Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kerelaw School Ayrshire, Plush'est List'd' schools
**billy**
post 3rd Jan 2013, 11:12am
Post #16

I was in kerelaw from about 72 till about 74 I was in Baird House the house master was Mr Scott. His wife work in the clothing store I remember a George Warnock a teacher there as I was part of the boxing team I was also junior sport champion I dont have any photos of that time.That summer at the sports day we had Ricky Fulton & Jack Milroy (Francie & Josie) handing out the prizes.

Were you there at that time, if you have any photo from that time??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
billyc58
post 6th Jan 2013, 01:16pm
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 17,672
I too was at Kerelaw from about 1972 till 1974, i was in Baird house the house master was Mr Scott his wife worked in the clothing store. i also remember Mr Torrance and George Warnock the maths teacher as i was part of the boxing team. I was also junior sport champion cant remember the year anyway that year we had Jack Milroy & Ricky Fulton aka Francie&Josie giving that prizes out by mum did not have a camera with her so we don't have any photos of that time. If you where there at that time and have any photos get in touch cant remember many people from that time except Joe Conway here was from Irvine, Jimmy&Ronnie Faulds from Bridgeton, And 2 other brother from Aberdeen called Robertson if you where there at that time it would be good to hear from you.

+Quote Post
*megaen*
post 14th Feb 2013, 11:10am
Post #18

I was in kerelaw for 3 and a half year that place killed u in side a still dream about it a lot and a still can't get over I got out it in 1 peace

+Quote Post
*john gifford*
post 24th May 2013, 12:30am
Post #19

My names john gifford and I was at mossbank. Aswell from 66-68 mr ramadge was the woodwork teacher, mr wiggins was the cobbler! Mr spencer was third in charge, hopefully someone can get intouch if they remember me!

+Quote Post
*John gibson*
post 23rd Feb 2014, 01:02am
Post #20

hi i was i kerelaw and suffered scares r still the worst ones is the mental side i have never recovered i feel every door has been closed 2 me i do not no where else claw was my nick name i was i millerston matt George was my art teacher r there anyone who was there when i was i had 2 police come 2 see me i told them everything then i never heard nil from anyone again ????????? i was not important as some people got worse i hope you have all got better help in me i found out about 1 pal colin he is dead killed his self r.i.p peace peace u have already been to hell the ones that new as well staff your as guilty as them rot in hell

+Quote Post
*Sanael*
post 28th Feb 2014, 07:32am
Post #21

QUOTE (John gibson @ 23rd Feb 2014, 01:19am) *
hi i was i kerelaw and suffered scares r still the worst ones is the mental side i have never recovered i feel every door has been closed 2 me i do not no where else claw was my nick name i was i millerston matt George was my art teacher r there anyone who was there when i was i had 2 police come 2 see me i told them everything then i never heard nil from anyone again ????????? i was not important as some people got worse i hope you have all got better help in me i found out about 1 pal colin he is dead killed his self r.i.p peace peace u have already been to hell the ones that new as well staff your as guilty as them rot in hell

Hunt them down; use the newspapers, the T.V. any media. See about legal aid. If they abused you don't let them die in peace. Get others in the same boat to help you. Don't give up. Make sure the world hears you.

+Quote Post
beezzneezz1
post 4th Mar 2014, 07:27pm
Post #22

Visitor
Member No.: 6,906
hi john , my art teacher was also matt george , police came to me also , i know what you mean with the mental scares , there is a bit of help out there if you want info on the help just let me know

+Quote Post
Foxy52
post 4th Mar 2014, 08:25pm
Post #23

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,742
QUOTE (john gifford @ 23rd May 2013, 07:47pm) *
My names john gifford and I was at mossbank. Aswell from 66-68 mr ramadge was the woodwork teacher, mr wiggins was the cobbler! Mr spencer was third in charge, hopefully someone can get intouch if they remember me!

Hi John, Sorry l don't remember you, l got released from Mossbank in late September 1966, I now remember Mr Ramadge, and also Mr Wiggins, big Spencer, its coming back to me now, Do you remember Mr Ray, the wee black guy?, And Wee John Law, the night watchman.

+Quote Post
*Ronnie gray*
post 21st Jun 2014, 03:10pm
Post #24

QUOTE (*billy* @ 3rd Jan 2013, 11:29am) *
I was in kerelaw from about 72 till about 74 I was in Baird House the house master was Mr Scott. His wife work in the clothing store I remember a George Warnock a teacher there as I was part of the boxing team I was also junior sport champion I dont have any photos of that time.That summer at the sports day we had Ricky Fulton & Jack Milroy (Francie & Josie) handing out the prizes.

Were you there at that time, if you have any photo from that time??

+Quote Post
*Ronnie gray*
post 21st Jun 2014, 03:14pm
Post #25

QUOTE (Mcbamm @ 29th Jul 2003, 04:01pm) *
Has any one else had the privillage of being educated at one of the country's plush'est List'd' schools biggrin.gif

I was there 86-88, would like to hear from anybody else who was there at any time.

Chris.

+Quote Post
kathleen welsh
post 2nd Dec 2014, 08:16pm
Post #26

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,174
Looking for friends from Kerelaw 1977 - 78

facebook

friends reunited

Kathleen Murray ( welsh )

+Quote Post
**John**
post 12th Nov 2015, 11:04am
Post #27

Hi I was in Kerelaw Abused school early 1980, I was wondering if any one out there was in Thyr when I was in Thyr. Convicted Beast teacher Matthew George gave me the Nov name Mongol John, so people will never forget that name be good to hear how many X pupils remember me. Thank you John.

+Quote Post
*kathleen.welsh@ymai*
post 1st Dec 2015, 04:50pm
Post #28

QUOTE (crazydiamond1962 @ 21st Feb 2010, 08:15pm) *
we left glasgow when i was 7yrs old to live in saltcoats in 1969 i think it was. we met some kerelaw boys at auchenharvie swimming pool in the mid 70's 75-78 we went to school there then we hade to move to england. the boys followed us down then we didn't see them again. i am on facebook asking if anyone know what has happened since then. wee sid, brian fisher,momo, doojy, jimmy riggins from shotts

+Quote Post
GG
post 4th Feb 2017, 01:21am
Post #29

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
From the BBC today...
Ex-teacher arrested over Kerelaw School abuse claims

A former teacher has been arrested in connection with sexual and physical abuse allegations at a former residential school in Ayrshire.

Matthew George was held by police investigating historical allegations at Kerelaw School.

The 67 year old taught art at the school and secure unit, which closed in 2006 following a police probe into incidents of abuse.

He is expected to appear at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court later.

A report is to be sent to the procurator fiscal.

The school was originally run by Strathclyde Regional Council and its successor, Glasgow City Council.

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.