Jul 2020, 02:16pm
Post #440

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jul 2020, 08:52am) *
I wonder is Trump authorised this deal, it kinda fits with his style wink.gif

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53254487

It was the same earlier when the Trump Administration outbid other countries, in particular germany, for existing PPE: masks etc., to help in his Invisible Enemy war: the one he said was only an other influenza and could be cured by one of his mate;s malaria treatments.
The last figures I saw had a death toll in Trumpland of 125,000 which, perhaps, an accountant may correct me if I'm wrong ( tongue.gif ) is about twice the death toll of US troops in the Nam Conflict.
... and he has the audacity to refer to European leaders as losers

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 2nd Jul 2020, 05:18pm
Post #441

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 2nd Jul 2020, 01:57pm) *
Hi Danny, don't go taking me for the Fourth Amigo: Ahm mair yer Lone Stranger wae Tinto but I couldn't help but count the number of personal insults which you made in the above post.
I'm sure that if you were to read it through again you'd have no course other than to agree that such posts are not conducive to serious discussion and, more likely than not, against the forum rules.
just saying. :unsure:

Hello Tee Hee

I haven’t taken offence a what you think of my post. If that is how you feel, I applaud your honesty.
Having said that, please go back and read Jagz initial post. All I asked of him was to substantiate his claim regarding the number of Scots who support Johnson. Also bear in mind he made that statement during a lockdown throughout Scotland. I think my question to him was a reasonable one to ask.

Then, as usual the Three Amigos got stuck into me. So would you please go back and see the abuse meted out to me by Bilbo. No attempt on his part to respond with an answer to support Jag’s claim.

You will be sending Bilbo a similar mild rebuke, I take it?

Danny

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 2nd Jul 2020, 05:36pm
Post #442

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 2nd Jul 2020, 01:40pm) *
It would seem clear to me that those who support the Tories, in whichever way or numbers, must also be in support of Johnson; who is, after all, the Tory leader.
One can't support the team and wear the colours without supporting the team leader, can one?

Hi TeeHee

Have you never heard of football club supporters baying for the sacking of the club’s manager?

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Jul 2020, 06:40pm
Post #443

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jul 2020, 07:18pm) *
Hello Tee Hee

I haven’t taken offence a what you think of my post. If that is how you feel, I applaud your honesty.
Having said that, please go back and read Jagz initial post. All I asked of him was to substantiate his claim regarding the number of Scots who support Johnson. Also bear in mind he made that statement during a lockdown throughout Scotland. I think my question to him was a reasonable one to ask.

Then, as usual the Three Amigos got stuck into me. So would you please go back and see the abuse meted out to me by Bilbo. No attempt on his part to respond with an answer to support Jag’s claim.

Danny

Danny Boy, You consider my comments about you as abuse. I see them as an honest opinion. You have spoken harsher, untruer words about me and others , words that attack our integrity. I do not expect shame from you. That would be like expecting shame from a Tory!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
wombat
post 2nd Jul 2020, 08:09pm
Post #444

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 1st Jul 2020, 07:39pm) *
Jagz, what time of the evening does your Godfather come in to change your nappy. If you were a man you would have told him to get lost long ago. You both have the same trait. You gang up on people like me. Well you are wasting your time lads.

Danny

tongue.gif widny like tae be the wan changing your nappy danny boy, its been oan since before the war laugh.gif laugh.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 3rd Jul 2020, 08:08am
Post #445

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jul 2020, 05:36pm) *
Hi TeeHee

Have you never heard of football club supporters baying for the sacking of the club’s manager?

Danny

Och, Danny, thei were only kiddin' tongue.gif
But I was on a squadron which would have liked to see the new Squadron Leader taken out and we weren't only kiddin' ... but we weren't Tories laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 3rd Jul 2020, 09:14am
Post #446

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 2nd Jul 2020, 05:18pm) *
Hello Tee Hee

Danny

Tommy Kennedy (RIP) would have had a field-day with you Danny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 3rd Jul 2020, 11:19am
Post #447

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 3rd Jul 2020, 10:14am) *
Tommy Kennedy (RIP) would have had a field-day with you Danny.

Hi TomI

I can’t reply to the above, because I don’t know what you are implying.

Tommy and I lived our younger days just a few hundred yards from each other. So we would have a lot to talk about, I seem to remember when Tommy posted on here, he said he was badly injured while serving in Trieste with the British army, AFTER a world war 2. Another of my generation for whom the War didn’t end in 1945. Two million of us did National Service or five years in the Merchant Navy.

Some didn’t come back, like Gordon Landels of Partick. He and I met on the train for the first time on the journey to our training camp. When we had finished training, I was posted to Germany. Gordon was posted to a camp just up the road from where we did our trading. I said to him, “You are a lucky sod, getting a home posting”. A couple of months later, my wife. Sent me the front page of the Daily Record. Gordon was in the front page. He had been blown up during a training exercise with explosives.

We were in the Royal Engineers, the training we received in training was pathetic. The possibility of being killed during that period was just an accepted as being normal by the Army. So these balloons like Bilbo and Wombat just make me feel sick when they make their bile posts.

So the point of this post is to inform these two sad creatures, that they can make all the remarks about me they wish to make. But don’t defile the memory of the thousands of young people who survived World War 2, only to Have to put on a uniform.

Danny

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 3rd Jul 2020, 11:58am
Post #448

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Oh dear, he's off again! laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
carmella
post 3rd Jul 2020, 12:04pm
Post #449

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (wombat @ 2nd Jul 2020, 09:09pm) *
tongue.gif widny like tae be the wan changing your nappy danny boy, its been oan since before the war laugh.gif laugh.gif

Grow up.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
carmella
post 3rd Jul 2020, 12:07pm
Post #450

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 3rd Jul 2020, 12:58pm) *
Oh dear, he's off again! laugh.gif

He speaks more sense on his posts than you’ve ever done. Maybe you should go back to Copy/paste using the intelligence of other people.

I am very surprised that you continue to refer to Danny as “Danny boy”. I am just surprised you still do it!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.