Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

25 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Union Already Lost?, Referendum: 18th September 2014
john.mcn
post 2nd Jan 2014, 11:52am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Dylan thinks we should have less say than san marino, and he asks if i'm on drugs!!!

If he isn't then he should be biggrin.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 2nd Jan 2014, 12:01pm
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jan 2014, 12:00pm) *
No such thing as road tax, it is vehicle excise duty, thats how they get away with the state of the roads as they are.

That is how all Governments work, do you think the SNP would act any different.

Tax is collected and distributed as the Govt. of the day see fit.

I would prefer a fairer distribution .

I'm away for a wee Coke, the Cola kind you understand. tongue.gif

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 2nd Jan 2014, 12:06pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Did I say anything about the SNP? You are totally obsessed with them!

BTW you should try snorting the coke up your nose, come back and tell us how good it was biggrin.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 2nd Jan 2014, 12:45pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
Coked up but can cut my nose. !!

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
anonymous
post 2nd Jan 2014, 12:48pm
Post #50

Lord Provost
Member No.: 8,804
QUOTE (amclpreston @ 2nd Jan 2014, 10:16am) *
I may laugh with Rab C. But at root I don't share his cynicism.

What took you to Kuching, in Sarawak? I worked, and lived for several years in Brunei.
How I got there was because I was single, quite adventurous, and took certain opportunities that presented themselves.

However, not everyone wants to be in a country where out of 17 native species of snake, only 16 are poisonous.

So you were single adventurous and scared of snakes!

+Quote Post
farrochie
post 2nd Jan 2014, 01:27pm
Post #51

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,201
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jan 2014, 12:00pm) *
No such thing as road tax, it is vehicle excise duty, thats how they get away with the state of the roads as they are.

"road tax" is just old shorthand. Interestingly, you either need a "tax" disc or complete an "off road" notification. Just done my motorbike SORN smile.gif

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 2nd Jan 2014, 02:51pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Pedantic lot that you are.
You know I meant the tax disk but it seems that they're looking at doing away with even that now. It's all going to be computerised. Eek!
Sorry to hear about your motorbike, farrochie, or do you only drive off road?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 2nd Jan 2014, 03:30pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
It already is Betsy, police have number plate recognition and know if you are taxed, insured and MOT'ed. Mines didn't come in time last year, i phoned Swansea to let them know and they said it was fine to still drive as i was on record as having paid as i did it through the website.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
farrochie
post 2nd Jan 2014, 04:14pm
Post #54

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,201
QUOTE (Betsy2009 @ 2nd Jan 2014, 03:08pm) *
Pedantic lot that you are.
You know I meant the tax disk but it seems that they're looking at doing away with even that now. It's all going to be computerised. Eek!
Sorry to hear about your motorbike, farrochie, or do you only drive off road?

I never use it in the winter, so for the first time I thought I'd save some money by not taxing it over winter. Will do 6 months tax May - October.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 2nd Jan 2014, 04:44pm
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
John, I mean they are doing away with the paper disks altogether soon.
Farrochie, good thinking Batman. Mind you it does make you a fair weather rider! Don't you want to ride in snowstorms and howling gales?
Anyway, I'm going way off subject so I'll shut up now.

+Quote Post
**Stephen**
post 2nd Jan 2014, 07:38pm
Post #56

QUOTE (red rooster @ 1st Jan 2014, 06:59pm) *
Seems to me that both sides are as bad as each other the no campaign with their fear campaign and the yes campaign who see Independance as a panacea for all ills.

I think the situation was best summed up by Rab C on the Hogmanay show last night - "2014 will be the year the great Scottish people will decide if they are to be shafted by Westminster or Holyrood"

Many a true word spoken in jest.

I could not agree more what I really want is a vote on EU membership it's our membership of that morally bankrupt den of thieves that is destroying our nation.

As for an independent Scotland how long would it take for us to end up like Greece or Ireland if we allow the shortbread tin nationalists to take control of our nation.

It's time for real change vote UKIP all the rest have lied to us and sold us down the river time and time again.

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 2nd Jan 2014, 08:35pm
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
QUOTE (*Stephen* @ 2nd Jan 2014, 07:55pm) *
I could not agree more what I really want is a vote on EU membership it's our membership of that morally bankrupt den of thieves that is destroying our nation.

As for an independent Scotland how long would it take for us to end up like Greece or Ireland if we allow the shortbread tin nationalists to take control of our nation.

It's time for real change vote UKIP all the rest have lied to us and sold us down the river time and time again.

Good insult Stephen. tongue.gif Must have taken ages to think of that shortbread quip. UKIP? Away and raffle.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Jan 2014, 09:13pm
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (*Stephen* @ 2nd Jan 2014, 07:55pm) *

Yet you don't seem to have a problem promoting our continued membership of that not just morally, but financially bankrupt den of thieves that is destroying our nation called Westminster Stephen.

An independent Scotland would not end up like Greece, why would it?

For example Scotland's economy is much broader based and stronger than Greece's, if we are to compare an independent Scotland to similar sized European countries then Denmark, Finland, or Sweden would be more accurate examples.

It has also escaped your notice that Ireland's economy has recovered quicker and is outstripping the UK's, and as for your slur about "shortbread tin nationalists to take control of our nation", had you even bothered to do a quick check before opening your mouth you would have realised that the Scottish economy has grown quicker and is stronger than the UK's due to the skill of John Swinney balancing the books and protecting the people of Scotland from the ravages of Tory cuts and George Osborne's calamitous mismanagement that see's the UK debt spiral to over £1.5 Trillion and growing at an astonishing rate of over £5,000 per second. http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Yes, Westminster have lied to us and sold us down the river time and time again.

Time for change.

Vote YES in 258 days thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 2nd Jan 2014, 10:36pm
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (Dylan @ 2nd Jan 2014, 02:02pm) *
Coked up but can cut my nose. !!

use a straw man tongue.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 2nd Jan 2014, 10:39pm
Post #60

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (wombat @ 2nd Jan 2014, 11:53pm) *
use a straw man tongue.gif

He is a straw man, Wombat ! cool.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.