Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Homeless World Cup, Glasgow from Sunday 10th July
shauny17
post 29th Jun 2016, 04:24pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,985
The homeless world cup comes to Glasgow on Sunday 10th July . Don't know about anybody else but I am excited about it. Everyone who is involved is passionate and committed and its for a good cause. We wont see any scenes { I hope } like we have had recently at the euro tournament. Good family free entertainment. Wondering what other people thoughts are?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GG
post 29th Jun 2016, 10:35pm
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Thanks Shauny, I hadn't heard about this until now. I'm sure that it will be well received by the people of the city... just a shame that our local politicians have consistently been working as hard as they can to make life as intolerable as possible for homeless people in our city.

More info about the tournament here: https://www.homelessworldcup.org/tournament/glasgow-2016

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
Scots Kiwi Lass
post 30th Jun 2016, 11:38am
Post #3

City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,097
This sounds like a pretty big event - how will it all be fitted into George Square? Anyway, I wish the organisers and competitors the best of luck and hope it all goes well.

Cheers,

--------------------
Kia mau ki to Maoritanga
.............. Hold fast to your culture

+Quote Post
shauny17
post 30th Jun 2016, 11:15pm
Post #4

Unpacking
Member No.: 32,985
I hope more people get to know about it . Yeah the homeless get a raw deal lets hope Glasgow and beyond get behind all the teams that are competing. I am led to believe George square will be transformed into 5 aside pitches to host the games. Don't quote me on that though! I think after all that's happening elsewhere it will be good to have a distraction away from it all. Lets hope the sun comes out for this outdoor event laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Scotsman
post 8th Jul 2016, 03:25pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,353
Was in the toon yesterday and saw the pitches in George Square. Dont really get what its about or why they did not put it at one of the many sports centres in the city??

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 8th Jul 2016, 09:52pm
Post #6

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
George SQ location means many people will stop for at least a while to watch, if it was held at a Sports Centre very few would attend.

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 9th Jul 2016, 09:11am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
A lot of skint knees?

+Quote Post
Betsy2009
post 9th Jul 2016, 11:47am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,701
Picture ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36735602

+Quote Post
GG
post 18th Jul 2016, 11:06pm
Post #9

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Homeless World Cup 2016 hailed a stunning success

Over 50 countries participated in the Homeless World Cup last week in Glasgow, with the event attracting almost 100,000 spectators through the gates.

Mel Young, Co-Founder of the Homeless World Cup said: “We promised that George Square would be the most inspiring place on the planet for the duration of this tournament, that so it has been. The people of Glasgow have taken our players to their hearts, and made this such a very special tournament in the history of the Homeless World Cup. Games have been fantastic fun, and our players have received unstinting support.

“As our players head back to their countries, we wish them every success as they look to build on this experience, and create a life they would want for themselves. Rightly, they should stand tall. We can genuinely say: you are all winners.”

The charity event saw two million more people watch online, making this years even the most digitally connected Homeless World up ever. [...]

Full story here:
http://www.scottishhousingnews.com/10312/h...unning-success/

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.