Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost Friend, Looking for friend
weecal
post 21st Mar 2004, 11:12pm
Post #16

Special Visitor
Member No.: 208
http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.ph...topic=49&st=195 Smiley. Try this link on the board. Its about Househillwood Roundabout/The Bundy/ Priesthill. Lots of people who went to Crookston Castle (myself included) post there so someone there should be able to help you. Lots of luck,WEECAL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
isa
post 22nd Mar 2004, 07:31pm
Post #17

Lord Provost
Member No.: 425
hello,
her are just 3 names that is registered with friendsreunited.co.uk
No. 59
1940 to 1960 Jean ferguson
No. 174
1960 to 1965 David Hamilton
No. 308
1954 to 1961 Marion Drummond

are these any good?
also i looke for sawmill road, but all they have listed is sawmillfield street.
isa

--------------------
gonnae throw us doon a piece Ma

+Quote Post
Marion Dougan
post 22nd Mar 2004, 08:41pm
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 206
Isa, I am Marion Drummond, where did you find my name. I went to Rockvilla then Hyde Park

--------------------
Lang may yer Lum reek!!!

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 22nd Mar 2004, 09:41pm
Post #19

Sawmill Rd is off South St In Partick

+Quote Post
isa
post 23rd Mar 2004, 12:20pm
Post #20

Lord Provost
Member No.: 425
hello marion,
i found it on friendsreunited, my street, i hope i didnt offend you by adding it, i was just trying to help anne look for old friends,
isa wub.gif

--------------------
gonnae throw us doon a piece Ma

+Quote Post
*Guest_ARCAJO*
post 11th Apr 2004, 09:50pm
Post #21

QUOTE (ANNE MATHESON @ 5th Sep 2003, 09:27 AM)
DOSE ANYONE KNOW POSSIL RD IN GLASGOW??
OR SAWMILL RD?

Possil Rd is a continuation of Garscube Rd, leading on to Keppochhill Rd,although Brownlees sawmill was in Dobbies Loan,there was to my knowledge never a Sawmill Rd,but just about 50 Yards passed the Round Toll off the Garscube Road there was a street called Sawmillfield St,the street is still there but alas there are no houses,its a small industrial Estate..I dont know if that info is any good to you Cheers

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 13th Apr 2004, 01:25am
Post #22

Brownlees sawmill was at the corner of saracen st & possil rd at the mosshouse.
Sawmill rd is in Partick

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 13th Apr 2004, 07:21am
Post #23

QUOTE (Guest @ 13th Apr 2004, 02:42 AM)
Brownlees sawmill was at the corner of saracen st & possil rd at the mosshouse.
Sawmill rd is in Partick

Hi Guest you are quite correct insaying that brownlees was situated at Possil Cross,I inadvertently put in Dobbies Loan instead of the Largest City sawmill that stretched from Craighall Rd to halfway up Borron St and from Possil Cross to Coldstream Place off Keppochhill Rd wub.gif I believe there was a coal ree based near this site with railway lines..sorry for wrong details
but i'm afraid that the house that the lady is looking for,are in the distant pass, the only way she would recognise anything is the wall of Rockvilla school is still standing and the Aqueduct [ bridge]where trams/buses passed underneath Cheers FLIM

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 13th Apr 2004, 07:35am
Post #24

QUOTE (Guest_ARCAJO @ 11th Apr 2004, 11:07 PM)
Possil Rd is a continuation of Garscube Rd, leading on to Keppochhill Rd,although Brownlees sawmill was in Dobbies Loan,there was to my knowledge never a Sawmill Rd,but just about 50 Yards passed the Round Toll off the Garscube Road there was a street called Sawmillfield St,the street is still there but alas there are no houses,its a small industrial Estate..I dont know if that info is any good to you Cheers

Hi Ann Matheson there is a library book which shows part of Possil Rd in a photograph you can see through the mist thr houses that once stood there [ modern and old tenement,also in the photo you will observe to your left Brownlees sawmill and on your right Rockvilla school[ the wall still remains] the name of the book is old COWCADDENS.POSSILPARK&LAMBHILL by Andrew Stuart hope this helps Cheers

+Quote Post
*Geraldine Bell*
post 7th Jul 2008, 01:03pm
Post #25

Hi
Does anyone remember me?
I left Hyde Park in 1961

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 16th Jul 2008, 08:52am
Post #26

"Alma Bennett"

Is my mother, she married an Engish guy who was in the Merchant Navy and moved to Burgess Hill, West Sussex in England, they dovirced and she is now back in Scotland somewhere.

+Quote Post
stratson
post 16th Jul 2008, 11:11am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,660
Hi, could you say where in Scotland your mother originally came from. her age group, perhaps the type of work she did, this would perhaps help in your search, perhaps she remarried, If she married originally in Scotland you'd get her address from marriage certificate. Was Bennnett her maiden name? Good Luck in your search. smile.gif

--------------------
"WELCOME TO MY WORLD"

+Quote Post
*Anne Johnston*
post 6th Aug 2008, 10:37pm
Post #28

QUOTE (Hugo @ 22nd Aug 2003, 11:11 PM) *
Does anyone know of guys called , John Johnston, Mat MaGee, Sammy Muir or Ricky Hart. From Glasgow, they were in HLI then Royal Scots 58 to 60..Berlin.

Hi, I had a cousin by the name of John Johnston but I am not sure if it's the same fellow that you are looking for, if your mate had a brother and a couple of sisters then it's him, if not, then good luck. Anne

+Quote Post
big tommy
post 13th Oct 2008, 01:19pm
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
QUOTE (ANNE MATHESON @ 5th Sep 2003, 10:14am) *
OR SAWMILL RD?

Hello Anne
I lived in Crossburn Street off Garscube Road until i got maried and moved here to Bishopbriggs.

I used t go with a girl from High Craighall road ,called Tilly Calderhead .
Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best

+Quote Post
*Hugh Scanlan*
post 6th Jan 2009, 05:51pm
Post #30

QUOTE (ANNE MATHESON @ 5th Sep 2003, 08:09am) *
OR SAWMILL RD?

Hi Anne Sawmill Road was a short road that linked South Street and Dumbarton Road at Thornwood in Partick there is about 40 foot of it left as they have built a motorway on top of it. It is opposite Balshagrey School (which is now an annex of Anniesland College) at the Thornwood roundabout. The nearest schools would have been Balshagrey, Thornwood and Whiteinch or if they were catholic it would have been St Pauls in Whiteinch ther used to be a licenced grocer on the corner and a pawn shop on the opposite corner both having entrances on Sawmill Road I think there may only have been 5 or 6 closes in the road and i think the houses were demolished in the late sixties cheers Hugh

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.